Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2017, 01:53 PM

3,992 posts, read 2,458,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Actually, you couldn't be more wrong...you obviously have no idea of what you are talking about. I worked on Wall St for many years and while I never met or had dealings with Donald Trump many of my colleagues did. He loves the limelight and isn't the least bit bashful about enjoying the good life or flaunting his wealth, no doubt. But according to people I know who have worked with Trump, he's also a brilliant businessman, very shrewd, very talented at getting the best out of the people around him.

Now if only Democrats would stop lying about Trump, maybe we could get this country going again.
well you must have talked to the only guys on Wall St I didn't. Maybe he's those things when it comes to real estate development, but that's a far cry from running the free world, something anyone with half a brain and slight objectivity can attest to.

Old 06-23-2017, 01:57 PM

2,053 posts, read 1,527,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
Anyone who has lived in the NYC area, or lives where has put down a footprint, knows what a clown he is. Tabloid fodder. Playboy going through a litany of babes, according to the enquirer at the supermarket checkout.

As Romney said, and is well known to those of us who have been close to Donald, he is a clown, a fraud, a charlatan, a pretend mobster and a scamster. Nothing we have seen thus far from him as leader of the free world has detracted from any of these characterizations.

What is amazing is that he tries things on the world stage like suggesting he has tapes, which affected the way in which Justice conducted their investigation of him. Quite stupidly, he intentionally obstructed justice while thinking he was being cute and clever. Even after Comey put the truth out there, ahead of the Donald, he still stuck to his story that there might be tapes, or there might not be tapes. If there were, they would have confirmed what Comey said, so why play that card?

The only thing that is going to take this clown down is himself. We just need to step back and let him self destruct. Read this morning's article in the Washington Post about the toll his little games are taking on his physical and mental health. He is almost fried....from within.
Quote:
Actually, you couldn't be more wrong...you obviously have no idea of what you are talking about. I worked on Wall St for many years and while I never met or had dealings with Donald Trump many of my colleagues did. He loves the limelight and isn't the least bit bashful about enjoying the good life or flaunting his wealth, no doubt. But according to people I know who have worked with Trump, he's also a brilliant businessman, very shrewd, very talented at getting the best out of the people around him.

Now if only Democrats would stop lying about Trump, maybe we could get this country going again.
Funny, I have heard the same thing that Ted Bear talks about from people who should know- people in the real estate business, for example. They say that he is not as rich as he claims to be nor is he a brilliant businessman.

Can you point out some names from the NY real estate world or business world that endorsed his political campaign? If he is/was such a great businessman, people in the field should be lining up to sing his praises.

Old 06-23-2017, 02:08 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,329,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Tarabotti View Post
Funny, I have heard the same thing that Ted Bear talks about from people who should know- people in the real estate business, for example. They say that he is not as rich as he claims to be nor is he a brilliant businessman.

Can you point out some names from the NY real estate world or business world that endorsed his political campaign? If he is/was such a great businessman, people in the field should be lining up to sing his praises.
You aren't serious are you? NYC isn't is crazy blue as SF but it's solidly liberal and they are all Hillary. And she has Wall Street sewn up. I love all you Wall Street bashers loving on Hillary. Bill Clinton introduced her to every mover and shaker on Wall Street. I would see her weekly at one of the biggest brokerage firms all you libs hate. She'd walk through, shake hands, then disappear into a conference with reps from all the other big companies. Everyone knew what was going on...except you silly people.

BTW, Wall Street respects Trump, but they don't like him. He beat too many of them at their own game.

And when it comes to NY real estate, no one is more back-biting and vicious than a wannabe real estate mogul who doesn't have Trump's savvy.

Old 06-23-2017, 02:27 PM

16,278 posts, read 10,414,707 times
I understand the military and law enforcement is GOP dominated. But the way our President has disrespected our Generals, FBI Directors and all of our intelligence agencies I am amazed he has much support from those groups left.

Old 06-23-2017, 02:30 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Talking tRump = Lying weasel

Quote:
That certainly explains his multiple bankruptcies and even more numerous failures.

such as...

And now we've ALL seen him "getting the best out of the people around him" over the past 5+ months

Quote:
pull-EEZ!

The fact is that tRump and the GOP are free to pursue their agenda unfettered. Congress doesn't need one single Dem vote to pass whatever their little hearts desire. And tRump stands ignorantly by, ready to sign whatever they drop in front of his fat face.

So, all this blustering baloney about Dems is as phony as tRump's "secret plan to defeat ISIS in 30 days."

Old 06-23-2017, 02:32 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
Quote:

No doubt he is "very shrewd" but that does not include the topics of ethics, morality or most importantly whether he cares about others.

He jokes about all the bondholders he took for a ride. I think you'd feel differently if you were a bondholder, resident, investor, etc. of his in AC, Trump U or many other ventures.

Being a "good businessman" many times involves lying, cheating and stealing. Being from Wall Street perhaps you need to remember that Madoff was one of the TOP DOGS at the Nasdaq. Or do you need reminders about those great businesspeople at Lehmans or other firms who - without the US Taxpayer - would have probably ALL gone under (or taken much more of a hurting)...

The Wolf of Wall Street was a GREAT business person. Very similar to Trump in a lot of ways.

Even to the most casual of observers, Don is not even doing a "minimum job" of POTUS. Instead of making decisions, he is "farming out" things like war (to "the generals"), which so far has involved deeper involvement, the first shooting down of an enemy plane in 18 years, the killing of many hundreds of civilians by accident (to kill two suspected militants) and much more...

The question at this point is whether we and the world survives this. The idea of letting the Pentagon make all war decisions is so far from our true "civilian controlled military" idea that it's a danger to the Republic. Do you let a hog determine if it should be made into bacon? Look at just two "generals" Petraeus and Flynn - both of them criminals or nearso.

This is why the founders, in their wisdom, told Congress to make such decisions - not a trillion dollar a year cash register like the Pentagon.

I think Americans are getting the idea. 5 GOP Senators already claim they are against the health care debacle they came up with in secret. 2/3 of Americans said they believe Comey over Trump.

I don't expect you to change your mind - some are being enriched by his insider blessings or are somehow so authoritarian that nothing can change their minds...

Unless this proves to be the end of our Republic, History will record him as one of the worst. I would place money on that. I say bottom 1/4 (25%) which would put him somewhere near GW (#34 in the aggregate).

BTW, Obama is #15. Right where I said he would be many years ago - just making the top 1/3rd.

Old 06-23-2017, 02:33 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
I understand the military and law enforcement is GOP dominated. But the way our President has disrespected our Generals, FBI Directors and all of our intelligence agencies I am amazed he has much support from those groups.
Except that Trump hasn't done any of that. He has shown them support. Refreshing change from the treatment they got from the community agitator.

Old 06-23-2017, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
That certainly explains his multiple bankruptcies and even more numerous failures.
Would you be talking about the election of 2016. Ahh I didn't think so.

Old 06-23-2017, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
No doubt he is "very shrewd" but that does not include the topics of ethics, morality or most importantly whether he cares about others.

He jokes about all the bondholders he took for a ride. I think you'd feel differently if you were a bondholder, resident, investor, etc. of his in AC, Trump U or many other ventures.
Yet he and his party wins elections.

Pretty much dismisses your entire argument.

Old 06-23-2017, 02:36 PM

16,278 posts, read 10,414,707 times
The Cult is am amazing animal. They can see no wrong in Donald Trump, it's always someone else's fault.

The good thing is history will not be kind to him. His dismal approval ratings are not going anywhere and will seal his place as one of the worst Presidents ever. School kids will be laughing at us as they wonder how in the world we could have elected such a crazy man. In the years to come he will be looked at like Joe McCarthy, a whack job who had a fleeting moment of power.

I am comforted in this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies