Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2017, 05:41 PM

487 posts, read 545,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Sean Hannity?....now there is a real paragon of honesty.
Yes, Sean Hannity. He has been talking about this for months. It is all turning out to be true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2017, 05:41 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,801,130 times
And Trump's story is to never admit he was wrong, never to admit the Russians did anything, and yet the GOP believe him.

Old 06-27-2017, 05:47 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,445,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Lol..shock and horror--TV news is in it for the ratings!!!

Now for some more news..sky is blue..this just in!

Seriously, anyone who watches any of the cable news stuff..Fox, CNN, MSNBC--for their primary news source is getting a slanted picture. The News Hour on PBS is the only MSM I give any credence to at all.

CBS can be the best of a bad lot..but they've gone downhill as well.

I get my news off the wire..Reuters, AP, BBC--and still, I fact-check constantly.

Old 06-27-2017, 05:51 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
And Trump's story is to never admit he was wrong, never to admit the Russians did anything, and yet the GOP believe him.
Gee whiz, I thought this was about CNN. Its never about anything but Trump. Oh goody.

Old 06-27-2017, 05:58 PM

2,768 posts, read 1,583,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
Lol..shock and horror--TV news is in it for the ratings!!!

Now for some more news..sky is blue..this just in!
It is not shocking as in a surprise. Of course we all know that CNN is apparently pathologically unable to be objective.

However, it is shocking that any news organization stoops to such depths for ratings. How is it that the objective reporting of the news is insufficient to achieve ratings? That is on the public, I am afraid!

Quote:
Seriously, anyone who watches any of the cable news stuff..Fox, CNN, MSNBC--for their primary news source is getting a slanted picture. The News Hour on PBS is the only MSM I give any credence to at all.
I think it is foolish to give any credence to PBS.

Quote:
CBS can be the best of a bad lot..but they've gone downhill as well.

I get my news off the wire..Reuters, AP, BBC--and still, I fact-check constantly.
If you really want to be informed, you must do two things (IMO):

1. Understand our history and the system of government created by our Constitution, and

2. Read the primary sources for news, such as the Federal Register, congressional documents, agency annual reports, administrative reports, and other documents.

Otherwise, you are basically reading/listening to partisan subjective opinions rather than news.

Old 06-27-2017, 06:01 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,286,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
Did you completely miss the OP?

Old 06-27-2017, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post
It is not shocking as in a surprise. Of course we all know that CNN is apparently pathologically unable to be objective.

However, it is shocking that any news organization stoops to such depths for ratings. How is it that the objective reporting of the news is insufficient to achieve ratings? That is on the public, I am afraid!

I think it is foolish to give any credence to PBS.

If you really want to be informed, you must do two things (IMO):

1. Understand our history and the system of government created by our Constitution, and

2. Read the primary sources for news, such as the Federal Register, congressional documents, agency annual reports, administrative reports, and other documents.

Otherwise, you are basically reading/listening to partisan subjective opinions rather than news.
Disagree about PBS..but I do understand...Conservatives hate the News Hour and Washington Week..not sure I see why..but I'm a moderate Independent..so I might not hear the dog whistle

Understanding our system of Gov. is important..to have a base of knowledge..not sure what it has to do with being informed?

Prime Source data is golden...and any serious effort has to include a lot of wading though such stuff.

But the world is a big place...and knowing what is happening..is important. Sometimes, especially in non political events--MSM gets the event that happened right. That's all I ask..commentary, color, slant, viewpoint--I just do not care.

As an aside though...in political matters..what do you do when a participant out and out lies? I mean a factual lie..not just a campaign promise...that everyone with a brain knows is hot air? Report the lie with a straight face? Call them on it? The news should be about the truth. Simple as that. Speculation should be limited to editorial programming.
A lie is a lie..no matter who is guilty of lying. Liars should not lead our nation--that's a reflection of MY values. Thus, I voted for a 3rd party candidate--obviously.

Old 06-27-2017, 06:16 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Quote:
...As an aside though...in political matters..what do you do when a participant out and out lies? I mean a factual lie..not just a campaign promise...that everyone with a brain knows is hot air? Report the lie with a straight face? Call them on it? ...
Apparently you give her the debate questions in advance.

Old 06-27-2017, 06:19 PM

3,929 posts, read 2,954,604 times
Quote:

I cannot rep you again...so here it is.

Old 06-27-2017, 06:28 PM

Quote:
*yawn* Just can't help yourself, right?

There is plenty of lying to go around..if you cannot see that..then why are you concerned about fair reporting?

Or are you?

Truly fair reporting favors no one side...and an unbiased eye can find much wrong with either party...and the cynical manipulations and deliberate prevarications of the Trump White House are nothing to be proud of. Neither was the Democratic 'realpolitik' during the election to anyone's credit.

Both parties shamelessly pander to the press...or at least to those segments of the press that they feel give them a favorable platform to spin from.

..and the band played on
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies