Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2017, 11:45 AM

5,993 posts, read 3,732,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Ya know what?

All of you chronic tax complainers should take charge of your lives and use some initiative to improve your circumstances.

Don’t like your taxes now?

Move to an isolated rural location with no water, sewer or sanitation. A place that’s many miles from police, sheriff, and fire departments. No schools anywhere within a 10 mile radius. Nothing but dirt roads with no snow removal in the winter.

There are lots of locations like this around the country.

You’ll love the low taxes.

LOL they won't take you up on that!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2017, 11:49 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,741,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Just because you repeat it over and over still does not make it true. I'm just glad you guys that think like this are very much in the minority these days. Most people support a single payer Medicare for all type of healthcare system. We'll get there eventually. This is evidenced by the amount of backlash GOP reps and senators are getting from their constituents over the AHCA. People have had enough.
Again, both Republicans and Democrats are repugnant to me, as they all are vicious, violent, aggressors who use thug government to impose their personal will upon their neighbors. So please stop lumping me in with the psychopaths in the Republican party, as I do not condone or participate in their version of barbarity. (or the barbarity of the Democrat party either.) I am not an authoritarian. I believe in the non-aggression principle, you know the one that most 4 year-olds can understand intuitively. The "left" and "right" have only aggression upon others as a foundation.

Do you believe that you have a right to impose your will upon your neighbor with violence, coercion, and aggression? (ie initiations of force)

Old 06-29-2017, 11:55 AM

Quote:
LOL they won't take you up on that!!!
Not to be rude, but the inane argument that nothing exists without a criminal evil institution of violence and coercion, which we call government, is preposterous.

It only shows the level of indoctrination that the State has accomplished to cement their evil power.

Why is is that collectivists are so frightened of the non-aggression principle? The only reason is pretty clear. They believe they have a right to impose their personal will upon others with aggression. They have absolutely no belief in human freedom (except for maybe their own) and believe that the rest of mankind exists only to serve their personal interests.

Old 06-29-2017, 01:04 PM

6,855 posts, read 2,844,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post

We do have a frontier spirit that still lives. Something that Europe and countries like Canada never have fully grasped. If you think what makes a country and people great are large social programs good for you. I will take independence over dependency any time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2rVcxkbIQc

Go on up to Yellowknife, and tell them all about their lack of "frontier spirit." After you get your ass (which will be immediately handed to you) sewn back on, come let us know how well they took that, and what their response was.

Old 06-29-2017, 01:09 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,218,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nam2015 View Post
According to the personal responsibility folks your coworker should have had a partial birth abortion. We could institute the old Spartan tradition of tossing the crippled to a cliff.

So what happens when the family has spent all their money on treatment but more treatment is needed? Should they leave them outside to let them die?

All this personal responsibility crap is just a weak attempt to justify psychopath ideas. No empathy, nothing in the brain except what is for me. It's sad and pathetic and that gives a good understanding of why something's happen and nobody does anything.
So society should pay for people's choices in life? No. Not my problem. Or society's.

Anything else is utopian thinking.

Last edited by T-310; 06-29-2017 at 01:18 PM..

Old 06-29-2017, 01:42 PM

275 posts, read 185,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
So society should pay for people's choices in life? No. Not my problem. Or society's.

Anything else is utopian thinking.
We have reached an overall standard above the dark ages. This is not even the Victorian era when children starved in the streets. I understand it happens still in some countries but I hoped we were above that. It seems the recurrent answer is abortion or not my problem. For the latter, just remember that unless you die young we would all become old and we'll need to have our diaper changed

Old 06-29-2017, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nam2015 View Post
We have reached an overall standard above the dark ages. This is not even the Victorian era when children starved in the streets. I understand it happens still in some countries but I hoped we were above that. It seems the recurrent answer is abortion or not my problem. For the latter, just remember that unless you die young we would all become old and we'll need to have our diaper changed
That is why we have family, friends, and neighbors. That is not why we have government.

Government, if just and moral, serves only to protect and secure the whole of natural rights of the individual, each and every individual. It is a retaliatory force. We did not create government to be an aggressor who initiates force to destroy human freedom.

If the purpose of government is to be a violent and coercive force imposing its will upon the individual, we would be better off fighting against street thugs and psychopaths. At least we'd have a shot at killing our aggressors, but a monolithic criminal organization like our government would necessitate killing endless agents of the State to experience human freedom.

Old 06-29-2017, 02:13 PM

15,859 posts, read 21,436,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
That is why we have family, friends, and neighbors. That is not why we have government.

Government, if just and moral, serves only to protect and secure the whole of natural rights of the individual, each and every individual. It is a retaliatory force. We did not create government to be an aggressor who initiates force to destroy human freedom.

If the purpose of government is to be a violent and coercive force imposing its will upon the individual, we would be better off fighting against street thugs and psychopaths. At least we'd have a shot at killing our aggressors, but a monolithic criminal organization like our government would necessitate killing endless agents of the State to experience human freedom.
You must be a very lucky man to have family, friends, and neighbors who could support a medically fragile, disabled child to the tune of several hundred thousands of dollars a year for round the clock care (parents, after all, have to sleep or maybe even earn a living), medical care, occupational therapies, medical supplies, etc.

I guess we should just euthanize the disabled who do not have millionaire parents and friends.

Old 06-29-2017, 02:25 PM

5,993 posts, read 3,732,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post

Not everyone has these things. I mean, do you live in a vacuum? Seriously? Our society chooses to take care of individuals and families who are in situations like this by way of things like Medicaid and SSDI. Society as a whole wants this family to get all the public help they can get in order to care for their child. They are already at a breaking point. What more do you want from them?

While you wallow in your miserable existence, the rest of us will go on supporting the public programs that allow these people to survive with at least a little bit of dignity. That's what civilized societies do for their citizens. It makes no difference whether you agree with it or not. I suggest you learn to live with it. It's not going to change.

Old 06-29-2017, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Not everyone has these things. I mean, do you live in a vacuum? Seriously? Our society chooses to take care of individuals and families who are in situations like this by way of things like Medicaid and SSDI. Society as a whole wants this family to get all the public help they can get in order to care for their child. They are already at a breaking point. What more do you want from them?

While you wallow in your miserable existence, the rest of us will go on supporting the public programs that allow these people to survive with at least a little bit of dignity. That's what civilized societies do for their citizens. It makes no difference whether you agree with it or not. I suggest you learn to live with it. It's not going to change.
Yes, I know that all modern "civilized" societies advocate theft, extortion, slavery, and aggression by the State to impose a fictional "collective's" interest upon the individual. I know that all modern "civilized" societies are base only upon the fictional right for some to use aggression to impose their will upon others. I know that the only purpose of modern "civilized" societies is to enslave some for the benefit of others. And yes, I know that all modern "civilized" societies believe that the individual has no purpose other than to serve the fictional collective. So you don't have to preach to me, I know what you are saying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies