Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 04:57 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,299,216 times

Advertisements

It's not the criticism itself. It is the vitriol. But I have heard some talk about our early history, and I guess some of it was pretty bad then too. But I think the thing that is most troubling about it today is the violence that is being incited, without any shame. I have not seen anything like this since the 60's.

The reason for it is simple: The Left were in the process (long before Obama) of "fundamentally transforming" the United States (though that was Obama's phrase). It was called "Progressivism." Trump comes along and, recognizing the problems (he's not as dumb as the Left makes him out to be) he says, "We're going to change this. America is being destroyed. We are no longer a "great country." We're going to "Make America Great Again." He says, "We're going to drain the swamp." The "Swamp" is the entrenched "deep state" and career politicians. Trump can't do much about the career politicians on his own. That's up to the voters. But what he can do is tear down the bureaucracy, and that is what he has begun to do. The Left doesn't like it, because that is where their power comes from. They have made slaves out of you and me. A great example of this is the IRS scandal, where conservatives were being unfairly targeted because of their political views. That is a threat to the power of the "liberal establishment." So they colluded to deny or at least delay the approval of their non-profit applications, at a huge cost. The financial cost to fight back was large enough that many just had to tuck tail and go away quietly.

Here's the thing: Trump is fearless. He knows how to fight back. The average Republican fights like the Democrats want to fight ISIS; by being nice. Trump knows that "being nice" does not win wars. And we are in a war. We are in a war for our culture; for the future of America and our children's future. Liberty always has to be fought for, and the war never ends. Republicans haven't fought for many years. Trump has realized this, and he is taking it upon himself. When was the last time any Republican attacked the Liberal Media head on? Not since Reagan. That makes them angry. But because of his use of Twitter, he is able to go around them and say what's on his mind without the filter of the Liberal Media.

Trump is really brilliant. But the Left will never admit that. That's why they must paint him as a buffoon. They're only fooling themselves (but I don't think they are really fooled ...they are trying to fool their base).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2017, 04:59 PM

46,274 posts, read 27,082,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
What dude on my corner? Huh? The pictures are online, with far more reach than if it was in real life "on my corner".
Not my point, but prove it.....

Quote:
Are you asking for a public figure that criticized Obama? Nugent is an easy one, if you need a specific example.
Nugent never threatened the president....ever.....sucking on his shotgun....means his anatomy.....

Quote:
I was talking more along the lines of as unfortunate and sad it is that dissidents of any president do crap like this, it's not un-American.
It's UN-American if your a repub criticizing obama.....it's homophobic, racist, blah, blah, blah....to bad the left and ESPECIALLY the OP cannot see that....if you're a dem....it's all free speech....

Old 06-26-2017, 05:00 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,112,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
It's not the criticism itself. It is the vitriol. But I have heard some talk about our early history, and I guess some of it was pretty bad then too. But I think the thing that is most troubling about it today is the violence that is being incited, without any shame. I have not seen anything like this since the 60's.

The reason for it is simple: The Left were in the process (long before Obama) of "fundamentally transforming" the United States (though that was Obama's phrase). It was called "Progressivism." Trump comes along and, recognizing the problems (he's not as dumb as the Left makes him out to be) he says, "We're going to change this. America is being destroyed. We are no longer a "great country." We're going to "Make America Great Again." He says, "We're going to drain the swamp." The "Swamp" is the entrenched "deep state" and career politicians. Trump can't do much about the career politicians on his own. That's up to the voters. But what he can do is tear down the bureaucracy, and that is what he has begun to do. The Left doesn't like it, because that is where their power comes from. They have made slaves out of you and me. A great example of this is the IRS scandal, where conservatives were being unfairly targeted because of their political views. That is a threat to the power of the "liberal establishment." So they colluded to deny or at least delay the approval of their non-profit applications, at a huge cost. The financial cost to fight back was large enough that many just had to tuck tail and go away quietly.

Here's the thing: Trump is fearless. He knows how to fight back. The average Republican fights like the Democrats want to fight ISIS; by being nice. Trump knows that "being nice" does not win wars. And we are in a war. We are in a war for our culture; for the future of America and our children's future. Liberty always has to be fought for, and the war never ends. Republicans haven't fought for many years. Trump has realized this, and he is taking it upon himself. When was the last time any Republican attacked the Liberal Media head on? Not since Reagan. That makes them angry. But because of his use of Twitter, he is able to go around them and say what's on his mind without the filter of the Liberal Media.

Trump is really brilliant. But the Left will never admit that. That's why they must paint him as a buffoon. They're only fooling themselves (but I don't think they are really fooled ...they are trying to fool their base).
Twitter is one proof that...he doesn't make the wisest decisions, and I will leave it at that.

Old 06-26-2017, 05:02 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,706,185 times
Quote:
Twitter is one proof that...he doesn't make the wisest decisions, and I will leave it at that.
When someone calls Trump brilliant I can't even.

Old 06-26-2017, 05:05 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,112,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Not my point, but prove it.....

Nugent never threatened the president....ever.....sucking on his shotgun....means his anatomy.....

It's UN-American if your a repub criticizing obama.....it's homophobic, racist, blah, blah, blah....to bad the left and ESPECIALLY the OP cannot see that....if you're a dem....it's all free speech....
On YouTube alone, many videos and views available to the whole world. On my corner: me.

So.... Nugent is gay?

I am here, saying both suck. I am not a liberal, leftie, Dem, whatever. It's not in American if we are to value the concept of free speech, no matter if I think it's horrible and wrong people do it.

Old 06-26-2017, 05:19 PM

15,592 posts, read 15,659,624 times
Excellent question. But you're not totally correct. It would be more accurate to say that it became un-American to criticize the government twice in recent times, both times under Republican presidents.

The first time was after 9/11, when there was major bullying from the government, and Bush's press secretary said some disturbingly threatening things.

So now, yes, here's Trump doing it again. As to why - well, his supporters are just mimicking Trump himself. Trump is notoriously thin-skinned and insecure. He probably secretly understands that he's president by a fluke. This is why he keeps lashing out at Obama and Hillary. The funny part is, that he criticizes others incessantly. Either his supporters are just echoing him, or maybe they, too, understand that Trump's presidency is so contemptible that it won't stand up to scrutiny.

Old 06-26-2017, 05:22 PM

Quote:
On YouTube alone, many videos and views available to the whole world. On my corner: me.
You tube does not get the hits that actors/comedians...especially when it's on CNN....

Quote:
So.... Nugent is gay?
Who cares?

Quote:
I am here, saying both suck. I am not a liberal, leftie, Dem, whatever. It's not in American if we are to value the concept of free speech, no matter if I think it's horrible and wrong people do it.
Agreed....but if you cannot see the elite talking crap about trump vs the elite talking about obama (in their respective presidential years) then there is nothing anyone can do for you.

If you're saying that the person on your corner (pick any corner in the United States) who hung obama, received the same air time as kathy or anyone else.....then maybe you need to rethink....

Old 06-26-2017, 05:22 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,806,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Ever since Trump was elected, there have been constant posts in here, full of outrage at American citizens, from politicians, to CEOs, to actors, to professors, to reporters, to Joe off the street because those people have spoken out against Trump and/or his adminstration.
This is how it is whenever a Republican is in office. Remember the Bush years? If you disagreed with the War on Terror, Iraq, or the Patriot Act, you hated America and might as well have supported Osama Bin Laden.

Old 06-26-2017, 05:24 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,363,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Doesn't look very "American" to me.

https://twitter.com/Breaking911/stat...18179391336450

Maybe your definition of what it means to be American is different.

Was Ted Nugent, recent guest at the White House, saying Obama should suck the barrel of his machine gun being 'American'? Does that fit your definition of being 'American'?

Did those who hanged Obama in effigy fit your definition of being 'American'?

Those who called for his assassination?

Old 06-26-2017, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
Excellent question. But you're not totally correct. It would be more accurate to say that it became un-American to criticize the government twice in recent times, both times under Republican presidents.

The first time was after 9/11, when there was major bullying from the government, and Bush's press secretary said some disturbingly threatening things.

So now, yes, here's Trump doing it again. As to why - well, his supporters are just mimicking Trump himself. Trump is notoriously thin-skinned and insecure. He probably secretly understands that he's president by a fluke. This is why he keeps lashing out at Obama and Hillary. The funny part is, that he criticizes others incessantly. Either his supporters are just echoing him, or maybe they, too, understand that Trump's presidency is so contemptible that it won't stand up to scrutiny.

Thanks...needed the good belly busting laugh tonight....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies