Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2017, 05:41 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,283,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Trump loves insulting people with nicknames, but calling a woman a fraud is ridiculous coming from a man who defrauds people on a regular basis, pays multi-million dollar settlement for defrauding people, ...

How would he like it if people started referring to him as Traitor Trump?

I’ll rotate it in.

It’s an apt moniker.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2017, 05:41 AM

30,349 posts, read 19,122,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
These claims have been going on for many years. Warren is not alone. Take Cher for example who claims to be 1/16th Cherokee on her Mother's side. Would Trump call her Pocahontas also? Having done genealogy for over 40 years, I can tell you that nobody is "pure" anything. Today in 2017 if anyone really cares about this, they can buy a kit from Ancestry, submit their DNA, and see what countries it comes up with.

New Yorker Donald Trump should come down from his Ivory Tower and take a little ride out to the Shinnecock Reservation on LI. There's a Golf Course out there also where he can play a few rounds. The Natives on that Reservation bred with African Americans from the area. Mr. Trump would think his limo driver went in the wrong direction and went up to Harlem instead. Blond Elizabeth Warren? The Natives on that Reservation look Black.

My husband and I both have brown eyes and hair. Our younger daughter has blue eyes and strawberry blond hair. Who's her Daddy? The Milkman? We heard that a lot. Genealogy and how genes plays out. Her Paternal Great-Grandmother was from Sweden. Her Maternal Grandfather was Irish.

From a genealogy perspective Trump's remarks are outright silly.
You're missing the point, Warren claimed she was NA to get a diversity hire at Harvard. Harvard was bragging about their diversity for hiring a Native America (Elizabeth Warren aka Pocahontas)...Pocahontas allowed Harvard to meet their Indian diversity requirement.

I'm part NA but not culturally and I've never claimed that to get some diversity benefit.

Old 11-04-2017, 05:46 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,283,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Hmm. You call Trump immature for name calling. Then in same breath, you insult the mentality of all his supporters.
Both statements are true, Waldo. One does not negate the other.

Old 11-04-2017, 05:47 AM

17,338 posts, read 11,259,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
These claims have been going on for many years. Warren is not alone. Take Cher for example who claims to be 1/16th Cherokee on her Mother's side. Would Trump call her Pocahontas also? Having done genealogy for over 40 years, I can tell you that nobody is "pure" anything. Today in 2017 if anyone really cares about this, they can buy a kit from Ancestry, submit their DNA, and see what countries it comes up with.

New Yorker Donald Trump should come down from his Ivory Tower and take a little ride out to the Shinnecock Reservation on LI. There's a Golf Course out there also where he can play a few rounds. The Natives on that Reservation bred with African Americans from the area. Mr. Trump would think his limo driver went in the wrong direction and went up to Harlem instead. Blond Elizabeth Warren? The Natives on that Reservation look Black.

My husband and I both have brown eyes and hair. Our younger daughter has blue eyes and strawberry blond hair. Who's her Daddy? The Milkman? We heard that a lot. Genealogy and how genes plays out. Her Paternal Great-Grandmother was from Sweden. Her Maternal Grandfather was Irish.

From a genealogy perspective Trump's remarks are outright silly.
What's truly silly is someone thinking or knowing they have 1/16 percent heritage of anything and then bragging about it and using it as some kind of medal of honor or trying to get benefits from it. That's .0625 percent, virtually nothing so why should anyone even care including Cher. People act like having a minuscule amount of Native American heritage somehow makes you a better human being. There are people in Mexico and Central America who have a much larger percentage of Native American and even look Native American and no one gives a rat's behind, yet if a U.S. citizens finds out they have a very tiny amount of Native American ancestry it's suppose to be a huge big deal.
And BTW, the Aztecs were just as much Native American as the Cherokee. Native American means just that, Native to the Americas, not just native to what is now the boundaries of the United State.

Last edited by marino760; 11-04-2017 at 05:58 AM..

Old 11-04-2017, 05:55 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,801,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
I’ll rotate it in.

It’s an apt moniker.
Rotate it in - lmao.

I've talked on other threads about the trump family calling themselves Swedish during and after the war when Germans were looked down on. His grandfather was deported from Germany for dodging the draft. In contrast, there's a good chance Warren is part Native American, being from that part of the country.

My family on both sides came through Ellis Island, but I've been thinking of having my DNA done to see what comes up. Now if that said I was part Native American, someone would have some explaining to do.

Old 11-04-2017, 06:06 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,949,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
What would you say is the maturity level of Elizabeth Warren?
How many tweets has Elizabeth Warren sent bashing women, disabled people, blacks, immigrants, Muslims, etc. . .? How many speeches or comments has Elizabeth Warren made doing the same thing? (Crickets). Trump is nothing but a rich bully, but you will continue to defend him to your dying breath. Why?

Old 11-04-2017, 06:07 AM

11,767 posts, read 5,780,104 times
I stop in once in a while to see if anyone has grown up and just accepted Trump's President - nope - still name calling and picking him a part for being who he is. You fail to realize that he won because people didn't want the status quo - we didn't want another politician who graduated law school and double talks. We didn't want someone who's in the game for themselves and not the American people.

Trump can make all the changes he wants as my 401 is still going up. He's making changes that scare both parties - not because it's going to harm the American people - but it's going to harm the established politicians' own pocketbooks. And all the whining, outrage and protests ate only going to put him back in office in 2020 because you all are more annoying than ever and most people are sick of it.

Old 11-04-2017, 06:17 AM

17,338 posts, read 11,259,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
You're missing the point, Warren claimed she was NA to get a diversity hire at Harvard. Harvard was bragging about their diversity for hiring a Native America (Elizabeth Warren aka Pocahontas)...Pocahontas allowed Harvard to meet their Indian diversity requirement.

I'm part NA but not culturally and I've never claimed that to get some diversity benefit.
There are a lot of people in this world that have a tiny percent of Neanderthal genes as well. I haven't seen anyone bragging about that or trying to get benefits from it.

Old 11-04-2017, 06:18 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,114,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Lying to improve your position shows a slightly higher level BUT not something we should support. And this is the leadership of the country. Lying and name calling. Really? You support this?
We elected President Trump to break furniture and kick some ass in Washington. That's what you still don't comprehend after all these months.
A little jovial name-calling is all part of the fun. BTW, your fake outrage is funny as well.

Old 11-04-2017, 06:21 AM

9,717 posts, read 14,252,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Elizabeth Warren is indeed a loon. And the Dems actually want to make her the 2020 nominee
I kind of disagree.....ALL the elected democrats are loons and crooks. If their fans don't recognize and admit it now, they are lost causes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies