Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2017, 06:41 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Female tennis players don't even have to play the same number of sets
It's pretty much only different in the majors and no one said they shouldn't or couldn't. They simply don't bc that's the way it was set up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2017, 06:43 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Serena and Venus already lost to a man in 1998.

Braasch was 203rd in the men's circuit at the time.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...open/96876832/
And they were pretty much still developing as players.

I'd like to see that match when they were into their prime years...like the last decade. Not 20 years ago...she was what? 15?!

Old 06-27-2017, 07:06 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Why should he for crying out loud? Thank god it wasn't perceived to be a 'racist' remark (though I'm sure some have put forth that angle). John has been more than gracious in praising Serena, but the plain truth must hurt.

I believe a group of 14 year old boys defeated the women's national soccer team.

Oh, and if anyone asks, this is very much a politically oriented and controversial issue in general.

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/defiant-joh...160648447.html
In a friendly matchm LOL

i played on a flag football team that beat NFL stars, that doesnt mean I am as good as them.

Old 06-27-2017, 07:39 PM

3,041 posts, read 5,001,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
In a friendly matchm LOL

i played on a flag football team that beat NFL stars, that doesnt mean I am as good as them.
No you didn't. And the difference is that professional women's teams routinely practice against high school and college teams because they offer higher levels of competition than their competitors. Not as a 'friendly match'

Old 06-27-2017, 07:46 PM

26,491 posts, read 15,070,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Serena should have her baby then play a man ranked 1-699 under the same rules to see what happens.
It already happened.

Both Williams sisters said they could beat any man ranked outside of the top 200.

The 203rd ranked man accepted the challenge and absolutely crushed both of them easily. He started to take it easy on them towards the end and still routed them.

The NPR lady was pushing fake news by pushing the theory that she was the best all time even among men.

https://www.theguardian.com/observer...543962,00.html

Old 06-27-2017, 07:53 PM

17,342 posts, read 11,274,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
It already happened.

Both Williams sisters said they could beat any man ranked outside of the top 200.

The 203rd ranked man accepted the challenge and absolutely crushed both of them easily. He started to take it easy on them towards the end and still routed them.

The NPR lady was pushing fake news by pushing the theory that she was the best all time even among men.

https://www.theguardian.com/observer...543962,00.html
Great story and wonderful everyone kept their sense of humor

Old 06-27-2017, 08:00 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,802,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I am really tired of racist white men and women trying to come for Serena's crown but thankfully Queen Serena pays them dust....black excellence personified!!

That's pretty delusional. He chose Serena for an example because she is the best.
Way more of a compliment than a vicious racist attack.

Old 06-27-2017, 08:03 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,756,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Her response

"Dear John, I adore and respect you but please please keep me out of your statements that are not factually based."

Perfect response.
Not really. Who does she think she is telling people they can't talk about her? Factually based? No Serena, it's called speculation, and it's allowed.

The perfect response:

"OK, John, let's see what you've got. After I have the baby it'll be you against me for charity. I'm calling you out."

Old 06-27-2017, 08:32 PM

26,491 posts, read 15,070,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I am really tired of racist white men and women trying to come for Serena's crown but thankfully Queen Serena pays them dust....black excellence personified!!
Don't be a race baiter pushing fake news.

McEnroe said nothing racist at all and never mentioned race once.

He called Serena the "Best female player ever — no question."

He pointed out, with factual evidence that women athletes tend to not be as good as male athletes if you look at Olympic times or the one time Serna played a male pro ranked #203 and got blown out.

'But Seriously,' Tennis Great John McEnroe Says He's Seeking 'Inner Peace' : NPR

NPR's host was pushing an agenda...McEnroe gave an honest and highly defensible position that male professional tennis players are better than the females.

Old 06-27-2017, 08:36 PM

39,222 posts, read 27,592,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Not really. Who does she think she is telling people they can't talk about her? Factually based? No Serena, it's called speculation, and it's allowed.

The perfect response:

"OK, John, let's see what you've got. After I have the baby it'll be you against me for charity. I'm calling you out."
well, I respect your opinion. LOL What she said is not necessary wrong. ya know?

I don't think she is TELLING people they can't talk about her. She said, "please please please leave me out of it. respect my privacy and i am having a baby." She can't say that? lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies