Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2017, 02:37 PM

33,465 posts, read 17,977,932 times

Advertisements

Mexifornia wants to become a part of Mexico.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2017, 02:49 PM

9,842 posts, read 7,585,185 times
See nothing wrong with it. It's a State choosing how they want their money spent. They are not banning per as. People are free to go to these States on their own finances. Probably save the State some money.

Old 06-24-2017, 02:50 PM

17,322 posts, read 9,137,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I don't agree with laws that discriminate against LGBT people.

However, I'm not sure it's a good idea for a state government to discourage people from traveling to another state for political reasons. Kansas, Mississippi, North Carolina, Tennessee, Alabama, Kentucky, South Dakota and Texas are great states. Great people live in all American states.
I don't agree with any discrimination and laws that discriminate against a group of people. That said (and I've said it often) - I'm not surprised to see these "laws that protect religious objection" that are popping up in States. I strongly disagree with these "make an example of them" lawsuits against a Baker or a Florist that chose to not make a Wedding Cake or Wedding Flowers because of their Religious beliefs - they lost their businesses, their livelihood and it was wrong. They were happy to serve any LGBT customers, just chose to not participate in a Wedding that they had a Religious objection to.

Federal Court Upholds Law Allowing Refusal Of Service To LGBT Couples |Daily Caller - 6/23/17

It was almost inevitable that these types of Laws would be put in place when Radicals started deliberately Targeting a Business Establishment that did not support Same Sex Marriage. I don't like it, but I'm not surprised. LGBT Activists would be better served to go after State Laws on the books in many States that allow Housing and Job discrimination against Gay Americans - they don't do that and I wonder why not. I guess it's more fun to shut down a Bakery or a Florist with a big Lawsuit (MONEY) than it is to go after discriminatory Laws on Housing and Employment.

As for the "Travel Ban" ...... it's all Kabuki Theater. One of the Leftist CongressCritters that introduced the "Ban" is on a State visit to Texas right now to support a "protest" to the Sanctuary City Law. There is a California State Board of Equalization (Tax Office) in Houston, TX. You can bet that California State employees travel back and forth from California and Texas. It's all Razzle-Dazzle for the LIV's.

Old 06-24-2017, 03:42 PM

36,858 posts, read 17,224,559 times
So in a show of "morality" the state of California will not spend the money they stole from me at gunpoint to send employees to various other states because of those states' stances on social issues?

Perfectly logical...in the Bizarro World.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies