Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2017, 05:22 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,896,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Vladimir Putin gave direct instructions to help elect Trump, report says - CBS News

Absolutely mind blowing to me that not only did Putin personally direct this operation, but that Republicans are perfectly ok with it.

This was without a doubt a Russian coup of the U.S.
Now why would they be ok with that and why would the Russians/Putin want that, and That folks, is why we have a special prosecutor. Enjoy he show, doubt many will enjoy the finale.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2017, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Option 2, obviously.
How many VOTES did the Russians actually cast for Trump?
Answer: ZERO..... the same number of electoral votes gotten by Hillary in the states she took for granted...PA, MI, WI, etc.
Probably true so long as one does not think....... now if you Do Think you realize that with enough "dirt" exposed it could have some affect, I am positive you believe that it could not happen.
Guess what you may very well be right, it is doubtful that their games had that much of an impact, Hillary was simply not all that well liked for a lot of reasons, her actual support was minimal at best, yet she did win the popular vote.
The sad thing is with all the evidence of Russian Interference in our elections we keep ignoring the more serious threat, and was even mentioned in the Sessions deposition, that Russia is trying to hack into our power grid. Does that not set off alarm bells with you, is there any friendly reason to do that, or have you, like so many others, stopped actually thinking? Good Grief we have fallen as a People...............

Old 06-23-2017, 05:36 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,206,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
I think i'd take your concern of Russian "meddling" and "attacking the sovereignty of a fair and balanced election" *if* Democrats and the extreme fringe left wing at the very least ALSO addressed the corruption, lying and misinformation pertaining to their own party that was exposed in the alleged Russian meddling.

You talk about having your home broken into, not reporting it to the police, and then shrugging it off? But what about when someone in your own home steals your things? And then falsifies a police report about it claiming that it was someone else outside of your home?

Is that a crime?

Should that be investigated?

Shouldn't certain security and integrity measures be put into place to prevent that from occurring again too?

When are the Democrats going to look inward, come clean and address that?

I would also agree with your point entirely IF we had any confirmation, that the "Russian interference" had any measurable impact on the election. But it did nothing, nada, ziltch. You're pretending to be upset and angry over nothing other than the principle of the matter.

First you attack the voters who didn't vote for you...

Then you attack the Electoral college for not tilting in your favor...and proceed to claim that the "popular vote is what REALLY counts" despite the fact that we've been doing this for what 250 years? Isn't that an attack on the sanctity, and integrity of our nation's electoral process???

When does it STOP?

And let's be honest...this is a just a disguised argument to delegitimize Trump's election victory over Clinton. Otherwise, you'd address the "interference" concurrently with the uncovered corruption within the Democratic Party as well.

My question remains...

let's say we do uncover Russians WANTED Trump to win, and therefore they attempted to assist him in doing so....Trump is still elected fair and square...NOW WHAT?

Do you want to go to war over it?
Sorry, but I totally disagree with most of what you have posted and do not understand what your point is regarding corruption and Dems, etc. I don't think you even read my post, as your response appears to be made up of standard Trump talking points.

The Russians, under orders by their dear leader, broke into our voting systems to check them out and see what damage they might actually do.

It doesn't really matter who they wanted to win. It matters that they have invaded our 'supposed' democracy. If it's ok with you, maybe you should try living in Russia, where everyone's privacy is regularly invaded.

I am not talking about "voters who didn't vote for me" (I wasn't running) or Clinton. I don't care.

You guys are so defensive and self-absorbed and so into worshipping Trump, you can't see past your own self-centered interests to the country. Remember the country? How is a president who keeps claiming he will make america great, ad nauseum, going to do that if he doesn't care about a foreign criminal sticking his nose in to our country's business?

The interference forensic evidence is highly classified, so sorry you can't read it. If you could, it would not be classified and you would be accusing someone of 'leaking' classified information.

The electoral college? What are you talking about? I don't think you read my post, and if I didn't know better, I would swear you sound like a Trump employee. This has nothing to do with deligitimizing anyone. Get off the email talking points.

We don't need to go to war over it. The cyberstage is set, the mines are planted. All Donny has to do is pull the trigger. But I don't think he'll cross his patron.

Old 06-23-2017, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Sorry, but I totally disagree with most of what you have posted and do not understand what your point is regarding corruption and Dems, etc. I don't think you even read my post, as your response appears to be made up of standard Trump talking points.

The Russians, under orders by their dear leader, broke into our voting systems to check them out and see what damage they might actually do.

It doesn't really matter who they wanted to win. It matters that they have invaded our 'supposed' democracy. If it's ok with you, maybe you should try living in Russia, where everyone's privacy is regularly invaded.

I am not talking about "voters who didn't vote for me" (I wasn't running) or Clinton. I don't care.

You guys are so defensive and self-absorbed and so into worshipping Trump, you can't see past your own self-centered interests to the country. Remember the country? How is a president who keeps claiming he will make america great, ad nauseum, going to do that if he doesn't care about a foreign criminal sticking his nose in to our country's business?

The interference forensic evidence is highly classified, so sorry you can't read it. If you could, it would not be classified and you would be accusing someone of 'leaking' classified information.

The electoral college? What are you talking about? I don't think you read my post, and if I didn't know better, I would swear you sound like a Trump employee. This has nothing to do with deligitimizing anyone. Get off the email talking points.

We don't need to go to war over it. The cyberstage is set, the mines are planted. All Donny has to do is pull the trigger. But I don't think he'll cross his patron.
Agreed 99%, except on the final point, even Putin makes mistakes, no one knows how far this can go, yet, have you taken a close look at who in in the Oval Office, a really close look, anything is possible............

Old 06-23-2017, 05:42 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,599,981 times
That's why Trump won't say a bad word about the Russians. They got Trump elected. We need a do over. Not in the constitution? Put it in.ASAP.

Old 06-23-2017, 05:42 PM

1,663 posts, read 869,968 times
There simply could not have been any Russian interference in the election, since Obama told Putin two months earlier to "cut it out". Case closed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_u_yUF8Ke8

Old 06-23-2017, 05:50 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,484,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
No surprise here, Donald Trump is not a legitimate President. US's intelligence is leap years behind Russia's intelligence. US intelligence's favorite response is, "there is no evidence." "sheesh*
It really took brilliant Russian intelligence to sucker Podesta/and his IT expert into falling for a phishing scheme that gave nefarious outsiders his email.

Old 06-23-2017, 05:56 PM

20,269 posts, read 37,027,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dozerbear View Post
There simply could not have been any Russian interference in the election, since Obama told Putin two months earlier to "cut it out". Case closed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_u_yUF8Ke8
Agree

I will also add the following: lets imagine that the Russians were meddling in the elections. If that's the case, then Russians were doing that prior and during the elections under the watch of the Obama administration. So, the ones who should be under investigation are the officials of the Obama administration for allowing a foreign power to meddle in the elections.

Old 06-23-2017, 06:26 PM

3,992 posts, read 2,448,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
right, open seats for congress being competitive, how unusual.

but by all means keep telling yourself that in losing you democrats are making gains in congress. that will go over big at the comedy club.

do you even understand why these specific districts were chosen or do you think every congressional district is the same??...I'm gonna bet I know the answer here

Old 06-23-2017, 11:59 PM

37,937 posts, read 17,796,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Vladimir Putin gave direct instructions to help elect Trump, report says - CBS News

Absolutely mind blowing to me that not only did Putin personally direct this operation, but that Republicans are perfectly ok with it.

This was without a doubt a Russian coup of the U.S.
from the article that YOU linked

Determining whether that is true is part of the ongoing investigations. CBS News has confirmed that congressional investigators are looking into whether Trump campaign associates obtained information from hacked voter databases during the election.

So far there is no evidence of that, but it is a sign that the congressional investigations are expanding.

yawn

Last edited by Loveshiscountry; 06-24-2017 at 12:11 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies