Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2017, 12:28 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,822,733 times

Advertisements

Heh, you must have only dipped a pinky toe into the internet if you think that's the most racist thing on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2017, 12:30 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,304,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
Take the advice y'all give blacks. "Maybe you should work on your image as a race. Your culture is its own worst enemy. Maybe if you dressed better and talked a certain way more people would accept you".
I walk around naked. I was going with just large hoop earrings but found out that may constitute "cultural appropriation".

Old 06-21-2017, 01:06 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,322,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I walk around naked. I was going with just large hoop earrings but found out that may constitute "cultural appropriation".
Do whatever it is you need to do to seek our possible approval.

Old 06-21-2017, 03:02 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,265,406 times
There are two kind of people who would even look up "White People" on Urban Dictionary.

Those who want to offend and those who want to be offended.

Old 06-21-2017, 03:15 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,261,506 times
Identitarian politics and culture need to die.

If you get upset because a bunch of idiots are insulting your *group,* you're basically violating the "don't feed the trolls" rule. I am not a part of some monolithic group, so I simply don't care.

Yes, it's racist, yes, it's really dumb, yes, it's entirely hypocritical, and you're free to think or call it all of those things. But after that, move on, do more important things, interact with more intelligent ideas, and don't feed the identitarian trolls.

^That is, as long as there's no attempt to try and gain undue *authority.*

Old 06-21-2017, 03:36 PM

5,671 posts, read 4,338,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
is....
Urban Dictionary: white people

For those that don't know, Urban Dictionary is a website where users can post whatever definition they want for a given word or expression, and the definition gets up-voted or down-voted and the top rated definitions appear at the top. Often people are just trying to be funny, but it's generally a good resource for meanings of cultural phrases you won't find in Webster's or Oxfords.

In this case, the definitions are full of hateful bigoted vitriol against white people. It's not surprising that someone would post such things, what is sad is all the up votes and lack of down votes. It just goes to show you the levels of self-hatred in our society today and how social justice warriors look down upon themselves
It's a comedy website. I could understand finding it offensive, but there's about a 70% chance everything on there was made by trolls rather than people who actually have those opinions.

I think it's funny, personally.

My favorite entry is of a phrase made famous by Todd Akin known as "legitimate rape:"

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...egitimate+Rape

I like entry #2 best.

They're pretty hard on black people too...not that I see why that should comfort anyone. I've never really understood the whole "if you insult everyone instead of one group, it's okay" mentality....

just please, please, please nobody get that website taken down.

Mexican and Asian people got off easy, as did the Native Americans, but their entries are still amusing IMO.

Last edited by Clintone; 06-21-2017 at 03:50 PM..

Old 06-21-2017, 03:43 PM

6,898 posts, read 4,741,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
is....
Urban Dictionary: white people

For those that don't know, Urban Dictionary is a website where users can post whatever definition they want for a given word or expression, and the definition gets up-voted or down-voted and the top rated definitions appear at the top. Often people are just trying to be funny, but it's generally a good resource for meanings of cultural phrases you won't find in Webster's or Oxfords.

In this case, the definitions are full of hateful bigoted vitriol against white people. It's not surprising that someone would post such things, what is sad is all the up votes and lack of down votes. It just goes to show you the levels of self-hatred in our society today and how social justice warriors look down upon themselves
Urban Dictionary: black people

Old 06-21-2017, 03:44 PM

33,509 posts, read 18,076,105 times
Looks like some blacks hate white people. Not all. Some blacks like white people and do not follow the mantra of the left. The left is always pointing to black people's skin and getting blacks to think they are a victim of their skin color. This is the highest form of racism coming from the left.

Old 06-21-2017, 03:44 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,103,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
It's a comedy website. I could understand finding it offensive, but there's about a 70% chance everything on there was made by trolls rather than people who actually have those opinions.

I think it's funny, personally.

My favorite entry is of a phrase made famous by Todd Akin known as "legitimate rape:"

Urban Dictionary: Legitimate Rape
Yeah, there's a lot of wild crap period on Urban Dictionary and not something to be taken as a serious source on racism. I mean, I sure hope some of the sex acts on there are just made up as a joke because otherwise eeeeeek. (Not a prude, talking about the really out there stuff...but I guess each to their own as long as it's not harming other people, eh?

Old 06-21-2017, 03:46 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,304,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
Do whatever it is you need to do to seek our possible approval.
I live for your approval 8won6.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies