Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 07:20 PM

18,984 posts, read 9,067,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
No need to flatter yourself. I said the article is long and I only pasted part of it.
While conveniently leaving out the part that goes against your agenda. Disingenuous to say that least, but not unexpected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2017, 07:22 PM

5,661 posts, read 3,520,022 times
Quote:
There could be more accidents due to textng than being high.
That doesnt make it right to drive stoned.

And if stoned people typically drive slow, does that mean there reaction time can be slow too while driving??
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Who is saying it's right to drive stoned.

n.
When people use other forms of impaired driving to lighten or ignore the dangers of driving high

Old 06-22-2017, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
While conveniently leaving out the part that goes against your agenda. Disingenuous to say that least, but not unexpected.
JAMS have you not noticed by now that i dont reply to any of your content to any of your posts.

You come off as a very rude and such of an angry person.
And are mean to almost everyone here.

Old 06-22-2017, 07:40 PM

3,129 posts, read 1,330,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Whereas police can test for blood alcohol level, it is a little more difficult to determine who is driving while stoned - or even what "stoned" is.
If you could only hear yourself.

"We don't know who's smoking, or how that affects them, or if there's even a problem at all. But we should build lots of prisons and destroy lots of lives, just in case."

Old 06-22-2017, 08:43 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,219,689 times
Looks like OP thought this would turn into an anti cannabis circle jerk without accounting for may other factors, including leaving out evidence in their OP that didn't suit their agenda.

Would read again.

Old 06-22-2017, 08:47 PM

Quote:
When people use other forms of impaired driving to lighten or ignore the dangers of driving high
In your own quote, you show that no one is advocating for impaired driving. No one is advocating for ANY type of distracted driving.

Old 06-22-2017, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Looks like OP thought this would turn into an anti cannabis circle jerk without accounting for may other factors, including leaving out evidence in their OP that didn't suit their agenda.

Would read again.
Please take your weird agenda elsewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
In your own quote, you show that no one is advocating for impaired driving. No one is advocating for ANY type of distracted driving.
YOU are turning this into people against each other.

You and one otber poster came on here for tbe sole cause to be mean and cause a stir.

Old 06-22-2017, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Please take your weird agenda elsewhere

YOU are turning this into people against each other.

You and one otber poster came on here for tbe sole cause to be mean and cause a stir.
Sorry, but no, just going by what has been put forth.

Old 06-22-2017, 09:31 PM

25,552 posts, read 17,256,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
If you could only hear yourself.

"We don't know who's smoking, or how that affects them, or if there's even a problem at all. But we should build lots of prisons and destroy lots of lives, just in case."
Another thing stoners do - act all confused as to why they are incarcerated.
If someone has committed a crime which calls for prison time, let them serve the time.

Old 06-22-2017, 09:40 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
You beat me to it.

Would love to go back to the days before we had those so called smartphones. Many times I have seen accidents where it was obvious texting was involved. As a result despite the fact I have not had any points on my driving record in over 30 years, I have watched my insurance premiums rise. I called my insurance company a few years ago and asked them about it and I was told the reason is an increase in accidents. I have no doubt texting is the reason why.

And alcohol should have never been made legal to begin with. I think it's safe to say that texting, talking on the phone, and drinking alcohol have caused more misery on the road than marijuana.
Texting while driving is not a first offense in Fla. It is only a secondary offense--you can only be cited if stopped for something else. The legislature fought to keep it legal for years. The Fla government is insane--literally, and the governor only cares about himself and his own career.

Fla is cell phone heaven. At stoplights, you have to honk to make people go on green, as they are so engrossed in their phones. I HATE it. I keep hoping they will make hand held cells illegal, but that is simply too logical for a state that prides itself on insanity, masked as freedom. Free to kill and maim.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies