Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2017, 11:56 AM

2,295 posts, read 2,368,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
We weren't worried about our president being in bed with Russia. We weren't worried about Russia hacking our election. We didn't have presidents go on twitter and say stupid stuff all the time, and lie. We actually had adults as presidents in office until now.

If ANY of the other GOP candidates had won this election, you would not be seeing the problems that you are seeing now. I'm not a republican, but how I wish there were any other republican in there now other than what we have. Sheesh.
1. Absolutely zero proof of collusion between Trump and Russia. Don't believe me? Ask CNN. Here is Van Jones of CNN weighing in. Here is CNN producer John Bonifield's take on the Russia issue.

2. Russia didn't "hack" the election in the manner you're inferring. DHS has repeatedly said zero votes were changed as a result of any intrusions. If you mean releasing the DNC emails, and, as a result influencing the outcome, you're blaming the source, not the authors. That's sort of like blaming Snowden for the domestic snooping he exposed.

3. Obama didn't lie? Here is a summary from PolitiFact.

4. Well, on the Twitter issue, I actually agree with you.

Last edited by TXStrat; 06-28-2017 at 12:35 PM..

Old 06-28-2017, 04:15 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,304,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
They will obstruction of justice will do it there is already enough evidence to do it Trump proved it himself in the interview with Lester Holt.
Well, I don't think you're an Alan Dershowitz, who says there is no obstruction of justice, and he is one of the most brilliant lawyers there is.

None of you can even say what he did that was obstruction. You're just parroting what you hear from Rachel Madcow, one of the stupidest women who ever sat behind an "news" desk.

Old 06-28-2017, 04:17 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,304,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
Seems the libs may be unaware, but they are ensuring Trump another victory come 2020. Their ridiculous blind hatred increases his base with every odd rant they go on..........please, keep it up libs.
They are showing the entire voting public exactly who they are.

Old 06-28-2017, 04:18 PM

23,550 posts, read 17,223,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
I really want to thank the free press of the United States for exposing Donald J trump for the complete fraud he is. He has been getting away with not telling the truth for years. It is about time he is held accountable.

To the press - Keep up the pressure on Trump. No president in recent history has needed more scrutiny.

The press is not taking on trump.

The press is trying to prosecute trump, big difference.

Where was the press during the last 8 years? did they disappoint you not taking on obama?

Old 06-28-2017, 04:27 PM

6,223 posts, read 3,408,894 times
Quote:
I really want to thank the free press of the United States for exposing Donald J trump for the complete fraud he is. He has been getting away with not telling the truth for years. It is about time he is held accountable.

To the press - Keep up the pressure on Trump. No president in recent history has needed more scrutiny.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
He wants to be and all his role models are dictators.

Their job is hold the government accountable and in this case, since we have a pathological liar in office, they need to be more critical of him that usual.
Both these posts are off the charts...Let's ask the three reporters from CNN (Clinton News Network) about fake news (lies) that got them fired or that moron that displayed a head of Trump that got her fired. How about Dan Rather or Brian Williams who were booted for lying. Both of the latter are now on MSNBC which doesn't mind telling a few falsehoods. I could go on about the so-called free press but I am sure you get the drift.

Old 06-28-2017, 11:46 PM

20,329 posts, read 19,921,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
He wants to be and all his role models are dictators.

Their job is hold the government accountable and in this case, since we have a pathological liar in office, they need to be more critical of him that usual.
Yeah, they sure held Obama's feet to fire, didn't they.

Old 06-29-2017, 12:23 AM

16,583 posts, read 8,605,677 times
Quote:

The press has hounded all Republicans since at least Nixon, yet they let most Democratic president slide. Obama is a perfect example, which is probably just fine with you and your ilk.

What you and other liberals/leftist fail to understand is that a "free press" needs to be self governing and professional. They should hold all administrations accountable, regardless of their own personal political ideology. Thus if you are a raving liberal, you still go after a liberal Democratic president as much as a conservative Republican.
Sadly, we have very few professional journalists these days, and many are allowing their own personal biases to destroy any faith the American public has in them.

But don't take my word for it, read a professional journalist who is moderate and even another who is liberal that essentially say the same thing;

https://www.amazon.com/Stonewalled-O.../dp/0062322850

or

https://www.amazon.com/Silencing-Lef...FMKYX5A46YSG55

As a matter of fact, Attkisson has just written another book out any day now about how the media is corrupt and manipulating people, rather than reporting factual news;

https://www.amazon.com/Smear-Shady-P...FMKYX5A46YSG55

While I have not yet read this book, I'll but dollars to donuts it will dispel your thoughts on the media.

`

Old 06-29-2017, 01:22 AM

3,046 posts, read 2,383,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
Free press is a must in a democratic country. A press that just supports the leader is the press they have in Russia, Iran, Cuba and North Korea all controlled by the govt.

the first step in any dictatorship is to destroy any press that would attack them
a huge percentage of the US would kill for america to be more like those countries.

Old 06-29-2017, 01:36 AM

3,211 posts, read 2,242,674 times
Quote:

You missed the part about the News Media groups admitting to lying about Trump. I guess thanks to people unable to grasp the truth, these Fake News providers maintain some viewers.

Old 06-29-2017, 01:45 AM

31,036 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
The press is trying to do its job but the press is not aggressive enough. Trump's administration is the most corrupt in US history. He hides behind the mantra of fake news that his minions lap up. Trump is so afraid of the news that he doesn't even want the daily press conferences televised.

Trump tweets ands lies, tweets and lies ad infinitum.

The press needs to do its job. Don't let up and don't be intimidated.

Trump wants a nation of sheep. Some will give it to him. Others want to hold him accountable.

That is the job of the press.
Really? Considering the mainstream press has all time low ratings, why should we believe them?

"Liberal reporters have been eager to report on President Trump’s low approval numbers, but they’ve mostly ignored their own, significantly lower approval ratings."

Media Hype Trump
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies