Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2017, 08:26 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,018,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southeasttexas View Post
With literally 10,000 womens shoe designs, its more than inevitable some will look the same. You can easily verify this at any shoe store. NO, the Trumps get sued each and every day by enemies. BTW, I purposely did not include the link.

Shame on you.
Probably because the link has multiple instances of pretty much exact copies of the Italian shoemakers designs.

Trump is also working with someone who lost a $5 million case similar to this one a few years ago.

The Italian shoemaker can easily win this one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2017, 08:30 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southeasttexas View Post
The lefties can't beat the Trumps, so they are suing them for anything and everything. I think 10 year old Barron left a small toy somewhere at sometime. I guess the DNC will sic some lawyer and sue Barron for a Trillion dollars next. Pathetic.
Shame on you for failing to tell the truth about your own thread and instead trying to blame it on the 'lefties".

Posts like this are why we are more divided than ever.

Old 06-25-2017, 10:14 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
YOU wanna wear those horrible shoes???

Oh please, post pictures!!!!

So, the word anything, is now specific......

Old 06-25-2017, 10:15 AM

6,542 posts, read 4,094,955 times
There seem to be two types of Trump voters. There are the ones who are just frustrated with elitism in Washington; they recognize that Trump isn't perfect but feel he's what is needed at this time. Rather or not I agree with that sentiment, those are the people who liberals need to work harder at reaching out too.

Then there's the other kind; the kind that starts this thread. It's backed less by ideology and more by some nihilistic hatred of liberals. There are no standards.

I mean, really. "Leftists are seeing Ivanka over shoes?" It's a private company who is defending their private property. We can't just dismiss this as "it's just a shoe" because where else do we hold that standard? If Adidas changed their logo to look like the Nike logo, but it was a bit longer and faced the other way, would people say "it's just a logo?" No. Because that's insane. Someone working at that Italian company put their energy into designing those shoes. They have the right to be upset when a well known brand copies the shoes.

But that's the probably with "the other kind" of Trump voter. Anything anti-Trump is probably the fault of liberals and they will lie and double down on lies to justify such nonsense.

Old 06-25-2017, 10:18 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
Probably because the link has multiple instances of pretty much exact copies of the Italian shoemakers designs.

Trump is also working with someone who lost a $5 million case similar to this one a few years ago.

The Italian shoemaker can easily win this one.

Depends how specific a patent is. If it is not patented anyone can copy and sell it.
Copyright is much different than patent a design.

I have patent many things, only to have them stolen, because of the lack of the smallest specifics.
Stitching spacing, thread size, sole composition, materials used... They all can be slightly modified from the specific, if there is one, and be manufactured for sale.

Old 06-25-2017, 10:38 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
This happens in the fashion industry. I guess she should find another line of work.

Her excuse that she couldn't sit for a deposition because she's such a busy government official was interesting, though.

Old 06-25-2017, 10:41 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
This happens in the fashion industry. I guess she should find another line of work.

Her excuse that she couldn't sit for a deposition because she's such a busy government official was interesting, though.
Well, she also tried the "I don't know anything you haven't already heard" route. At least that one is probably true.

Old 06-25-2017, 10:52 AM

24,202 posts, read 19,210,098 times
The Italian company is also suing Steve Madden and for all I know, other companies as well. This isn't about some political agenda, esp. because the suit was from a year ago, it's about protecting their commercial interests.

Aquazzura, Steve Madden Head to Court for Copy-Cat Shoes | Footwear News

Old 06-25-2017, 12:00 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
So, the word anything, is now specific......
Shrug. This is a thread about shoes. Really ugly shoes.

Old 06-25-2017, 12:04 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
To be specific they are suing her over copying their designs. Being Ivanka doesn't make you immune to that sort of thing.

Heres a link with pictures that demonstrates that yes, they have a case, and its justified.

Shame on OP for:
1. not providing a link
2. attempting to defend this obvious case

Ivanka Trump Responds Predictably To Aquazzura's Shoe-Copying Lawsuit | HuffPost
You're link is from the Huffington Post. I don't think Ivanka would copy someone else's design. I don't trust anything from the Huffington Post. It's a Left-wing rag.

The two styles are only slightly similar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies