Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2017, 06:03 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,250,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
Meh. That battery thing never made much sense. It would take more energy to keep those immobile meat robots alive than you'd be able to store in them and retrieve from them.
Phew, that's a relief.

Old 06-29-2017, 06:19 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,766,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
Yep, no property, no privacy, no self-determination. The end of human consequentiality. Technological communism. Thoughts collected in a central database. Minute control of the activities and lifestyles of all human subjects. Automated everything. Literacy will become optional. Certain speech having long since become illegal, the next frontier will be thought policing and thought control.

The perfect centrally-planned utopia. Engineered equality of mediocrity. The statist's wet dream.
I can't believe this. You from Texas and you forgot about Jesus? Praise the Lord for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Heterosexual missionary sex allowed after marriage only.

Theocracy is coming!! Oh Lord!

Old 06-29-2017, 06:27 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,953,334 times
I'm not surprised this anti-white post from a Democrat voter is still going strong. Sad.

Old 06-29-2017, 06:35 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I think the point was that every race will do the wild thing with every other race, so that there can no longer be a discernible white race - especially given that whites are only a small minority of the total world population.

I've heard people saying this even 30 years ago.

On the other hand, there would be no discernible non-white race either then. See how that works?

Old 06-29-2017, 06:45 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,589,904 times
I'm glad I'll be dead by then. It won't be like star trek. It will more likely be like Somalia or ISIS, and every morning everyone will go down to the town square to throw rocks at an effigy of a white person who they will still blame for all of their problems.

Old 06-29-2017, 07:06 PM

3,672 posts, read 2,751,005 times
For those of you concerned that humans will be bored and have a natural need to be useful, I agree with you! But that time will be spent on exploration, art, discovery and social inclusion. There will be no more need for humans to spend their time on mundane tasks such as moving boxes (mover), handing people food, ringing people up, driving trucks cross country, building houses, delivering things, etc. the list goes on.

Humans will be better off.

And again, everyone will be a mix of all current races and cultures. We will all benefit.

I'm sorry, Conservatives; things are changing, whether you like it or not...

Old 06-29-2017, 07:31 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,741,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
For those of you concerned that humans will be bored and have a natural need to be useful, I agree with you! But that time will be spent on exploration, art, discovery and social inclusion. There will be no more need for humans to spend their time on mundane tasks such as moving boxes (mover), handing people food, ringing people up, driving trucks cross country, building houses, delivering things, etc. the list goes on.

Humans will be better off.

And again, everyone will be a mix of all current races and cultures. We will all benefit.

I'm sorry, Conservatives; things are changing, whether you like it or not...
Your rations will be defined by the ruling elitist centralized planners or the people who own the technology. If you are not a central planner or owner, you will be crawling in the mud looking for scraps of food...if they haven't decided to throw you in a mass grave that is.

Old 06-29-2017, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
Your rations will be defined by the ruling elitist centralized planners or the people who own the technology. If you are not a central planner or owner, you will be crawling in the mud looking for scraps of food...if they haven't decided to throw you in a mass grave that is.
The people will "own" the technology, and there will be no "rations", but rather a never ending supply of goods and services provided by said technology.

Old 06-29-2017, 07:56 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,741,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
The people will "own" the technology.
Uh huh. How will they own the technology? Even if the technology is stolen from its owners by the collective or the State, you will still be at the mercy of the central planners who will have no use for you, because technology will provide them with everything that they need, and you are not one of their needs anymore.

Sorry, but if this is the fictional utopia that the kids are looking forward to so they don't have to do anything and get everything, they are only really going to the real dystopia that always is given to those who seek a utopia.

Old 06-29-2017, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
Uh huh. How will they own the technology? Even if the technology is stolen from its owners by the collective or the State, you will still be at the mercy of the central planners who will have no use for you, because technology will provide them with everything that they need, and you are not one of their needs anymore.

Sorry, but if this is the fictional utopia that the kids are looking forward to so they don't have to do anything and get everything, they are only really going to the real dystopia that always is given to those who seek a utopia.
Even today, all patents expire. If a new technology is developed by a current capitalist, it will not be long before that technology can be exploited and developed further by all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies