Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2017, 11:35 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,852,928 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
This guy lost every remaining bit of respect I had for him.

https://www.google.com/amp/thehill.c...ic-roles%3Famp

Trump:
Huh? You never had any respect for him... and you come in here to try to get people to hate him? Do you think people will fall for that con game? Silly anti-Trumpers...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2017, 12:22 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
This is how his supporters think too. If you believe in the bootstraps rhetoric, you believe that the rich got that way because they are smarter and work harder than the poor.

And if you personally aren't rich, it's because the poor are stealing your hard earned money by buying steak with food stamps.

Entirely consistent with rural Republican philosophy: "Wealth reflects virtue, and the reason we're poor are those damn lazy liberal cityfolk mooching off us and getting our honest, hardworking menfolk hooked on heroin"

"Now comes the part where I relieve you, the little people, of the burden of your failed and useless lives."

*Thunderous applause*

This, exactly.

Old 06-22-2017, 12:25 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,747,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
He's praising the president of Goldman Sachs. You Trump supporters realize that, right? You listened to the speech?

Can any Trump supporters explain why they criticized Hillary for being paid to speak at a GS event and praised Trump for his speech yesterday?
If you accept millions of dollars from corporations to your election campaign or foundation, then bring their people into your cabinet, it's a conflict of interests & it begs the question of who's working for who?

If you don't take millions from the corporations to fund your campaign or into your foundation, then it's not a conflict of interests & it makes good sense to bring the smartest, most successful people into your cabinet, because they're working for you, not the other way around. I thought Trump explained that pretty well last night.

Old 06-22-2017, 12:28 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,747,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
I'll provide a few relevant similarities.

Do you trust your daily driven vehicle of choice to a billion dollar industry like GM Toyota Ford or to an obscure Brand of YUGO?

Do you trust your health in the hands of an experienced doctor/surgeon or a fly by night operation down in Mexico? Or in a garage at a formerly licensed surgeons house?

Do you trust a law firm to represent you? Or a criminal justice graduate who just passed the BAR exam?

Do you trust a licensed contractor or the guy in a beat up old pickup truck who's ad in the penny saver to fix your electrical problems, to leaky roof?

Do you trust a 50 dollar prime rib and lobster to a 5 star chef or kid that flipped burgers at McDonalds?

Guess this snowflake mentality of "I'm offended resist Trump" defeats logic and common sense...
Would you trust your financial portfolio to someone who knows nothing about the stock market?

Old 06-22-2017, 12:36 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,454,917 times
I'm sure Hillary would of hired someone poor maybe a homeless person for the job

Old 06-22-2017, 12:40 PM

1,768 posts, read 1,638,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
This guy lost every remaining bit of respect I had for him.

https://www.google.com/amp/thehill.c...ic-roles%3Famp

Trump:

Why would you want a poor person at the helm of government agencies?

On average, the wealthy guy will be smarter than the poor guy...and so he's a better fit to run economic policy.

Old 06-22-2017, 12:44 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,454,917 times
Important to note he was just responding to the idiots criticizing him for hiring a rich guy .
If not for those making those comments he would of never even mentioned it .

People just make it seem like he just says stuff randomly but it was in response to things the liberal media morons say .

Old 06-22-2017, 12:49 PM

1,768 posts, read 1,638,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Important to note he was just responding to the idiots criticizing him for hiring a rich guy .
If not for those making those comments he would of never even mentioned it .

People just make it seem like he just says stuff randomly but it was in response to things the liberal media morons say .

But what he said is right. If I'm hiring a C-level exec or some top manager, I'm hiring the wealthy guy who has some accomplishments than some loser who has done nothing in their career. Because wealth is usually a good indicator of intelligence. There is a reason that the single best predictor of weather someone will graduate from college is their parents' income.

Old 06-22-2017, 12:55 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,793,716 times
For the same reason you don't go to restaurants with skinny cooks.

Old 06-22-2017, 12:56 PM

7,150 posts, read 4,903,640 times
And I don't want an idiot in the Oval Office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies