Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 04:19 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,898,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Won't be long until they start calling to take George Washington off the dollar bill.

Maybe replace him with Obama.
Obama will likely be on a bill at some point, but I seriously doubt the despicable orangutan in the white house right now will ever have his face on a bill.

Last edited by AFP; 06-26-2017 at 05:22 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2017, 04:42 PM

24,411 posts, read 23,070,474 times
Many years ago I was at a county fair near Erie Pa where one of the Dukes Of Hazzard cars was on display. I think Crazy Cooter was also there. The thing was, you had to pay admission to go look at it. Uhhhh...no. I was more interested in seeing the engine but figured it probably wasn't anything special since they had many of those cars. Anyway, a muscle car in orange is kind of cool, but I'm not into muscle cars. The rebel flag.... meh. It's not hurting anybody but I wouldn't deface a car I owned with one.
The Blues Mobile would eat the General Lee up and spit it out.
So what was the big deal again?

Old 06-26-2017, 08:25 PM

3,366 posts, read 1,606,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
The Blues Mobile would eat the General Lee up and spit it out.
What fresh nonsense is this?

Old 06-27-2017, 12:51 AM

15,531 posts, read 10,504,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo302 View Post
What fresh nonsense is this?
Sounds like Icy is itching for a race, lol. It would be kinda cool, the bluesmobile vs the general, I'd watch. If I remember right, Ellwood's car was also a Dodge.

Old 06-27-2017, 01:05 AM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
Obama will likely be on a bill at some point, but I seriously doubt the despicable orangutan in the white house right now will ever have his face on a bill.
Another example of an "open-minded" and "tolerant" leftist!

Old 06-27-2017, 08:30 AM

18,160 posts, read 15,632,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Sounds like Icy is itching for a race, lol. It would be kinda cool, the bluesmobile vs the general, I'd watch. If I remember right, Ellwood's car was also a Dodge.

An old Imperial wasn't it? lol, yea I'd watch that race. Setting the course parameters would be fun. Neither model was known for their tight turn handling. Top end insanity and low end tire smoking. The engines were similar twixt the Bluesmobile and the General. Both 440/six pack set ups. The Bluesmobile was an old Highway Patrol interceptor. It would be an interesting race.

Old 06-27-2017, 11:09 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
An old Imperial wasn't it? lol, yea I'd watch that race. Setting the course parameters would be fun. Neither model was known for their tight turn handling. Top end insanity and low end tire smoking. The engines were similar twixt the Bluesmobile and the General. Both 440/six pack set ups. The Bluesmobile was an old Highway Patrol interceptor. It would be an interesting race.

No. It was a Plymouth Fury - Police Interceptor. Factory 410hp, Big Block 440, single 1230 cfm Thermo-bog.

It all depends... What gears are in the Dana 60? 2.92's, or 6.13's
We running 1/8? 1/4? running mile?

Old 06-27-2017, 12:28 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
No. It was a Plymouth Fury - Police Interceptor. Factory 410hp, Big Block 440, single 1230 cfm Thermo-bog.

It all depends... What gears are in the Dana 60? 2.92's, or 6.13's
We running 1/8? 1/4? running mile?
no it was a 1974 dodge monaco

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluesmobile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTOg4aYGtdY

Old 06-27-2017, 01:19 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,445,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
Obama isn't POTUS anymore....So you know..

Old 06-27-2017, 01:25 PM

18,160 posts, read 15,632,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post

Hmmm. And the General Lee is a 69 Charger. Specs say they used the 383 performance package ala the Super Bee. So displacement goes to the Manaco. I had two buddies in HS, one had a 440/6pack Charger and the other had a 383 big aspiration ( I think it was a Holley 850 dbl pumper) carb. Transmissions are the same between the Blues and the Lee and were in the two cars I'm remembering from the Glory Days. The Bee won the race. Straight up drag down main street Potter Valley CA. lol, all just over a half mile of it and we called the race at the bridge just before the school.

Given just a little more time to get into the legs on that Charger the concensus was he would have pulled the Bee. Ahhh, but fun as this is we digress from topic. I'm thinking back to the old TV series and can't bring to mind any racial overtones to either the show or the car. If anything it bagged on rural, White ,southern culture with stereotypes. Characters like Boss Hogg, Sheriff Coltrane, Deputy Enos, The Duke Boys, Uncle Jesse and last but not least Daisy Duke.

Truly I fail to see how modeling a custom car after the car from this show has any racial overtones at all. If anything the show was pretty PC for its time and had messages of "social justice" all through it. (sigh) It seems some folks won't be happy till American culture and history is just totally overwritten. The General Lee was a pop icon of the late 70s and 80s. I even knew a black guy in HS who had posters of the Dukes in his room. Because he loved the car. But color of skin didn't matter. It was a COOL car. Knight Rider who?

This is a classic case of context. The Battle Flag does not symbolize a racist point of view if examined from its proper perspective. Sheesh , folks even put the Gadsden flag in racist overtones these days. Remember that banner? The ORIGINAL national flag of the American Nation. And this incident happened in Canada? Honestly, as I think back through TV shows I watched as a yonger, I remember my Dad just hating all of them because they were filled with social commentary that overshadowed all entertainment value. Even The Dukes of Hazzard.

Truly, anymore if a show or movie doesn't have some social message it doesn't see any consideration. Entertainment is nothing more than a platform for some political/social message. Mostly left slanted but occasionally to the right i.e Red Dawn in the 80s being the best example I can bring to mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies