Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2017, 01:55 PM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
I don't watch CNN, nor Fox for that matter.

MY primary source of broadcast news is the PBS news hour which does a good job of reporting the news through a series of professional people either inside or outside of the administration.

Regardless, what you need to pay attention to is the trend toward "state" news--only what the state wants you to hear, with no source or way to verity the integrity of that news. Think Russia or any of the other dictator style governments around the world where the people have been cut off from outside contact. They think everything is wonderful (as in "we made America great again") when the reality is that it was great for only a handful of extremely wealthy individuals who were given access to state assets to use for their own personal purposes. I know...it can't happen. But is has, and it is. And the more you allow the "independent news" to be shut down the more it will happen. More for "them. Less for "you".
"independent news" - you mean like Breitbart? Seems like he has opened the press pool up to more news groups if you ask me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2017, 01:57 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,551,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
If nothing else gets done - I want to thank Trump for taking on the press. Whether it's in person at a press conference, or through Twitter, no one has been able to do what he has done - and it's only been a few months.

They have had their way for years... decades... and they are finally being exposed.

Before Trump was inaugurated, I posted this on 1/3/2017...

The use of Twitter has been brilliant in two areas - one, he can talk over the press to get out whatever he wants without the media filter. And I am not going to share the second one yet - because it involves his strategy in taking on the press.

Just to think we would have none of this had Clinton won the election with her 98% probability.
Lol, he hasn't done jack. Repeating the same nonsense "fake news" over & over only makes him & his idiot supporters look insane. Nothing more.

Old 06-27-2017, 02:00 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I have read your claims to this authoritarian government and Trump.

What are characteristics of this that you see in Trump? You have already mentioned that you believe he is shutting down the press and his coverage of him... what else? I will dismiss any claims of collusion with Russia, because there are none to this point... just FYI.
Again, why not actually look at what I am saying. He is normalizing this sort of thing. Don't be surprised if the next guy picks up these tools.

Old 06-27-2017, 02:02 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
You keep proving Gorwin's law with these nonsense dictator arguments. It only proves you can't actually address the topic at hand.
Shrug. And again you are ignoring my point. You're the one bring dictatorship and god win in, not me.

In fact I'm pointing out the risks you bring by having a Democrat use this sort of thing. Think about it.

Old 06-27-2017, 02:02 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
CNN to lose their Whitehouse Press Credentials!

Old 06-27-2017, 02:12 PM

273 posts, read 201,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Again, why not actually look at what I am saying. He is normalizing this sort of thing. Don't be surprised if the next guy picks up these tools.
I disagree.
I hope the next president (D or R) actually continues to call out the big $$$ media. I'm honestly tired to seeing big media being controlled by powerful people behind the scenes who won't show their faces. At least Trump is willing to show his face.

Old 06-27-2017, 02:38 PM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
So the press issue is the only argument you have to say Trump is promoting an authoritarian government?

Old 06-27-2017, 06:54 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,798,262 times
I wonder when the 75% of GOP voters will actually think about the reason Trump does what he does.

Old 06-27-2017, 06:58 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,587,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
You keep proving Gorwin's law with these nonsense dictator arguments. It only proves you can't actually address the topic at hand.
It's Godwin's Law, who is Gorwin?

Old 06-27-2017, 07:01 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,587,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
CNN to lose their Whitehouse Press Credentials!
Source?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies