Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2018, 02:03 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,297,448 times

Advertisements

...despite the fact that delivering for Amazon and other mail order businesses helps keep the USPS afloat.

More of Trump’s “us and them” mentality to try to get back at Jeff Bezos.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...=.ca0c1b7b4fbb
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2018, 02:09 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,069,811 times
as if the increased rate would be paid by Bezos himself

President Dunderhead at work

Old 05-18-2018, 02:20 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,595,236 times
The OP seems to be implying That Trump shouldn't be able to use the power of his office, to attack his personal political enemies. I'm sure that his cult members highly approve of such tactics.

Old 05-18-2018, 02:21 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,231,047 times
Trump lashing out because he doesn't understand facts, shocker.

I hope that the Republicans that own stock in Amazon speak up.

Bezos should just say screw it and start his own fleet for Amazon.

Old 05-18-2018, 02:24 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,750,449 times
I don't automatically believe this since it comes from the WaPo, who has a very poor record of accuracy since Trump won. That said, I don't support this move if true. I support ending the taxpayer subsidies for Amazon that give this mega-corporation an unfair advantage over mom & pop businesses. I know Democrats love big corporations and billionaire political influencers, buy I think even they will agree it's not fair for the taxpayers to subsidize one of the most profitable corporations in the country at the expense of small business owners.

Old 05-18-2018, 02:24 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,027,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Bezos should just say screw it and start his own fleet for Amazon.

Its already been done. All my Amazon packages are delivered by Amazon. I can't remember the last time something came USPS, UPS, or FedEx.

https://logistics.amazon.com

Old 05-18-2018, 02:29 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,750,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Its already been done. All my Amazon packages are delivered by Amazon. I can't remember the last time something came USPS, UPS, or FedEx.

https://logistics.amazon.com
This is the Amazon way. Most Amazon drivers are 1099 independent contractors so that Amazon doesn't have to insure, give them benefits or pay any taxes on them. Plus they pay them less than 50% of what UPS drivers earn. Welcome to the future.

Old 05-18-2018, 02:39 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,371,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
The OP seems to be implying That Trump shouldn't be able to use the power of his office, to attack his personal political enemies. I'm sure that his cult members highly approve of such tactics.

You mean like Obama when he used the IRS and the FBI to attack his enemies?

Here is a thought. How about removing this power from the POTUS and letting delivery of all packages go private? Then we could also abolish the IRS.

Lets take care of both of these embarrassing political presidents....wait how silly of me, I meant precedents.

If the Fed needs revenue, then that can simply tax the states and let the states figure out how to collect it.

Lets then move on to the war powers of the POTUS. Lets stop Trump from starting new wars so as not to repeat Libya, Yemen, Ukraine, and Syria and return this power to congress.

Lets work together to limit the power of the Federal government and the POTUS, shall we lefties? or are you just hypocrites biding your time to get you own power hungry jack boots into place?

Old 05-18-2018, 02:42 PM

46,964 posts, read 26,005,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
You mean like Obama when he used the IRS and the FBI to attack his enemies?

Here is a thought. How about removing this power from the POTUS and letting delivery of all packages go private? Then we could also abolish the IRS.

Lets take care of both of these embarrassing political presidents....wait how silly of me, I meant precedents.

If the Fed needs revenue, then that can simply tax the states and let the states figure out how to collect it.

Lets then move on to the war powers of the POTUS. Lets stop Trump from starting new wars so as not to repeat Libya, Yemen, Ukraine, and Syria and return this power to congress.

Lets work together to limit the power of the Federal government and the POTUS, shall we lefties? or are you just hypocrites biding your time to get you own power hungry jack boots into place?
"Deflect! Deflect!"

Old 05-18-2018, 02:44 PM

7,150 posts, read 4,907,598 times
Glorious Leader thinks the Federal government is his private fiefdom. All Hail Caesar!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies