Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 12:06 AM

2,049 posts, read 1,066,989 times

Advertisements

What do you think if you read these words in a school book, what do you think?
Do you think that these words of God or of a military commander encourage his soldiers to fight and cut their necks

Old 06-26-2017, 12:36 AM

6,927 posts, read 6,940,124 times
I think it's way past your bedtime. Go lay down and take some deep breathes and try to think good thoughts. (Late night Internet is not for the faint of heart)

Old 06-26-2017, 12:41 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,661,250 times
Give him a brake. He's trying to share a Obama bedtime story.

Old 06-26-2017, 12:52 AM

6,927 posts, read 6,940,124 times
Nah, it's got to be one of Trump's late night Tweets. They get weirder every evening.

Old 06-26-2017, 01:16 AM

14,735 posts, read 15,048,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahasn sawresho View Post

"I will raise in the hearts of those who disbelieve the terror, and strike on the necks"

What do you think if you read these words in a school book, what do you think?
Do you think that these words of God or of a military commander encourage his soldiers to fight and cut their necks

If I was reading that in a school book I would think they are not the words of any god nor of any military commander. I would think they are the words of Kaa, the python in Rudyard Kipling's book "The Jungle Book". Or I might think it is the voice of Mother Earth speaking through an erupting volcano, an earthquake, a flood, a tornado or a wild fire. Or perhaps the warnings of a deadly plague such as the black death or ebola. The imagination overflows with unlimited possibilities.

In fact, I do know the above phrase is of human origin, it is actually a quote from a particular holy book of a particular religion and I know that there are very similar quotes with similar meanings from other holy books of other completely different religions.

More fact - no god anywhere has ever spoken those words. They are strictly human in origin, coming from humans with murder in their hearts.

Which all just goes to show that a variety of religions and their various terrorist but imaginary, non-existent gods that have all been created by insecure and jealous humans have been trying to control their followers (slaves) by striking fear, fanaticism and murder into their hearts.

And no, they are not encouraging words and they should not encourage soldiers to fight. They should make sensible soldiers have second thoughts and doubts about the mental stability and mission of whoever speaks those words.

I agree with Colorado Rambler, I think you should go to bed, have sweet dreams and do not dwell on such unpleasant things as the fanaticism of religious cults.

Last edited by Zoisite; 06-26-2017 at 01:26 AM..

Old 06-26-2017, 02:34 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,661,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
If I was reading that in a school book I would think they are not the words of any god nor of any military commander. I would think they are the words of Kaa, the python in Rudyard Kipling's book "The Jungle Book". Or I might think it is the voice of Mother Earth speaking through an erupting volcano, an earthquake, a flood, a tornado or a wild fire. Or perhaps the warnings of a deadly plague such as the black death or ebola. The imagination overflows with unlimited possibilities.

In fact, I do know the above phrase is of human origin, it is actually a quote from a particular holy book of a particular religion and I know that there are very similar quotes with similar meanings from other holy books of other completely different religions.

More fact - no god anywhere has ever spoken those words. They are strictly human in origin, coming from humans with murder in their hearts.

Which all just goes to show that a variety of religions and their various terrorist but imaginary, non-existent gods that have all been created by insecure and jealous humans have been trying to control their followers (slaves) by striking fear, fanaticism and murder into their hearts.

And no, they are not encouraging words and they should not encourage soldiers to fight. They should make sensible soldiers have second thoughts and doubts about the mental stability and mission of whoever speaks those words.

I agree with Colorado Rambler, I think you should go to bed, have sweet dreams and do not dwell on such unpleasant things as the fanaticism of religious cults.

Well...........who could sleep after that !!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-26-2017, 02:36 AM

2,049 posts, read 1,066,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post

Thanks for the advice
But I reject that God, and do you also reject him?

Old 06-26-2017, 02:42 AM

19,848 posts, read 12,110,307 times
Why don't you take this to the religion forum.

Old 06-26-2017, 10:30 AM

14,735 posts, read 15,048,498 times
Quote:
Thanks for the advice

How can one reject something that doesn't exist? There are no gods except as figments of human imagination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Why don't you take this to the religion forum.

This is the best advice. This kind of topic should be posted in the religions forum.

Old 06-26-2017, 10:50 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,497,191 times
Quote:
Thanks for the advice
I think he basically said he rejects ALL Gods as they are ALL an invention of man designed to allow for influence (usually of the submissive kind) over others of mankind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies