Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2017, 09:21 PM

3,564 posts, read 1,922,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
I'd call that post the fail.
Six pages of Left vs Right bickering. I'm sure the OP considers that a win
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2017, 09:25 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,439,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Are you unaware of design patents? They're commonly used in the fashion industry, particularly for things like shoes and jewelry.

Fabric patterns are covered under copyright law, as was settled 87 years ago.
Yes I am unaware as there are constantly fashion knock offs.

I see you didn't site any law.

But whatever the courts will settle it.

Old 06-24-2017, 09:40 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Yes I am unaware as there are constantly fashion knock offs.

I see you didn't site any law.

But whatever the courts will settle it.
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/35/271

And the word you're looking for is cite.

And yes, the courts will sort it out. Their latest effort in sorting it out is telling Ivanka that it doesn't matter how special she thinks she is, she still has to give a deposition.

Old 06-24-2017, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
You might recall her shoe line was slapped with a trademark lawsuit by Italian luxury brand Aquazzura back in June for allegedly copying its designs.
Not the point. Please quote the law.

Old 06-24-2017, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/35/271

And the word you're looking for is cite.

And yes, the courts will sort it out. Their latest effort in sorting it out is telling Ivanka that it doesn't matter how special she thinks she is, she still has to give a deposition.
yes you are correct with cite.

Thanks for being petty.

Old 06-24-2017, 11:07 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
A small point, but this Italian company had accused Ivanka Trump of copying a design before and Ivanka's company pulled the shoe in question. to me this demonstrates a previous inclination to copy & hope they don't get caught.

Old 06-24-2017, 11:26 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,746,928 times
I don't care about the shoes one way or the other. No matter who designed them, they are ugly and clearly torture devices for totally innocent feet.

What I think is bizarre is that the OP has apparently concluded that an Italian shoe company is controlled by American leftists. Personally, I would love to see the chain of reasoning, step by step, that underlies this conclusion. Because I am sure it is fascinating.

Old 06-24-2017, 11:35 PM

8,665 posts, read 5,846,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Lefties...........Italians, no difference. Anyone who would dare sue them is horrible, according to Trumpees.

So, what is the big deal ? Her Papa gets sued all the time, and has for years. It is simply "Being a smart business person !"

The acorn didn't fall too far from the tree, did it ?

Yeah, he's so smart that's why he ends up losing so many lawsuits, the latest was his bogus Trump University and he had to pay $25 million to those he defrauded!

I hope miss greedy-guts has to pay through the nose!

Old 06-24-2017, 11:39 PM

8,665 posts, read 5,846,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
To be specific they are suing her over copying their designs. Being Ivanka doesn't make you immune to that sort of thing.

Heres a link with pictures that demonstrates that yes, they have a case, and its justified.

Shame on OP for:
1. not providing a link
2. attempting to defend this obvious case

Ivanka Trump Responds Predictably To Aquazzura's Shoe-Copying Lawsuit | HuffPost

It's absolutely justified, the photos prove their case! So Ivanka is a thief and a liar just like Daddy, no surprise, they are nothing more than a mob family, just nowhere near as smart!

Old 06-25-2017, 01:32 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,522,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Yeah, he's so smart that's why he ends up losing so many lawsuits, the latest was his bogus Trump University and he had to pay $25 million to those he defrauded!
^^^^^ Some might say it is a distinction without a difference, but the above ^^^^^ shows how poorly you pay attention to details. He didn't lose at trial. He didn't have a judgement decided against him for $25 million, or any other amount. He SETTLED (paid) BEFORE the lawsuit could go to trial.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies