Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 05:31 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,878,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
While Clinton won black, Latina, and Asian women by huge margins, 53 percent of white women preferred the candidate who called women pigs and dogs to the one from their own demographic.

The surreal post-election life of the woman who would have been president.
By Rebecca Traister
Inside Hillary Clinton
Did you bother to read your own link?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2017, 05:37 PM

1,207 posts, read 1,275,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Tarabotti View Post
[/b]

Question- do you think that minority women vote as a block because they are minorities? Or is this one case that they get to vote outside the box because they are women? Do you feel that race transcends gender for minority women?
Race has caused more issue than gender in this country, and I feel people identify as groups based on race rather than gender. So race transcends gender for most minorities in this country. The only special group where gender transcends race in this country would be with white women, because race has not affected them on a daily basis like it would for others. Women have definitely gotten the short end of the stick in this country's history, but nothing to the level that minorities of all races have faced. Women were not legally enslaved, forced into concentration camps, persecuted and executed, and treated as poorly as minorities have been in this country. And that shared struggle is was causes blacks & other racial minorities to operate as one, in a sense.

Old 06-22-2017, 05:53 PM

18,423 posts, read 15,158,285 times
What surprises me the most is that white women were the only women that didn't fall for the identity politics tactics of the left.

Old 06-22-2017, 06:30 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,567,269 times
Most women went with the lesser of the 2 evils. When Hillary Clinton went on the podium and openly said she'll give a path to citizenship to all the illegals in the country. She had no idea how many people got upset by her offering.

The reason that the US had less attacks than EU because we haven't completely openly invited all Middle East immigrants over. Hillary & the Democrats platform simply doesn't fly with most citizens.

Their identity politics tactics backfired, the media keeps selling it but they haven't learned a thing that most working people do not subscribe to the media's wishes.

Old 06-22-2017, 06:42 PM

5,306 posts, read 2,094,329 times
From what I saw a lot of in my red state, THE issue was abortion/SCOTUS. They were able to overlook other objections in name of that issue. It still boils down to the lesser of two evils to them, but not necessarily due to identity politics, immigrants, etc as the deciding factor (as stated by them).

Old 06-22-2017, 08:48 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,417,053 times
Quote:
While Clinton won black, Latina, and Asian women by huge margins, 53 percent of white women preferred the candidate who called women pigs and dogs to the one from their own demographic.

By Rebecca Traister
Inside Hillary Clinton
My god, how long will you folks continue to jump on this false statistic?

53% of white women did not vote for Trump.

48% of eligible voters in the country did not even vote.

Of those eligible voters, just over 25% voted for Trump.

Of THAT 25%, 53% of them were white women

Ooooh, math is hard! Statistics are misleading! If it keeps getting repeated, it must be true!

I'll repeat it again: 53% of white women in this country did not vote for Trump. Nearly 50% of the country didn't even vote at all.

Please stop trotting out bulls--t, made up statistics to support your ridiculous falsehoods.

Old 06-22-2017, 08:57 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,743,466 times
Quote:

By Rebecca Traister
Inside Hillary Clinton

This is something that I have posted previously and it still puzzles me. As a man, I am offended by this crude SOB, who has zero respect for anyone, especially women. Yet, I see women smiling and cheering at his rallies, and I am simply amazed.

Maybe I put women up on too much of a pedestal or think they are smarter than they are.

Old 06-22-2017, 08:59 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,743,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post

Ooooh, math is hard! Statistics are misleading! If it keeps getting repeated, it must be true!

I'll repeat it again: 53% of white women in this country did not vote for Trump. Nearly 50% of the country didn't even vote at all.

Please stop trotting out bulls--t, made up statistics to support your ridiculous falsehoods.

Ok, here is a statistic for you. I can't believe even ONE WOMAN voted for him, let alone 25%.

Old 06-22-2017, 09:05 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,417,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Ok, here is a statistic for you. I can't believe even ONE WOMAN voted for him, let alone 25%.
I agree. Any woman who voted for Trump does not care one bit about women's rights, treatment, or equality.

Old 06-22-2017, 09:13 PM

18,423 posts, read 15,158,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post

Your bolded statement is wrong. It seems to be suggesting that 53% of Trump voters were white women. It should say that 53% of white women that voted, voted for Trump.

That said, I don't think you are giving anyone new information here. I think most people on this forum understand this. If they say that "X" percent of a demographic voted for Trump or Hillary, it is a given that they are talking about a percentage of the people that actually voted. Also, to get a truly accurate count, you would need to know what percentage of white women voted and did not vote.

And if they didn't vote, I don't feel sorry for not counting them. They forfeited their opportunity to be counted.

Last edited by AnesthesiaMD; 06-22-2017 at 09:22 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies