Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2017, 06:00 PM

39,226 posts, read 27,597,823 times

Advertisements

Her response

"Dear John, I adore and respect you but please please keep me out of your statements that are not factually based."

Perfect response. She never said he made a racist remark. She is a world class athlete who is professional, and competitive. I also like the fact that she carried herself with a little bit of attitude, (in a not obnoxious way) She is certainly not boring.

People should just leave these two alone. He did not make a racist remark. come on now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2017, 06:03 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
We don't apologize for telling the truth. There is no reason for McEnroe to apologize to anyone.

If they have their feelings hurt, too bad, it's on them. They need to pick up the shattered pieces of their lives and move on.

Old 06-27-2017, 06:06 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Serena and Venus already lost to a man in 1998.

Quote:
Braasch would smoke cigarettes and sip beer during the changeovers, and to be honest no longer looked the part of a fit professional athlete. It made no matter. Braasch led 5-0 over Serena before winning the set 6-1, and then posted a 6-2 set victory over Venus.
Braasch was 203rd in the men's circuit at the time.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...open/96876832/

Old 06-27-2017, 06:11 PM

45,225 posts, read 26,437,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Her response

"Dear John, I adore and respect you but please please keep me out of your statements that are not factually based."

Perfect response. She never said he made a racist remark. She is a world class athlete who is professional, and competitive. I also like the fact that she carried herself with a little bit of attitude, (in a not obnoxious way) She is certainly not boring.

People should just leave these two alone. He did not make a racist remark. come on now.
more appropriately williams should have addressed her comment to the interviewer, McEnroe was just answering her question.

Old 06-27-2017, 06:13 PM

45,225 posts, read 26,437,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I am really tired of racist white men and women trying to come for Serena's crown but thankfully Queen Serena pays them dust....black excellence personified!!
McEnroe was seen leaving the interview in the dukes of hazard charger!

Old 06-27-2017, 06:15 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
Quote:
I am really tired of racist white men and women trying to come for Serena's crown but thankfully Queen Serena pays them dust....black excellence personified!!
Oh, to be so delusional.....

Old 06-27-2017, 06:15 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,571,939 times
There's no reason for him to apologize.

Old 06-27-2017, 06:16 PM

39,226 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
more appropriately williams should have addressed her comment to the interviewer, McEnroe was just answering her question.
I agree with you. The interviewer cared about rating, and she asked a dumb question.

Honestly, I have no problem with neither of them. I think both are just competitive world class athletes.

I adore and respect both of them.

Professional athletes work their butts off in an attempt to create this winning reality. (There is no such a thing as a modest or low key athlete, in my opinion) They do everything in their power to try to avoid its' painful opposite, losing.

So sometimes, they say things you (the general term) don't like, but who cares?

Old 06-27-2017, 06:19 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
Quote:
Again, John McEnroe was no where on Serena Williams mind. Serena did not state that she could beat the top men tennis pros so why even go there? What was the point? John McEnroe knew that he would get publicity by making snide remarks about Serena. I swear, black people STAY on the minds of you people.
The point was to answer the question posed by the interviewer.

You seem to miss the obvious.

And you also seem to be obsessed with white people. You're always posting about us.

Last edited by MPowering1; 06-27-2017 at 06:31 PM..

Old 06-27-2017, 06:19 PM

21,474 posts, read 10,572,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
Johnny McEnroe is simply "Trolling Serena"!! The why's/rationale is rather simple. Create some sort of firestorm!! Publicity We are no longer in the 20th Century. For anyone that has followed tennis realizes.. to win in tennis calls for Talent first, then ability to execute the right shot at the right time!! It's timing, surface conditions and hate to say it > Mental emotional mind space of player on any given day!!

I started playing tennis as a young person and soon understood > WEAK Wrists, and unable to control any stroke and although was those heavy wooden rackets..I knew it wasn't my forte!! But it didn't stop my appreciation of the sport.. so I have followed most tennis matches I especially the Slams, whenever I can!!
It's been said multiple times already, but McEnroe was complimenting her by saying she's the #1 female tennis player of all time. The interviewer asked him why the qualifier. He wasn't "trolling" her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies