Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2017, 07:40 AM

1,805 posts, read 2,368,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
President Donald Trump privately signed a bill on Thursday that allows states to withhold federal money from organizations that provide abortion services, including Planned Parenthood, a group frequently targeted by Republicans.

The bill, which the usually camera-friendly President signed without any media present, reverses an Obama-era regulation that prohibited states from withholding money from facilities that perform abortions, arguing that many of these facilities also provide other family planning and medical services.

The bulk of federal money Planned Parenthood receives, though, goes toward preventive health care, birth control, pregnancy tests and other women's health services. Federal law prohibits taxpayer dollars from funding abortions and Planned Parenthood says 3% of the services it provides are abortions.
Trump privately signs anti-Planned Parenthood law - CNNPolitics.com

"There's nobody that has more respect for women than I do"

here's some of the times trump says stuff like that via CNN:

1. "I cherish women. I want to help women. I'm going to do things for women that no other candidate will be able to do."

August 9, 2015, on CNN's "State of the Union"

2. "The media is so after me on women. Wow, this is a tough business. Nobody has more respect for women than Donald Trump!"

March 26, 2016, in a tweet

3. "First of all, nobody respects women more than Donald Trump, I'll tell you. Nobody respects women more. My daughter Ivanka always says, 'Daddy, nobody respects women more than you, Daddy, what are they talking about?'"

May 6, 2016, at a rally in Eugene, Oregon

4. "Hillary Clinton just ordered $80 million worth of hit ads on Donald trump -- and it's hit ads on Donald Trump and women. Nobody respects women more than I do."

May 7, 2016, at a rally in Lynden, Washington

5. "She can't talk about me because nobody respects women more than Donald Trump, and I will be better for women by a big factor than Hillary Clinton, who frankly, I don't even think will be good to women."

May 9, 2016, on CNN's "New Day"

6. "I was so furious at that story, because there's nobody that respects women more than I do, Sean, you know that. And I treat women with respect. And I have -- we all have fun. We all have good times."

May 18, 2016 -- responding to a New York Times story during an interview with Fox News anchor Sean Hannity

7. "(Hillary Clinton) said this guy has demonstrated a penchant for sexism. Nobody respects women more than Donald Trump."

Dec. 30, 2015 at a rally on Hilton Head Island, South Carolina

8. "I have more respect for women than Hillary Clinton has. I have more respect than Hillary Clinton, OK? I will take care of this country far better than Hillary."

January 10, 2016, on Fox News Sunday

9. "They say, 'You can't say that because it's sexist.' I say: 'What's sexist about it?' I respect women more than I respect men. ... I have great respect, admiration, and I cherish women."

Sept. 23, 2015, at first referring to criticism of GOP primary candidate Carly Fiorina, during a speech in South Carolina

10. "I have tremendous respect for women, and I am going to protect women. ... (My daughter Ivanka) said, 'Dad, you respect and love women so much, could you talk about it more because people don't really understand how you feel.'"

Oct. 26, 2015, during a "Today" show town hall in New Hampshire

11. "I respect women incredibly. I have had women working for me in positions that they've never worked in terms of construction, in terms of so many different jobs. ... I respect women, I love women, I cherish women. You know, Hillary Clinton said, 'he shouldn't cherish,' well I said, I do cherish, I love women."

Oct 12, 2015, in response to a young woman's question at an event in New Hampshire

12. "A lot of that was done for the purpose of entertainment, there's nobody that has more respect for women than I do."

Old 04-14-2017, 08:23 AM

8,505 posts, read 4,565,672 times
The man who seem to like being the spotlight making a big deal of nearly all his bill signings does this one in private away from cameras. Very cowardly.

Old 04-14-2017, 08:41 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,113,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
The man who seem to like being the spotlight making a big deal of nearly all his bill signings does this one in private away from cameras. Very cowardly.
The cowards are the ones who give into PC pressure, and support killing babies. Go President Trump!

Old 04-14-2017, 08:43 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times
Ask yourself -- why didn't he do a big signing and announcement for this -- because either he is not proud of it or he knows it won't be well received by many.

He's a showman -- when he doesn't do a big show -- we know something is up -- either he's not happy about it, or he is tring to pull a fast one.

He's more a politician than most politicians.

Old 04-14-2017, 08:55 AM

57,311 posts, read 26,228,587 times
Trump helping the women he adores by removing their health services, very convincing. Rather cowardly to sneak this in when his other signings were such spectacles, isn't he proud of his actions or was he forced by the religious right.

Old 04-14-2017, 08:56 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
The cowards are the ones who give into PC pressure, and support killing babies. Go President Trump!
I am both pro-life and support state's right. Trump was a coward here.

Old 04-14-2017, 08:57 AM

2,365 posts, read 2,840,967 times
Good. Preserve native population from going extinct. Liberals lost Europe but we still have some hope with few patriots left in the govt. I am an immigrant & its pathetic to see how the citizens are being mistreated in their own country.

Old 04-14-2017, 09:47 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,942,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
Ok, I have to ask. Why do Republicans such as yourself, love babies so much and think they are so sacred, but as soon as they are born, you throw them out to the cold world and expect the baby and it's family to fend for itself, too bad if it dies along the way?

Last edited by theunbrainwashed; 04-14-2017 at 10:37 AM..

Old 04-14-2017, 09:49 AM

45,585 posts, read 27,203,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Ask yourself -- why didn't he do a big signing and announcement for this -- because either he is not proud of it or he knows it won't be well received by many.

He's a showman -- when he doesn't do a big show -- we know something is up -- either he's not happy about it, or he is tring to pull a fast one.

He's more a politician than most politicians.
He understands the shifting winds of the media and how they would portray this.

He decided not to take the hit.

People will think he is a coward or trying to hide, or both... it's probably the wiser decision to not flaunt this.

By the way - are there any stats that back up PP's spending, since many make the claim that they provide many more services than abortion?

If PP has serving women as their top priority - continue the other services and stop abortions in states that won't pay for it.

Old 04-14-2017, 10:00 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,778,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
He understands the shifting winds of the media and how they would portray this.

He decided not to take the hit.

People will think he is a coward or trying to hide, or both... it's probably the wiser decision to not flaunt this.

By the way - are there any stats that back up PP's spending, since many make the claim that they provide many more services than abortion?

If PP has serving women as their top priority - continue the other services and stop abortions in states that won't pay for it.
97% of PP services are not related to abortion. They are things like routine general care, mammograms, cancer screenings, etc. About 20% of women use PP as their primary care provider.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies