Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 09:10 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
Hell.... how did he even see that far? Must be quite a scope..........
I'm thinking there would be a solid second or two of stunned disbelief and incredulity they'd actually pulled it off after seeing the spray of..........before the "do you believe that chit" and high fiving started.

think of the radio chatter to and fro between that team and those forward guys who called in the hit.

Bet he and his spotter drink free now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2017, 10:02 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Thanks Banjo.

This is a good read and discusses the shabby way military can be treated by an undeserving country from time to time.

How a record-breaking Canadian sniper kill shot was almost forgotten - Macleans.ca

Furlong is now a Calgary city policeman whose training and amazing expertise were simply wasted by our stupid government. When I think of the training potential he could have provided young recruits over the intervening years, it makes my blood boil.
You're welcome.
I have a friend in Canada whose son served a hitch in Afghanistan as an officer in the Princess Patricias, and he taught me a lot about the Canadian military and its history.

Most Americans don't know how much the Canadians are called on as peacekeepers in conflicts all over the world. As a vet myself, I am very impressed with the Patricias' professionalism and esprit de corps.

Old 06-22-2017, 11:27 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Congrats on a nice shot! ISIS is good for something-reactive targets.

Old 06-22-2017, 11:39 PM

2,049 posts, read 1,066,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
The question I have is what in the hell is a Canadian sniper doing shooting someone in a conflict between two groups that aren't attacking Canada?
Do you want to cry for that murdered terrorist?
As the Canadian prime minister did when he cried for four Muslims killed in a mosque but did not cry over the victims of the recent London attacks

Old 06-23-2017, 01:40 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
The Canadians have been with us in Afghanistan and iraq since the beginning.
So.

No Afghan or Iraqi attacked Canada, so what are they doing shooting people in the Middle East.
Quote:
simply put. It was an amazing shot. I admire Canadians. Do you find fault with everything?
The difference between you and I is that I'm not a lemming or a myrmidon.

Again, who did he kill? This has nothing to do with your admiration.

Old 06-23-2017, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
Guess, you conveniently FORGET.. Bush said to his allies " You are either with us or against us" and yes, us Canadians are about 10% of your American Population.. BUT We did make a difference on 9/11 by taking in diverted planes on that day and regular citizens took in those passengers into their homes.. But fast forward 15.75 years later and people like YOU have ZERO appreciation SMH and tells us in Canada> There is a lot of low-info Americans that have NO education of just who helped and stood shoulder to shoulder with YOU!!
Go get a grip and stop demeaning those who actually shed blood and treasure for YOUR WAR!! WE didn't start it.. BUSH did.. and based on lies.. Now, Trump denies the "Article 5" of NATO Partners You wonder why NATO Allies have NO Trust in Americans right now!! Your backs are no longer covered like it was after 9/11!!

TY @banjomike.. at least you remember historical facts
The United States doesn't need NATO anyway. It should've been disbanded years ago.

Moreover, I'm supposed to be grateful that the Canadians joined us in a silly and ridiculous war? Really?

Seriously though... when Bush made his "with us or against us" proclamation, your government should've laughed at him and ignored it.

Canadian troops have no business killing anyone in the Middle East.

Old 06-23-2017, 02:03 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Dunno but Im grateful to our Cannuck friends for the loan of the dude that did it.
Yea maybe the next 9/11 type attack will happen In Canada instead of America. Go Canada!

Old 06-23-2017, 05:26 AM

7,473 posts, read 4,016,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
So.

No Afghan or Iraqi attacked Canada, so what are they doing shooting people in the Middle East.

The difference between you and I is that I'm not a lemming or a myrmidon.

Again, who did he kill? This has nothing to do with your admiration.

again DD..... you have no idea who I am.........as to who he killed...........read the link in the OP..........and try to keep the trolling to a minimum.......

Old 06-23-2017, 08:36 PM

Quote:
again DD..... you have no idea who I am.........as to who he killed...........read the link in the OP..........and try to keep the trolling to a minimum.......
I don't wanna know who you are. I'm not interested.

Who did this sniper kill? An ISIS member? How do we know that and what proof exists that the guy wasn't a baker or a shoe repairer?

Sorry, but I ain't so easily impressed.

Old 06-23-2017, 08:42 PM

11,345 posts, read 16,705,526 times
Give the man a cigar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies