Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 09:47 AM

25,024 posts, read 27,842,561 times

Advertisements

I want Democrats to keep losing and losing until they finally start to get serious about healthcare reform instead of making bills that are guaranteed to be rejected and stop sucking up to rich donors. The Republicans mastered the new white identity politics while screwing the working stiff in the rear. Democrats can't beat them at that game anymore. Until they get it through their heads that they're only gonna have credibility if they pick people from Middle America for leadership positions, they won't have any credibility. It's time for New York City and San Francisco to retire from political leadership.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2017, 09:53 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,739,852 times
If this is what you believe, then the first two words in your user name make sense. Let's see how successful your boys new healthcare plan will be before you start thumping your chest.

Old 06-22-2017, 09:54 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,419,435 times
It's puzzling.

Professional Dems who have been in the business of campaigning and advising for many years seem to have collectively gone braindead.

Last year Bern showed them how to win. And once they shoved him aside, they proceeded to run the sloppiest, most incompetent campaign in recent memory. Instead of focusing on THE issue every family is most concerned with (the economy) they wallowed around in fringe issues that few are concerned with.

Even in the recent special elections, they persist in pursuing this losing formula.

Old 06-22-2017, 09:55 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,633,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I want Democrats to keep losing and losing until they finally start to get serious about healthcare reform instead of making bills that are guaranteed to be rejected and stop sucking up to rich donors. The Republicans mastered the new white identity politics while screwing the working stiff in the rear. Democrats can't beat them at that game anymore. Until they get it through their heads that they're only gonna have credibility if they pick people from Middle America for leadership positions, they won't have any credibility. It's time for New York City and San Francisco to retire from political leadership.
I agree with your first sentence.

Everything else, I don't agree with. Democrats have been ALL about identity politics, not Republicans, and it's been getting them nowhere.

What exactly was Hillary Clinton campaign's message? Was it about America? Was it about helping families? Getting jobs? Healthcare reform? Education?

Cause...I didn't see any of that. All I saw was "#ImWithHer and #StrongerTogether and Love Trumps Hate and America needs its first woman President.

Okay? But, like, what are you going to do to address the nation's issues?

The issue with many Democrats is that they've lost touch with the common American who don't live in the NYC or San Francisco or DC bubble. Outside of the big cities, being PC really doesn't matter too much. People want jobs, people want to make sure we're safe. People want to get out of wars. People want to be able to afford their healthcare, and making sure they're able to afford for their families.

The Democrats have yet to focus on that stuff at all. It's just more "WE GOTTA RESIST TRUMP AND IMPEACH HIM!" and "RUSSIA!".

Instead of picking these tired old candidates who need to retire who do shady stuff in front of the American people, we need some fresh blood. A Democrat who doesn't care about identity politics, but a democrat who can talk to the common people.

But until that happens, I can't see the Democrats winning anytime soon. Attacking Trump over and over again, while going "Vote for me"...that's not a strategy. It's political suicide.

Old 06-22-2017, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
It's puzzling.

Professional Dems who have been in the business of campaigning and advising for many years seem to have collectively gone braindead.

Last year Bern showed them how to win. And once they shoved him aside, they proceeded to run the sloppiest, most incompetent campaign in recent memory. Instead of focusing on THE issue every family is most concerned with (the economy) they wallowed around in fringe issues that few are concerned with.

Even in the recent special elections, they persist in pursuing this losing formula.
BINGO!

I've never seen so many people behind someone like they were with Bernie (before he sold out to Hillary for 3 houses). But, I remember a year ago or so, even people who weren't into politics took a big following for him. From all ages, old and the younger generation.

Of course, the Dems blew it because the corporate Hillary needed it to be her turn, and had no idea how to run a campaign.

Old 06-22-2017, 10:02 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,730,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
I agree with your first sentence.

Everything else, I don't agree with. Democrats have been ALL about identity politics, not Republicans, and it's been getting them nowhere.

What exactly was Hillary Clinton campaign's message? Was it about America? Was it about helping families? Getting jobs? Healthcare reform? Education?
Maybe you should have watched harder. She brought up all of that. She's devoted her entire life to helping families. But people were so blinded by their irrational hatred for her, they ignored her message.

Quote:
The issue with many Democrats is that they've lost touch with the common American who don't live in the NYC or San Francisco or DC bubble.
If this were true, why did you all elect a NYC, formerly Democratic billionaire who lives in a golden tower? You think he's in touch with the common American? You think his entire cabinet of entitled, elitist Wall Street bankers and billionaires care about the petty inconveniences of the common man? The biggest con artist in the world conned all of you, and is now using his new position to enrich himself and his out of touch billionaire friends.

Yet someone Democrats are the out of touch ones?

Old 06-22-2017, 10:03 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,605,900 times
Quote:
cool.

You want YOUR minority group to run the dems. Well then setup a rural party or group and internally take over the dems just like the Koch family and co horts now run the GOP.

To get started first you need to hear out the various viewpoints, find common ground Primary Dems just like other movements.

As to heathcare i have NO idea what you are talking about the Dems made a great start with ACA, the Rs blocked ALL AMENDMENTS , they stopped Obama from tweaking ACA, they did everything they could to break a perfectly good starting point.

In the end the USA needs full public healthcare insurance for 100% of the public. Not a half measure if the Dems start trying for half measures they will lose my vote and more importantly i would help fund those who would primary them out of office.

Old 06-22-2017, 10:05 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,182,991 times
Quote:
When 'middle American' starts giving more to the federal government than they take, we will revisit. As of now NY, CA, and MA are 3 of 11 states that take back less than they give. Middle America already gets way more votes in the electoral college than they are entitled to have. We are no longer an agrarian society and the electoral college is weighted incorrectly.

And after the appalling speech Trump gave last night regarding his love for rich people and Goldman Sachs, right wingers can hardly lecture about rich donors.

Republicans have mastered gerrymandered districts and playing down and dirty during campaigns. When Dems are willing to sink as low as Trump & Co., they'll do better. But, oh wait, Trump received 3 million less votes didn't he? He knows that is not a 'win' which is why he is so insecure about his legitimacy.

https://www.theatlantic.com/business...takers/361668/

Which States Give the Most to the Federal Government and Which Get the Most? | HowStuffWorks

Old 06-22-2017, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Maybe you should have watched harder. She brought up all of that. She's devoted her entire life to helping families. But people were so blinded by their irrational hatred for her, they ignored her message.

If this were true, why did you all elect a NYC, formerly Democratic billionaire who lives in a golden tower? You think he's in touch with the common American? You think his entire cabinet of entitled, elitist Wall Street bankers and billionaires care about the petty inconveniences of the common man? The biggest con artist in the world conned all of you, and is now using his new position to enrich himself and his out of touch billionaire friends.

Yet someone Democrats are the out of touch ones?
If you really believe this, then this is EXACTLY why she lost.

Irrational hatred is a laughable excuse. That's just as bad as saying "she lost because of sexism".

Old 06-22-2017, 10:07 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,730,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
If you really believe this, then this is EXACTLY why she lost.

Irrational hatred is a laughable excuse. That's just as bad as saying "she lost because of sexism".
Actually it's not. She's been smeared by Republican propaganda for 30 years. People claimed she was so corrupt, yet voted for a man 100 times more corrupt than she is, proving they never really cared about her corruption.

And you never responded to the question of if Dems are so out of touch, why did you elect a billionaire who lives in a golden tower who hates the common man?

Logic, not even once.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies