Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2017, 09:48 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,496,850 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
LOL What an absurd statement. What part of my simple post led you to believe I am for disarming police? hahahahahahaha
It's not about disarming cops.

I have a better idea, why don't you take a course on comprehension. Tell us how that works out.
You first

Quote:
Allowing government to have guns but not the people is part of tyranny.

Federal agents Marshalls/FBI/BATFE are federal employees.
State Troopers are State government employees.
Sheriff's/Game Wardens are County Employees
Local town/city officers are town/city employees.
In NY Park Rangers have more authority than a state police officer.
They ran white Durangos and Impalas with green lettering, they can search your person and car without a warrant.

All carry arms. All are a part of the government. All get paid via the government.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2017, 10:03 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
An interesting comment in another post applies here quite well.
Shame it doesn't apply

Quote:
I can explain it to you again but I can't understand it for you. Enjoy !!!
You didn't comprehend a simple statement and now you're denying the fact you made a mistake. Keep posting, it's food for a laugh!!!

Old 06-25-2017, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
You first

Federal agents Marshalls/FBI/BATFE are federal employees.
State Troopers are State government employees.
Sheriff's/Game Wardens are County Employees
Local town/city officers are town/city employees.
In NY Park Rangers have more authority than a state police officer.
They ran white Durangos and Impalas with green lettering, they can search your person and car without a warrant.

All carry arms. All are a part of the government. All get paid via the government.

One more time in hopes you understand.
"Allowing government to have guns but not the people is part of tyranny." Taking a simple statement, incorrectly applying it and running off at the mouth is no why to get through life.

Show proof I want to disarm anyone, go ahead. I can't wait for another misguided post of yours based on nonsense.

You don't know what you're talking about.
Park Rangers cannot search your car without a warrant unless they have proof that there is evidence in the car that could be destroyed or that a weapon is in the car AND will be used against them.

Old 06-25-2017, 10:06 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,649,302 times
Quote:
Shame it doesn't apply

You didn't comprehend a simple statement and now you're denying the fact you made a mistake. Keep posting, it's food for a laugh!!!
If I can have a positive impact on your life I can live with it. As always the reader will decide.

Old 06-25-2017, 10:09 AM

937 posts, read 699,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Given the threats to their lives by the Leftist mob, I don't blame Republican Congress persons wanting to conceal carry. Some of them have already said publicly they will be carrying.
So now we will have the Republican "mob".

More of a reason someone can make them targets. Gunfight at the ok corral.

Old 06-25-2017, 10:10 AM

Quote:
If I can have a positive impact on your life I can live with it.
lol I can't wait. When do you think that'll happen?

Quote:
As always the reader will decide.
The speaker knows the thought process, the reader may not. Like in your case.

Old 06-25-2017, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by videobruce View Post
So now we will have the Republican "mob".

More of a reason someone can make them targets. Gunfight at the ok corral.
Elections have consequences. Is there an issue here ?

Old 06-25-2017, 10:18 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,626,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Hmm.

I guessing they don't have the Constitutional authority to do so. Have to think about this one a bit.

They have the Constitutional right to carry firearms, just like all US citizens do. The Constitution is not the obstacle. The municipal laws in DC, however, are. As could laws in their home states as well. This would indeed be a "special privilege" granted to members of Congress that gives them and end around such state and local laws. Laws they may very well have supported or even sponsored.

No, if they're going to pass a law like this then Constitutional right to carry needs to become the law of the land. This measure smells to much like aristocratic privilege. It makes a lot of congressional representatives immune from their very own laws enacted to restrict or outright do away with the rights of their constituents. I can't support this measure. So sorry Mo. I am a staunch 2A supporter, firearms owner and user and support CCW as a constitutional right.

But I'm not willing to see any special privilege granted to elected officials circumventing state and municipal laws that deny the people their rights. Instead, sponsor a measure that deals with the unconstitutional nature of those laws, and then we can all have the same right to self defense.

Old 06-25-2017, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
They have the Constitutional right to carry firearms, just like all US citizens do. The Constitution is not the obstacle. The municipal laws in DC, however, are. As could laws in their home states as well. This would indeed be a "special privilege" granted to members of Congress that gives them and end around such state and local laws. Laws they may very well have supported or even sponsored.

No, if they're going to pass a law like this then Constitutional right to carry needs to become the law of the land. This measure smells to much like aristocratic privilege. It makes a lot of congressional representatives immune from their very own laws enacted to restrict or outright do away with the rights of their constituents. I can't support this measure. So sorry Mo. I am a staunch 2A supporter, firearms owner and user and support CCW as a constitutional right.

But I'm not willing to see any special privilege granted to elected officials circumventing state and municipal laws that deny the people their rights. Instead, sponsor a measure that deals with the unconstitutional nature of those laws, and then we can all have the same right to self defense.
Very reasonable position well articulated.

I have never been a fan of congress passing laws for their benefit and excluding the same rights to the people. It smells like a conflict of interest at the least.

Old 06-25-2017, 10:34 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times
Let them hired armed security guards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies