Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2017, 09:32 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times

Advertisements

I'm sure it'll go better than those Bundy freaks with their guns and lack of food and preparation.

I'm sure the hippies will bring granola, water, and plenty of pot.

Old 06-23-2017, 09:47 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Friends went to Iowa to help with the flooding there. He said the Rainbow Family had a chuck wagon set up and was steadily serving bowls of stew, chili, cornbread, ...

He said the Red Cross set up a day to two later, he couldn't really remember because they were passing out wrapped sandwiches that have been purchased at Walmart and nearly everyone kept eating what the Rainbow Family was serving and the Red Cross eventually left.

Do they do this at other disasters?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2017, 10:34 AM

9,882 posts, read 7,212,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I'm sure it'll go better than those Bundy freaks with their guns and lack of food and preparation.

I'm sure the hippies will bring granola, water, and plenty of pot.
I think the Rainbow Family might actually appreciate the marital aids that the Bundy group found so offensive.

Old 06-23-2017, 10:58 AM

2,274 posts, read 1,338,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Ranchers fume as ‘Rainbow Family’ set to camp on federal land in Oregon - Oregon - Capital Press

I do have to wonder...when thousands of hippie stoners take over the refuge, will they be treated the same as a handful of ranchers were when they did so? Will they be demonized by the left wing press, murdered by law enforcement and prosecuted in the same manner that the Bundy supporters were? Or, because they are a bunch of ignorant hippies instead of ranchers trying to make a living...will they be treated differently?

And...can we expect the same destruction of the environment that we see when, say, left wing nutjobs trespass and block workers from constructing pipelines?
Are you talking about the asshat that got himself killed by running away from the police and reaching for his gun?

Old 06-23-2017, 11:12 AM

15,531 posts, read 10,501,555 times
I wonder what Theodore Roosevelt would think about all this.

Old 06-23-2017, 11:14 AM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
My wife is there. Im not as....its not my sort of thing, and I am currently working both my regular job, and a part time contract job-about 60 hours a week. She is part of the initial setup, and will be there for a week or two after its done working as part of the cleanup crew. The rainbow family group takes cleanup very seriously.

Theres no need for a permit as anyone is allowed to camp in national forests for a limited amount of time, and thats what they do.

There simply is no comparison between them and the loons who occupied. These folks are camping, and for a short period of time. IE they are using the national forest for recreation. They arent taking it over. They arent protesting, and weapons are not allowed.

Old 06-23-2017, 12:25 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
I don't consider a militia occupying a space, with intent to do so for years, to really be the same thing as some hippies gathering to sing and dance and do drug (allegedly...) for, what, a couple weeks tops?

Don't get me wrong, they should be asked to sign a permit and they should have to sign it. But to suggest there is no difference is pretty dishonest.
Ahhhh, a voice of reason.

Now back to whatever the OP was rambling on about.

Old 06-23-2017, 12:32 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,110,408 times
Quote:
Ranchers fume as ‘Rainbow Family’ set to camp on federal land in Oregon - Oregon - Capital Press

I do have to wonder...when thousands of hippie stoners take over the refuge, will they be treated the same as a handful of ranchers were when they did so?
Will the "hippie stoners" be armed to the teeth with rifles like the crazy milita guys were? No?

Well then I doubt they'll be shot by law enforcement.

Old 06-23-2017, 12:32 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:

I do have to wonder...when thousands of hippie stoners take over the refuge, will they be treated the same as a handful of ranchers were when they did so? Will they be demonized by the left wing press, murdered by law enforcement and prosecuted in the same manner that the Bundy supporters were? Or, because they are a bunch of ignorant hippies instead of ranchers trying to make a living...will they be treated differently?

And...can we expect the same destruction of the environment that we see when, say, left wing nutjobs trespass and block workers from constructing pipelines?
Let's take a look at how Bundy & Co. left the refuge:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...litia-standoff

So, OP, you were saying...?

Old 06-23-2017, 12:40 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Let's take a look at how Bundy & Co. left the refuge:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...litia-standoff

So, OP, you were saying...?

A hole in a piece of sheetrock...vs that? Really?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies