Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should women be allowed to legally revoke sexual consent during sex that began consensual?
Yes, women should be allowed to. 102 80.95%
No, once woman consents, the man should be able to keep on going until he's finished 24 19.05%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2017, 05:43 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,547,309 times

Advertisements

There are now 21 people who have voted that a woman has no right to stop sex after starting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2017, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
At what point do men generally assume consent?

The good guys always stop, of course.

But at what point do they think it is unfair for a hoped-for sexual partner to keep going and then call a halt to matters?

Say you're doing dishes together. You kiss her on the neck. She leans back into you and things go from there.

Then somewhere along the line, but not quite at the station, she says stop.

At what point is it still fair?
OMG! At any point! What is your argument for anything different?

Old 06-24-2017, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleinie View Post
No, she agreed to it.
So after it turns violent, which she did not agree to, tough tootie? That IS the case presented in the article.

Old 06-24-2017, 05:47 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,433,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
I can't believe this is still even being discussed, let alone 20 a holes that support non consensual sex.
Really lol. And why does there even need to be a reason to say no.

Old 06-24-2017, 06:21 PM

8,479 posts, read 6,875,465 times
Being medically correct I prefer to call it coitus interruptus.

Old 06-24-2017, 07:38 PM

8,278 posts, read 6,270,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I imagine it could apply to both genders, I can't recall ever hearing of any man revoking consent in the middle of matters, and have no personal experience in the matter, so I'm unable to speak to that.
Really?

I can think of several times off the top of my head that I've personally called a halt, and against the woman's wishes, in fact had I not physically moved (and let forth a steam of profanity) they would have continued, I have no doubt. Which is directly relevant to this discussion, because in my experience the requirement is not in practice in both directions. The fact that it seems rare for men to remove consent does not mean that the presumption is that they are not.

It's not that difficult if you get creative (or just plain stupid) with teeth, unexpected prostate massage or positions leading to 90° or more bends in turgid members is pleasurable (well the other two could be, but not the bend, not the teeth either if they're acting like it's an Oscar Meyer).

Old 06-24-2017, 09:47 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,785,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
OMG! At any point! What is your argument for anything different?
Good grief. Quit smacking your head and read what I wrote.

I'm not arguing that that there should be anything different.

I'm asking at what point do men consider it unfair for women to withdraw consent.

Old 06-24-2017, 09:53 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,785,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
Really?

I can think of several times off the top of my head that I've personally called a halt, and against the woman's wishes, in fact had I not physically moved (and let forth a steam of profanity) they would have continued, I have no doubt. Which is directly relevant to this discussion, because in my experience the requirement is not in practice in both directions. The fact that it seems rare for men to remove consent does not mean that the presumption is that they are not.

It's not that difficult if you get creative (or just plain stupid) with teeth, unexpected prostate massage or positions leading to 90° or more bends in turgid members is pleasurable (well the other two could be, but not the bend, not the teeth either if they're acting like it's an Oscar Meyer).
So if things get uncomfortable or painful, you call a halt to sex altogether?

You don't just switch to another position or give up on the blow job and move on to some other form of sex play?

You just say to hell with it and go do something else?

Old 06-24-2017, 10:06 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,518,637 times
Seriously? Men or women should be able to revoke consent during sex. No one should be forced to continue a sex act they have decided they don't want to participate in for whatever reason.

Old 06-24-2017, 11:02 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,733,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
What would prevent someone from straight up lying to obtain consent then show his or her true colors during the act?
Nothing. Some men have been lying about their true colors for eons now, and I imagine some women have too, although I have no personal experience.

What about the guy who unknowingly brings home a male cross-dresser? They start to make out, things progress to fondling and exploring, and suddenly he notices something, um, unexpected. Is he then obligated to carry through?

As nearly as I can see, approximately 20 people think he is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies