Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 04:19 PM

4,668 posts, read 3,898,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I dont think Kansas adoptions laws say that.
You're right, I'm not sure what I was thinking of. Both Nebraska and Oklahoma don't allow gays to adopt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2017, 04:22 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,735,123 times
In case you haven't read the TN response, here it is. It's a wonderful response to Xavier Becerra's hateful actions.
-------------------------------------------------
"Whereas, California has passed legislation banning state sponsored travel to Tennessee and certain other states; and

Whereas, the ban stems from legislation enacted by Tennessee that allows counselors to refer patients to other counselors who can better meet their goals, which the California State Legislature has judged to be morally reprehensible; and

Whereas, California's attempt to influence public policy in our state is akin to Tennessee expressing its disapproval of California's exorbitant taxes, spiraling budget deficits, runaway social welfare programs, and rampant illegal immigration; and

Whereas, Tennessee is pleasantly surprised that California will not be sending its economic development teams to Tennessee to recruit our businesses, but we can still send our teams to recruit their businesses; and

Whereas, Tennessee is puzzled why California thinks it is a good idea to prohibit its state colleges and universities from participating in athletic competition in Tennessee (March Madness comes to Memphis this year via the South Regional), Kansas, Mississippi, and North Carolina; and

Whereas, this type of ban, the result of legitimate disagreements about government policy, is neither persuasive nor productive for either party and will lead to economic warfare among states, as one sovereign entity attempts to tell an equally sovereign entity how to conduct its affairs by restricting travel thereto; and

Whereas, the United States Constitution provides for a strong federal government for the common defense, but the Tenth Amendment grants the several states sovereignty in addressing issues solely within their jurisdiction, and all states should respect this most basic precept of American government; and

Whereas, if states such as California persist in banning travel to Tennessee as a punitive action for this body conducting its constitutionally mandated duties as its members see fit, our state leaders should consider strong reciprocal action in banning state sponsored travel to those misguided states; now, therefore,

Tennessee's scathing response to California travel ban: Keep your 'unfounded moral judgment' to yourself | AL.com

Old 06-26-2017, 06:00 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,735,123 times
I'm wondering if Xavier Becerra has banned travel to Iran, Iraq, Saudia Arabia and other countries who actually execute gays and deny women any rights.

Maybe it's on his list.

Old 06-26-2017, 09:43 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Breitbart is way more credible than your MSM.

No need. The bowl games there have long since lost significance. SEC West, Big 10, ACC games are all that matter.

These state bans never work out as planned. I worked for a manufacturer of medical equipment in Colorado for about 9 years and there was a boycott on our state by California. It was a bad idea by fundies to introduce this amendment 2 in the first place, but it got voted on and passed. Well California boycotted our Englewood company as well as the manufacturer in Boulder. Well the only other manufacturers of this equipment in the states was in Irvine California. Well we bought that company out and moved them back to Englewood, now called Centennial, where they actually started in the first place decades ago, as EMS.

These electrosurg manufacturers all started years ago in a Denver area basement and splintered off into three big companies.

Oh there are other competitors, but have since become non-U.S. based companies.

In any case, the ban didn't affect the company I worked for. I remember some product we sold to San Francisco that had labeling and boxes put on it that made it look like it came from Tennessee.

That company no longer deals with electrosurg manufacturing and probably deals mainly in pharmaceuticals now.

Them dorks, your main stream media, don't even know they lost the 2016 Election yet, much less how it happened, Russia Russia Russia.

Russia Russia Russia.

This.
How funny. You'd have thought they would have learned something from this, but apparently not.

California is like some stoner pothead who makes stupid decisions about everything because their judgment is impaired. It's comical to watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Because Breitbart is 100% propaganda lies. If you're posting Breitbart you're posting outrageous, lying nonsense. You might as well post Russian Times, or the KKK Monthly while you're at it.

Breitbart isn't even "media", it's "entertainment". They have been clear that they don't pretend to actually be reporting news. That's how they've escaped endless defamation lawsuits. Even Breitbart admits they aren't "real".

But the same brainwashed posters will tirelessly post Breitbart garbage, while claiming all mainstream media, with actual journalists and real journalistic standards, is "fake" and don't see the irony in their position.
When you don't even do a basic search to check the veracity of a story, yet you keep denouncing it based on your opinion, your posts are 100% propaganda lies.

Old 06-26-2017, 09:49 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,625,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Indeed.

North Carolina repealed HB2, but the California ban remains in place.
HB2 didn't bother me at all. I heard complaints from people who went to the other locations to see the games. It was really dumb of the management to boycott our places in the first place.

California ban doesn't bother me either.

Old 06-26-2017, 10:15 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
As soon as a ban is put in place people are working furiously to find loopholes, new interpretations and special exceptions. This is why I'm rarely in favor of all or nothing policies. When you proclaim "do this OR ELSE" you usually end up looking foolish and eating your words.

Old 06-27-2017, 04:14 AM

89,000 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Typical liberals. They "emote." They don't think logically and rationally. And this impacts more than just NCAA sports, it impacts academic competitions, etc., as well.

Old 06-27-2017, 04:19 AM

5,701 posts, read 3,221,095 times

Old 06-27-2017, 07:13 AM

36,519 posts, read 30,847,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
I'm wondering if Xavier Becerra has banned travel to Iran, Iraq, Saudia Arabia and other countries who actually execute gays and deny women any rights.

Maybe it's on his list.
I'm puzzled as to how one thinks a travel ban on these countries is unconstitutional yet banning travel between states is all good.

Old 06-27-2017, 07:31 AM

36,519 posts, read 30,847,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattks View Post
You're right, I'm not sure what I was thinking of. Both Nebraska and Oklahoma don't allow gays to adopt.
No state has a law that specifically bars gay couples from adopting foster children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies