Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 12:17 PM

937 posts, read 699,747 times

Advertisements

As long as Republicans go out of their way to keep their lily white suburbs exclusive to themselves, shutting out people without means the situation will not change.

Amazing, Republicans don't want a penny going to the poor, but they have NO problem spending $50k/yr (or whatever the current cost is) to house criminals that wound up there because there aren't enough good paying jobs or help in the first place. You pay five figures to lock someone up, but don't want a dime to go to help them out?

And I DON'T mean "handouts". In spite of what you claim, the vast majority just want a decent paying job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2017, 12:19 PM

937 posts, read 699,747 times
A perfect example is one of our snob, elitist suburbs gave a tax break to some financial outfit to build a call center out in this suburb, off of any bus route instead of building it the city where it is needed.

Talk about tax breaks for the rich?

Old 06-22-2017, 12:32 PM

1,207 posts, read 1,282,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by videobruce View Post
A perfect example is one of our snob, elitist suburbs gave a tax break to some financial outfit to build a call center out in this suburb, off of any bus route instead of building it the city where it is needed.

Talk about tax breaks for the rich?
Or cities that refuse to implement public transit because they believe that the degenerates will get in and cause crime? Always a republican stronghold.

Old 06-22-2017, 12:33 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,654,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
But how can this be? I thought democrats were all about lifting poor people out of poverty.

When are people going to realize that democrats do nothing but strip people of their money and their freedoms and offer nothing in return?

The Top 10 U.S. Cities With High Homelessness Rates
Democrats support giving assistance to the poor. And homeless people will naturally flock to liberal cities to take advantage of government programs for the poor.

If you lost your job and became homeless where would you go?

City A.) a city that supports welfare, supports food stamps, supports aid to the poor, and supports free healthcare.

City B.) a city that opposes welfare, opposes food stamps, opposes government aid to the poor, and opposes free healthcare.

Its only natural for homeless people to flock to liberal cities.

Old 06-22-2017, 12:35 PM

25,962 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Section 8 housing is full of illegal aliens: Many illegal immigrants live in public housing - USATODAY.com Deport and secure the border.

CA is responsible for their problems with homelessness: https://www.capsweb.org/blog/califor...0%99s-homeless and my bet is the others have the same issue, making choices not in the best interest of their citizens.

Quote:
I should have known that liberals would just blame their homeless problems on republicans. Nothing is ever their fault.
Had to be either the fault of the GOP, Trump, Trump supporters or Russia/Putin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlando-calrissian View Post
Why are you taking pleasure in the fact that there are homeless people in the first place? It doesn't matter who controls the city, the homeless problem should be addressed. This is why identity politics is BS, everything is just a blame game.

Also, since Democrats tend to support offering more social services, wouldn't it follow that those who require the services would go to a place that provides it?

And name a major city that isn't a majority liberal.
And, the first major step in addressing is the deportation of illegal aliens. That will free up both jobs and housing.

Democrats offering sanctuary to criminals probably is the biggest attraction.

What I have seen is the ones that are intent on serving and protecting illegal aliens are having the most difficulty.

If citizens are being left unserved, you reduce services across the board so that there is enough to go around getting the basics met.

Good article: California: Where they welcome and protect illegal aliens and keep homeless U.S. citizens in prison camps

Old 06-22-2017, 12:35 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,558,442 times
Quote:
I should have known that liberals would just blame their homeless problems on republicans. Nothing is ever their fault.
And you're blaming liberals for any & all problems. Pot meet kettle.

Old 06-22-2017, 12:40 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,707,171 times
Quote:
But how can this be? I thought democrats were all about lifting poor people out of poverty.

When are people going to realize that democrats do nothing but strip people of their money and their freedoms and offer nothing in return?

I don't get it. Over the last 50 years poor and disenfranchised groups have turned to the Democratic Party. Hence, cities usually vote democrat because cities had become the areas with the highest concentration of the poor and disenfranchised. They then vote democrat. The democratic party did not make the people poor and disenfranchised.

I am on neither side of the political divide, both sides have points that I agree and disagree with and my agreement and disagreement varies with the circumstances. However, one of the most absurd arguments I read is linking the problems of cities to the Democratic party. Rather, the problems of cities is why the people vote for the Democratic Party in the cities. I mean, if the people of Flint, Michigan put a Republican in office....how would it change things for the better? What are they going to do for tax revenue as the main thing in the Republican tool kit is tax cuts. How are tax cuts going to help when a large number of people are unemployed and or poor? School of choice? How is that going to help when kids are going to school hungry? Vouchers....same thing.

It's easy to work miracles with money, meaning a tax base of middle class white folks.

Old 06-22-2017, 12:42 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,793,716 times
Welcome bums and vagrants and guess what you get? More bums and vagrants!

Don't feed them, make them sleep under overpasses and they'll leave.

Old 06-22-2017, 12:47 PM

1,700 posts, read 1,045,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Democrats support giving assistance to the poor. And homeless people will naturally flock to liberal cities to take advantage of government programs for the poor.

If you lost your job and became homeless where would you go?

City A.) a city that supports welfare, supports food stamps, supports aid to the poor, and supports free healthcare.

City B.) a city that opposes welfare, opposes food stamps, opposes government aid to the poor, and opposes free healthcare.

Its only natural for homeless people to flock to liberal cities.
The crazy thing is how does the word get around? The homeless population in my nearest major city, Seattle, actually are not from the area. They grey hounded over here from other Western states. Is there like a homeless forum, serious.

Old 06-22-2017, 12:49 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,138,783 times
Quote:

Duh. The homeless people of other parts of the country deliberately migrate to those places because of the social programs. But you can't expect the working population of individual cities to sustain the huge influx of homeless from the entire country all at once. So you see homeless people on the streets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies