Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2017, 10:34 PM

39,222 posts, read 27,597,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
I've said this before, but I don't mind repeating myself if it helps someone. I realize you two are lost causes, you're just going to hate because "ZOMG!! ISLAM!!" but maybe someone else will see this and reconsider how they view Muslims.

My doctor is a Muslim. She's one of the most caring people I know. She hugs me every time I see her. She is also incredibly concerned about my health. She is constantly on me about my weight and exercise, and about how much coffee I drink, and she is always after me to quit smoking. Ask yourselves: If all who practice Islam are violent, and want to kill, kill, kill, do you really think she'd work so hard to keep me healthy? That approach is a little self-defeating, don't you think? I mean if she's really a violent psychopath as you imply she is, simply because she is a Muslim (and you judge her as such without even knowing her)?

Your attitudes toward her and other Muslims who are peaceful and nonviolent says so much more about you than them.
You need to relax.

The cartoon is about ISIS, not Muslim.

Stop looking for something that is not even there. Not everyone hates all muslims. Quit being a social justice warrior, at least, don't do it with me, I am not buying it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2017, 10:36 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...rak-socks.html

Guess this is the type of leader that is more liberals type
I love him. He's a leader of everyone....not a certain group

Old 06-28-2017, 10:45 PM

2,049 posts, read 1,066,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
I've said this before, but I don't mind repeating myself if it helps someone. I realize you two are lost causes, you're just going to hate because "ZOMG!! ISLAM!!" but maybe someone else will see this and reconsider how they view Muslims.

My doctor is a Muslim. She's one of the most caring people I know. She hugs me every time I see her. She is also incredibly concerned about my health. She is constantly on me about my weight and exercise, and about how much coffee I drink, and she is always after me to quit smoking. Ask yourselves: If all who practice Islam are violent, and want to kill, kill, kill, do you really think she'd work so hard to keep me healthy? That approach is a little self-defeating, don't you think? I mean if she's really a violent psychopath as you imply she is, simply because she is a Muslim (and you judge her as such without even knowing her)?

Your attitudes toward her and other Muslims who are peaceful and nonviolent says so much more about you than them.
We must know the difference between humans and ideology
We are talking about ideology
Ideology drives people who believe in them
Because they are considered the basis of their intellectual
A Muslim believes in a term al-kfar It is this term that drives this ideology and drives its followers everywhere
The Muslim hides this term because he knows he lives among al-kfar
and he uses a term (al-takea)
By doing so, he works to conceal what he believes in
So that God opens it to show what He believes fully
So there is a policy in the behavior of the Muslim within the countries where the Muslims are few
But as their number multiplies, their effect and demands will be seen
This is happening now in Europe
And the partner is the one who takes advantage of the lesson
Canada should learn from this lesson
All cultures that migrate to Canada do not say that their religious laws are better than Canadian law
These cultural and religious groups are of Chinese, Hindu or African origin
It has no ideology that calls for orderly control of society
While immigrants from Islamic culture, they carry with them a clear ideology calling for control and the spread of their religion among nations
A Muslim intellectual, who knows his religion well, knows what Muhammad said to him
That God gave him orders to fight mankind until they say to him only God and Muhammad is his slave and messenger
And every Muslim who knows his religion believes that his book is the word of God
He rejects any legislation that contradicts the word of God
There is a famous word about Muhammad
He says
He who sees in you a denunciation must change it in his hand
If he can not, he must change it in his tongue
If he can not do that, he must change it in his heart, and this is the weakest faith
I think a Muslim educated in the Land of Freedom Canada and others
It follows the third step
It is the weakest faith
I hope that I gave a simple explanation to the influence of ideology on those who follow it

Old 06-28-2017, 10:51 PM

2,049 posts, read 1,066,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Yeah, it's a hotel in Damascus.
Yes, it is the name of one of the neighborhoods in old Damascus
I think the people of Damascus are immortalizing the personalities

Old 06-28-2017, 11:54 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,034,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
You could always move to Canada, which I strongly support.

Because America needs LESS law abiding, skilled, educated taxpayers!!

Better that than GOP cowards that claim to kick puppies and make kids cry- seeing as those are the only things they can do to feel tough!! Anything tougher than kids and puppies and out comes the gun-right??

#Coward

Old 06-29-2017, 04:12 AM

23,549 posts, read 17,223,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gallowsCalibrator View Post
Eloquent, intelligent, and speaks like a grown adult? Yeah. And his hair is real, too.

Can we have one? Pleeeeaaassseee.
Lowest standards ever set for a leader. Intelligent in what regard???????? Economics, foreign policy, bringing the country together???????? NOT!

Obama was deemd a great orator by the media abd had no ability to communicate.

We had one and he was a disaster. Spoke elequent lies and fumbled his way trhough disasterous economic, energy and foreign policies.

Old 06-29-2017, 07:42 AM

2,813 posts, read 2,113,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Lowest standards ever set for a leader. Intelligent in what regard???????? Economics, foreign policy, bringing the country together???????? NOT!

Obama was deemd a great orator by the media abd had no ability to communicate.

We had one and he was a disaster. Spoke elequent lies and fumbled his way trhough disasterous economic, energy and foreign policies.
Well, the US certainly has lowered the bar, haven't we?

Since "eloquent and intelligent" was considered a disaster by so many, I guess we just decided to go whole hog and find the dumbest, least eloquent, tackiest, least experienced, sleaziest, most dishonest, and rudest old windbag in America to fill our highest leadership role...

Uh, way to go, us...???

Old 06-29-2017, 07:51 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,558,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfternoonCoffee View Post
Well, the US certainly has lowered the bar, haven't we?

Since "eloquent and intelligent" was considered a disaster by so many, I guess we just decided to go whole hog and find the dumbest, least eloquent, tackiest, least experienced, sleaziest, most dishonest, and rudest old windbag in America to fill our highest leadership role...

Uh, way to go, us...???
Right?? That's literally the most obvious thing ever but keep in mind, cons are mentally stunted so they cant understand something so basic & in your face.

Old 06-29-2017, 08:04 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,361,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
I'm fine not having an open border loving virtue signaling feminine man liberal thank you
"Feminine?"
Uh- Trudeau could punch you out in about a minute flat. He was challenged to a boxing match by his election opponent and did just that to the guy. It was called a TKO to save the loser some face.

He's got a great looking wife and a young child, so it looks to me that he's very comfortable in his masculinity. Ivanka went all pitter-pat over him when he came to the White House.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies