Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 10:17 AM

5,129 posts, read 2,597,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Your post speaks for itself.

It sure does thats exactly the point that the left MSM is crap and wrong. heck I actually check out cnn.com quite a bit just to see how long they are going to peddle this Russia bs and the general hysteria/hyperbole they spew.

Ive never even been to fox/bb sites but it sure wouldnt take much to be more accurate than cnn/msnbc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2017, 10:28 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
Ahh, most people that lobby such a complaint were never big sports fans anyways. You lose some and you gain some. Look at Kaepernick for example. Many (including myself) did not approve of his actions, but yet his jersey is now the 17th largest seller in the league. Not bad for a guy that played for a team that only won 2 games.
He appears to be unemployable in Football - maybe he would do better in a Sports Retail Store.

Old 06-26-2017, 10:28 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Quote:
Exhibit A: "Fake is Real. Real is Fake".

The Trump Cult in full effect.
I don't like to reward laziness, but you should know the media in California, Texas, and other banned states are full of conversation about how the ban can affect sporting events, raising the same issues as Breitbart.

I'm sure the AG will find ways to ensure UCLA, Cal and the others are exempt from the ban.

Old 06-26-2017, 10:52 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,299,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
He appears to be unemployable in Football - maybe he would do better in a Sports Retail Store.
It does appear that way, but I am pretty confident at some point he will get picked up by someone. May not happen until a team that has playoff potential has their QB go down for an extended period of time.

Old 06-26-2017, 10:56 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NekoLogic View Post
If I were those states, I would retaliate against CA and not allow any of state sponsored teams to participate on their soil.
Which is simply bad idea. Say Arizona for a this with ASU and UofA, BOTH schools are Pac-12 schools making it hard to have conference play if Arizona law makers got on their high horse and banned that.

Old 06-26-2017, 10:56 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,338,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
It sure does thats exactly the point that the left MSM is crap and wrong.
The two linked articles were solid journalism and there was nothing remotely "lying" in either. In fact it's bizarre someone would even make such a claim since both articles are dealing with odds-making.

This is why I'm not quite clear if Trump cultists are unable to comprehend what a "lie" is.

Trump saying "Mexicans are rapists and murders" when Mexicans have a lower murder and rape rate than non-Mexican Americans is clearly a lie. Trump saying "I have never met Putin" when there is video of Trump with Putin is clearly a lie. Trump saying "I will defeat ISIS in 30 days" is clearly a lie, or at the least, an unrealized promise (though it's probably a lie; no one honestly thinks Trump had such an intention).

A newspaper saying "Texas has a 41% chance of going Dem" is not a lie under any circumstances, unless the actual stat itself was somehow fabricated without any statistical methodology.

Old 06-26-2017, 10:57 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
That is partially due to that, partially because he didn't do well the last few seasons because of bad systems that didn't work to his strengths and deciding to get elective surgery rather than play out the season in one of those years.

Old 06-26-2017, 10:59 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I don't like to reward laziness, but you should know the media in California, Texas, and other banned states are full of conversation about how the ban can affect sporting events, raising the same issues as Breitbart.

I'm sure the AG will find ways to ensure UCLA, Cal and the others are exempt from the ban.
Leave NOLA alone - the poor thing doesn't understand what a LINK is or how to open it to read the articles in the LA Times, AP, Reuters, Mercury News and every other news site that BB links to. It's a common problem with the Leftists. They don't understand LINKS.

As for how this LAW that California passed about Banning visits to certain States (using State funding or in a State Employee capacity) -- there is already evidence about how it will work.

California's travel ban against anti-LGBT states is keeping athletes from games and students from conferences | LA Times - February 21, 2017

The Cali AG will do a massive Tap Dance to try and "fix" it so that Elite Sports Teams can travel to the banned States - the early chatter is "none of the Athletic Departments have ANY "State Funding" and that is both Un-True and Ludicrous. IF that is the route that the Cali AG wants to take - they they need to put that in their Budget AND give a Directive to University Presidents -- ZERO State Funding to any Athletic Dept.

Athletic Departments get their funding from many sources - BUT the State Funding is the backbone of it all.
A quick search found this ......

Cal State University athletic programs meeting competition, budget challenges |Los Angeles Daily News

Old 06-26-2017, 11:16 AM

20,102 posts, read 9,018,880 times
any exemptions to the ban will be challenged in federal court immediately.

Old 06-26-2017, 11:37 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Quote:
Because Breitbart is 100% propaganda lies.....
They said that Donald Trump would win the election.

How did your source work out for you?

I thought so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies