Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 11:37 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,361,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfTheWorld View Post
I wish someone with a gun could mow down those pavement apes. They're like 13% of the population and 90% of the violent crime (not just here, but in every country). George Zimmerman should get a Nobel Peace Prize.
No wonder no one will date you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2017, 12:15 AM

11,181 posts, read 10,534,651 times
Hard to tell if this is a Boston v NOLA thing? For sure, folks in urban areas need to be on the lookout. As do folks in rural meth areas. There be dragons.

Quote:
6/12/17 - 10:35 pm, Man knocked to ground, robbed after dinner at restaurant on East Boston waterfront,
http://www.universalhub.com/crime/index.html

Old 06-27-2017, 12:56 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Tennessee Williams said, "There are only three cities in America: New York, San Francisco, and New Orleans. Everywhere else is Cleveland."

And it's true!
Lol...I agree although I'd add Chicago, Kansas City, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, and St Louis.

But none of 'em are like the Big Easy. New Orleans swings. When you watch a funeral procession and it breaks off into a Second Line, maaaaaaaaan is it a site to behold. Gets right down into your soul.

New Orleans is everything really good and terribly bad about America. It's a contrast that I can't get anywhere else in this country. It's wonderful and it's tragic simultaneously. It's the story of America embodied in one city.

I wish more Americans could or would appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinikal View Post
Hope they catch all who were involved. Such a shame. i just left New Orleans. Ironically I stayed on the other side of Canal St. across from the French Quarter. i enjoyed myself immensely. the city is so unique. It gives off a vibe I dont receive from any other city Ive been to in this country thus far.
You can't get it anywhere else. No other city has its intoxicants. The food alone blows every other city away.

And hell, who else has funerals like this:

Last edited by desertdetroiter; 06-27-2017 at 01:05 AM..

Old 06-27-2017, 04:43 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
New Orleans is a fun place but you have to be on guard there more so than probably any other city in the country. Really sad.
Again -- no fun to 'be on guard'.

Too many great places in the world with great restaurants, bars, ambiance without having to put yourself in that mess.

Old 06-27-2017, 05:20 AM

1,132 posts, read 2,124,882 times
Surveillance video released by police late Sunday shows the victims attacked by four black men who beat them, stole their wallets and cell phones, and then fled, according to FOX 8.

One of the victims is seen being punched by one of the assailants from behind, which knocks him out cold. He is then seen lying motionless face-down on the sidewalk as blood begins to pool around his body and one suspect goes through his pockets.

New Orleans police hunt suspects in brutal beating of tourists in French Quarter | Fox News

Well, at least there was no offensive Confederate statues around... That makes it all better, right?

Old 06-27-2017, 05:39 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southeasttexas View Post
Surveillance video released by police late Sunday shows the victims attacked by four black men who beat them, stole their wallets and cell phones, and then fled, according to FOX 8.

One of the victims is seen being punched by one of the assailants from behind, which knocks him out cold. He is then seen lying motionless face-down on the sidewalk as blood begins to pool around his body and one suspect goes through his pockets.

New Orleans police hunt suspects in brutal beating of tourists in French Quarter | Fox News

Well, at least there was no offensive Confederate statues around... That makes it all better, right?
statues are more dangerous than vicious sucker-punching thugs.

Old 06-27-2017, 05:51 AM

1,184 posts, read 720,671 times
Yes going back to your hotel at 9 pm isnt late at all...uber for me always now

Old 06-27-2017, 05:54 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,285,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Hard to tell if this is a Boston v NOLA thing? For sure, folks in urban areas need to be on the lookout. As do folks in rural meth areas. There be dragons.

Crime | Universal Hub
East Boston = Illegal alien ground zero.

Old 06-27-2017, 06:05 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,285,313 times
Wonderful town:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVPNWHrO9g4

Old 06-27-2017, 08:53 AM

1,132 posts, read 2,124,882 times
Full of "Obamas Sons" in Rays Nagin's "Chocolate City".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies