Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2017, 04:04 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times

Advertisements

What's the difference between the Religious Right and the Islamic fundamentalists?

The book they thump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2017, 04:13 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,039,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
I'll believe that the day the Republican Party moves on from abortion and gay marriage. They haven't, believe me ... I used to be one until May 2016. They just found that bashing Muslims and Hispanics gets even more votes than bashing gays and restricting a woman's ability to make her own choices.

There was an effort to get support for gay marriage into the GOP platform. It didn't even make it past the platform committee.
My only concern is making someone bake cake against their wishes type issues for lot of reasons. Beyond that I can care less, frankly the government should get out of the marriage business across the board.

Old 06-25-2017, 04:23 PM

3,458 posts, read 1,454,665 times
The difference is the religious right don't get a shout out from the liberals constantly. Even though they share the same views on abortion and the LGBT community.

I doubt I'd ever hear a liberal at a women's march saying, "shout out to all my evangelist sistas!"

The difference is the left doesn't go out of their way to promote the religious rights, rights.
They do with the Islamic fundamentalists.

The women's march banned pro life feminists unless they were Muslim. That's the difference I see.

The liberals have turned into a club of Trump haters, they aren't the liberals of the past as we know them. Times have changed. I never thought there would come a day where I'd say this but the right seems more tolerant of differences than the left. Weird I know.

Old 06-25-2017, 04:29 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,301,605 times
Quote:
As far as I am concerned they are one and the same. They just call their God something different. Posters on this forum are always screaming about how Muslims want to impose Sharia law on us, but what about all the Talibangelicals who are always trying to impose their fundamentalist brand of Christianity on us? Posters are always babbling about how the Koran says this or that ... but what about the Christian fundamentalists like Ted Cruz who think that the Bible should dictate government policy?

Goldwater was right. The American Right has been hijacked by Christian fundamentalists.
Are Christians threatening Western civilization with extinction? I didn't know that.

Are Christians committing acts of terror against anyone not Christian? I didn't know that either.

Are Christians working to destroy America by infiltrating whole communities, government, and attempting to seize power in order to establish a theocratic system of government, overthrowing our Constitutional Republic? I don't see that happening.

Are Christians being trained in special training camps into a fighting force in order to conquer and hold territory? Where?

For your information (and you seem to be unaware of our history), our laws were based on English common law, which was based on Biblical principles (our Founders thought much like Ted Cruz). That isn't even close to "Sharia Law," as we still have Liberty. You are free to believe what you want, and our laws (for the most part) are just laws (some could be improved or done away with ...we do have some questionable laws ...mostly created by Leftists trying to force their agenda on the rest of us).

This is an absolutely stupid thread, and reveals the ignorance of its author. You need to learn some history, such as the origins of our Constitution (which was the result of centuries of English history ...you see, our Founders knew their history, unlike most people today).

Old 06-25-2017, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Me too! I couldn't stand the religious right in the '90s, and we still have our fair share of local religious right people in Texas whom I can't stand, but Donald Trump's election was a sign that many Republican voters want to move away from that. This even though I know there are a lot of evangelicals who supported Trump.
True, and now it's the liberals calling Mrs. Trump a ***** for modeling, a gold digger for standing by her husband. It's really strange these days.

Old 06-25-2017, 04:32 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,105,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
I never thought there would come a day where I'd say this but the right seems more tolerant of differences than the left. Weird I know.
Unless your Black, Hispanic, Muslim, Puerto Rican, an immigrant, LGBT, or on Medicaid in which case the Right still hates you and wants to kill you or otherwise put you out of the equation.

Old 06-25-2017, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
What's the difference between the Religious Right and the Islamic fundamentalists?

The book they thump.
I don't "thump" the Bible. I read it. I'm sorry you don't. You might actually learn something. But at least in our country, you're free to remain ignorant, unlike in a Muslim country, where they kill infidels.

Old 06-25-2017, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Are Christians threatening Western civilization with extinction? I didn't know that.

Are Christians committing acts of terror against anyone not Christian? I didn't know that either.

Are Christians working to destroy America by infiltrating whole communities, government, and attempting to seize power in order to establish a theocratic system of government, overthrowing our Constitutional Republic? I don't see that happening.

Are Christians being trained in special training camps into a fighting force in order to conquer and hold territory? Where?

For your information (and you seem to be unaware of our history), our laws were based on English common law, which was based on Biblical principles (our Founders thought much like Ted Cruz). That isn't even close to "Sharia Law," as we still have Liberty. You are free to believe what you want, and our laws (for the most part) are just laws (some could be improved or done away with ...we do have some questionable laws ...mostly created by Leftists trying to force their agenda on the rest of us).

This is an absolutely stupid thread, and reveals the ignorance of its author. You need to learn some history, such as the origins of our Constitution (which was the result of centuries of English history ...you see, our Founders knew their history, unlike most people today).
I thought we were only talking about religious fundies. Not terrorists.
Like not liking gays, or abortion.

Old 06-25-2017, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Who are the violent ones?

Muslims and liberals.
Excellent point! The only ones committing acts of violence in our country today (excluding Muslim terrorists) are the extreme Leftists; i.e., the recent shooting of the Republicans in Virginia ...and, by the way, that shooter was an avid supporter of the Southern Poverty Law Center, and extreme Leftist group that identifies many well known conservatives (individuals and groups) as "hate groups." The Southern Poverty Law Center is funded by George Soros, as is Wikipedia, which cites the SPLC in many of its articles on conservatives like Pamela Geller, Frank Gafney, the Family Research Council, and many others, including some individuals who travel the country giving lectures on our Constitution. So, apparently, the SPLC doesn't think much of our Constitution. I'm sure Dinesh D'Souza is on their list.

Old 06-25-2017, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Unless your Black, Hispanic, Muslim, Puerto Rican, an immigrant, LGBT, or on Medicaid in which case the Right still hates you and wants to kill you or otherwise put you out of the equation.
So a liberal can disagree with Muslim fundies but hang out with them on protests, but a conservative can't do the same?

The Islamic advocacy group released a statement dated June 28, 2000 in response to the ruling: “A procedure in which a child is intentionally killed in the birth canal can only be described as infanticide. It is astounding that the court would allow a doctor to pull a defenseless child from its mother’s womb, pierce its skull and suck out its brain. A society that allows this vicious and inhuman practice would have a difficult time calling itself ‘civilized.'”https://heatst.com/culture-wars/wome...-theyre-muslim

This group marched in the liberal women's march. They also called those marchers in effect uncivilized.

It's only your perception that the right hates blacks, Hispanics, Muslims, Puerto Ricans, LGBT, Immigrants, etc.
Half the republicans in the White House are those who've you listed. Do you really think only White men are Republicans? Come on now.....no way. You really think they don't support some of these groups agenda. You'd be wrong. It's the same, it's just acceptable for liberals and not for conservatives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies