Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2017, 01:44 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,454,497 times

Advertisements

Republicans are fantastic hypocrites. They are against abortion and want all kids to be born regardless of extenuation circumstances. After birth, the GOP says: It is your problem.

I know a couple with a child that was born at I believe 24 weeks. The kid is now 10 years old. He still cannot do anything for himself. That will be the same regardless of how old he gets. Without Medicaid, the couple would be bankrupt as he suffers from many things that were never developed properly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2017, 01:51 PM

1,720 posts, read 1,315,864 times
As others have said this is an EXTREME case of someone who should be helped by special programs for disabilities like this.

Of course the point is to use these 1% cases to justify socialized health care for all. Including those who don't need it or deserve it because they're able bodied and don't need to be fed through a tube and ironically enough are usually north of 250 lbs.

If anyone wants to clean up this country fast remove all welfare except disability (for the truly disabled) and Social Security and medicare for those over 62-65 who earned it. And of course medicaid for cases like in this letter and see how fast most of the leeches flee to Canada and Europe and how quickly the illegal alien problem is solved. You won't need a wall. Hell you won't need a mall cop.

Europe could do the same. Cut off the free s**t and watch how fast freeloaders find another place to unload.

The stories I hear from retirees and workers of all the able bodied people well south of 60 years old, a lot of whom don't even speak English, in the Social Security offices that they never paid a dime into going in to collect is unbelievable. No wonder they say Social Security is going bankrupt and will not be there in the future. Well no s**t. They have every tom, Dick and Harry and Harriet getting paid from a system they never participated in and who'll never pay anything close to what they collect being that many are low skilled or have no intention to work.

Like I said, you want to solve a lot of problems, cut off the free stuff. All of it. Section 8, school lunches etc... Every thing except for the truly needy.

When a leech leaves the healthy body keeps all of its blood. Crime would also go down tremendously.

Old 06-28-2017, 01:53 PM

1,720 posts, read 1,315,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloforLife View Post
Republicans are fantastic hypocrites. They are against abortion and want all kids to be born regardless of extenuation circumstances. After birth, the GOP says: It is your problem.

I know a couple with a child that was born at I believe 24 weeks. The kid is now 10 years old. He still cannot do anything for himself. That will be the same regardless of how old he gets. Without Medicaid, the couple would be bankrupt as he suffers from many things that were never developed properly.
Once again. Extreme case. What percentage of the public are truly disabled like this. 1-3%? Maybe 4-5% tops.

Old 06-28-2017, 02:00 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,135,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Oh I don't know, at least in terms of healthcare, I suppose people have that dang notion of not wanting to die just because they aren't a doctor or lawyer or investment banker....
You think doctors or lawyers would be able to afford those kinds of healthcare bills? Lol. They only make several hundred thousand per year on average. Many lawyers make even less.

Investment bankers on Wall Street, yeah, they could afford it.

Old 06-28-2017, 02:19 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,827,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
I agree with you on that, but the AHCA may jeopardize full coverage even of these extreme cases.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
"The true measure of any society can be found in how it treats its most vulnerable members."

--Mahatma Gandhi

Under the GOP, we are a heartless, soulless, Godless society. Brought to you by the pretend "Christians" of the Republican party, of course. There are no bigger CINOs (Christians in name only) on the planet than Conservative Americans.
all this is going to do is push the burden onto the states where it belongs anyway. the federal government should NOT be doing things like this, that is the purview of the states.

Old 06-28-2017, 02:57 PM

4,139 posts, read 4,526,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
What a stupid letter from an obviously stupid mom, which is par for the course these days. The personal responsibility is HERS, not her child's. Not until the kid is 18 at least. Figures the moron doesn't understand that.
So enlighten me please? What exactly would you propose she do when her son no longer gets Medicaid and the child's exorbitant health care costs are not covered by her husband's plan?

Old 06-28-2017, 02:59 PM

18,984 posts, read 9,070,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
So enlighten me please? What exactly would you propose she do when her son no longer gets Medicaid and the child's exorbitant health care costs are not covered by her husband's plan?
Over the cliff with him, along with grandma. THAT is the Republican healthcare plan.

Old 06-28-2017, 03:00 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,388,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
A job

Old 06-28-2017, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Leeches. The correct term is leeches.

Freeloaders don't really harm others, but leeches will suck your blood dry, which is what those people are doing. Furthermore, they have no problem slaughtering a few million of us to get what they want.
Deplorable is much too flattering a description of someone with your values. With any luck you will some day be in the unfortunate position that f being completely dependent on others for your care.

Old 06-28-2017, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
A job
And who cares for the child while she is working? I have to say, there are a lot of truly vile and evil people in this country and it seems that they all congregate here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies