Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2017, 03:08 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
The title of the thread gave the OP away. Most ex-presidents come out and work for their own party after they leave office. For the OP to characterize that very normal occurrence as "desperate" was telling. It's a case of "the lady doth protest too much, methinks."

How can President Obama reentering the political scene be a "failed experiment" when it hasn't even begun yet?
Alright. That's fair.

As for failed experiment...his entire presidency was a failed experiment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2017, 03:44 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BicoastalAnn View Post
But every cause wants a familiar, popular face. Obama is the only contender that I can think of that fits that for Dems so, to me, it made sense. Just like Reagan would make sense to me for conservatives whereas the Bushes and Trump is less of a unifying factor (though very popular to those who support them). Who knows, maybe it will be Trump after he's out of office! Just saying not sure Dems have a better choice at this point.
Obama didn't do squat here in NC where they paraded him and Mooch out numerous times to campaign for Hillary.

She lost because of the message.

If Democrats haven't taken lesson from this, then so be it. They will get flogged again.

Old 06-23-2017, 03:47 PM

2,333 posts, read 1,488,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Obama didn't do squat here in NC where they paraded him and Mooch out numerous times to campaign for Hillary.

If Democrats haven't taken lesson from this, then so be it. They will get flogged again.
But the question is, who else are they gonna pull out? Sanders? No, tried that. Clinton? Yeah right. Gore? No, irrelevant. Clinton pt 1? Yeah right.

Like.. I get your disbelief, but it was their only real option.

Old 06-23-2017, 03:52 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,073,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Alright. That's fair.

As for failed experiment...his entire presidency was a failed experiment.
You know that is a birther meme, right? They always say that electing a black president was a "social experiment that failed." They usually followed that with something like, "so we never have to elect one again." I hope that's not the sentiment you are expressing with your "failed experiment" comment.

Agree with him or not, he is just a politician who held elected office. Would you call any other president a "failed experiment" or just President Obama?

Old 06-23-2017, 03:59 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Quote:
You know that is a birther meme, right? They always say that electing a black president was a "social experiment" that failed. They usually followed that with something like, "so we never have to elect one again." I hope that's not the sentiment you are expressing with your "failed experiment" comment.
Just say it, the "R" word. You know you want to. LOL Too bad that has nothing to do with it.

I voted for Obama in '09. He turned out to be a disastrous President.

Would have voted for him in '12 too had he done what he said he was going to do instead of turning into yet another bought & paid for hack.

Lots of other people who voted for him made that decision too. It's why NC turned red in '12 and much of the rest of the country followed in '14 & '16. Total rejection of Obama. And not because he's 1/2 Black.

Old 06-23-2017, 04:05 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,073,833 times
Quote:
Just say it, the "R" word. You know you want to. LOL Too bad that has nothing to do with it.

I voted for Obama in '09. He turned out to be a disastrous President.

Would have voted for him in '12 too had he done what he said he was going to do instead of turning into yet another bought & paid for hack.

Lots of other people who voted for him made that decision too. It's why NC turned red in '12 and much of the rest of the country followed in '14 & '16. Total rejection of Obama. And not because he's 1/2 Black.
I never bought your claim that you ever voted for Obama, and I still don't, but that's neither here nor there. We can disagree on how effective a president Obama was, but the question I asked Three Wolves concerned his use of the term "failed experiment." Which of course you completely ignored in your response.

Old 06-23-2017, 09:04 PM

2,813 posts, read 2,113,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
...no clue how to run a country. He was an arrogant, elitist idiot. Total lack of humility. Self absorbed, narccasist in the extreme.
Wow...

What current occupant of the White House does this describe to a "T"???

Old 06-23-2017, 09:10 PM

Quote:

Who is "Mooch"?

Michelle Obama? Goodness, I hope not...that would be some hateful crap right there...

Old 06-23-2017, 09:12 PM

Quote:
I never bought your claim that you ever voted for Obama, and I still don't, but that's neither here nor there. We can disagree on how effective a president Obama was, but the question I asked Three Wolves concerned his use of the term "failed experiment." Which of course you completely ignored in your response.
I'm also curious about the "failed experiment" line...

Old 06-23-2017, 09:40 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
Hmm.

Under Obama, the Democrat party was destroyed. They lost the US House, the US Senate, the Presidency (and Bill Clinton's wife was supposed to be a sure thing), most of the Governor's houses and 68 of the 98 partisan state chambers. And they have lost every special election since Nov 8th. Devastating.

Yet what do they do? They are going to have Obama campaign for them some more. Insanity?

I fully endorse this position.

Barack Obama Plans Return to Campaign Trail to Save Democrats
I miss Obama. I miss his intelligence, grace and finesse. He was demonized by the right yet he took the high road and brushed it off. This is what a leader does. And here we have Trump who goes on twitter rampage when anyone goes against him. That's not leadership.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies