Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2017, 05:29 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,927,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Actually Yemen. One of the included countries. I take note you left that out.

Furthermore this is 2017 not 2001. Things have changed in all those countries.
You are right -- I was thinking of terrorists that actually had committed acts of terror in USA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2017, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Actually Yemen. One of the included countries. I take note you left that out.

Furthermore this is 2017 not 2001. Things have changed in all those countries.
You aren't concerned that terrorist groups will use people from Saudia Arabia for example?

Old 06-29-2017, 05:33 AM

14,651 posts, read 14,572,886 times
Where's Waldo is reallymilking this singular Trump victory after six months of continual losing and overall embarrassment, isn't he? How's that health care bill coming along?

Old 06-29-2017, 05:40 AM

13,673 posts, read 8,978,585 times
I don't have a problem with this travel ban as it is now being carried out. It is within the power of the President to do such things (or, at least, my opinion). The only problem was how Trump went about it (especially with Version 1), which created chaos for those that held valid visas and were literally in transit to the United States.

Now, as I noted in another thread, I thought that the Supreme Court might toss the case finding it moot, since the Trump administration had implemented 'extreme vetting' regulations in May.

The whole purpose of the temporary ban, of course, was to develop and implement such vetting procedures. It rather puzzles me why, if the purpose of the temporary ban had been achieved, Trump nevertheless felt the need to do the total ban for 90/120 days. I guess to make some of his supporters feel warm and fuzzy.

Old 06-29-2017, 05:43 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,518,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
You aren't concerned that terrorist groups will use people from Saudia Arabia for example?
How do you know there are now terrorist groups in Saudia Arabia?

Do you make this assumption because it's a Muslim country?

Old 06-29-2017, 05:45 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,518,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Where's Waldo is reallymilking this singular Trump victory after six months of continual losing and overall embarrassment, isn't he? How's that health care bill coming along?
Topic is not about healthcare bill or Waldokitty.

Topic about Trump keeping campaign promise and now that Supreme Ct. has sided with him, promptly did so. 9th Circuit Ct. was declared wrong.

Old 06-29-2017, 05:46 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,713,784 times
Nah. The Liberals are opposed to it because it has Donald Trump's name on it. They don't mind terrorists coming over, apparently.... I think they might "mind" if one of their family members is on an airplane that has a homemade bomb planted inside a laptop of a nut-job terrorist, flying in from one of those countries.

Old 06-29-2017, 05:47 AM

14,651 posts, read 14,572,886 times
Quote:
Topic is not about healthcare bill or Waldokitty.

Topic about Trump keeping campaign promise and now that Supreme Ct. has sided with him, promptly did so. 9th Circuit Ct. was declared wrong.
They haven't sided with anyone. They allowed parts of the order to take place until the case is heard. Do you understand even basic elements of how the judiciary works?

Old 06-29-2017, 05:48 AM

Quote:
How do you know there are now terrorist groups in Saudia Arabia?

Do you make this assumption because it's a Muslim country?
Nope -- just past history -- 9/11. I know it was such a long time ago but it is difficult to not reflect on the fact that most of the hijackers were from there....even the woman who was involved in the San Bernardino attack lived in Saudia Arabia for some time.

Old 06-29-2017, 05:48 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,775,153 times
Quote:
Let See
  • Before Travel Ban is Passed - End of the world, Trump is Hitler, multiple law suits, MSM goes crazy, leftists go to DEFCON 1, Governor Moonbeam of California makes declaration, windows smashed, business burned down.
  • After Travel Ban is Passed - No big deal. Trump has done nothing.
Nobody is taking you guys serious anymore.

Welcome to the club, Waldo, we haven't taken you guys seriously since this whole election thing began !

The reason it is "no big deal" is because it is NO BIG DEAL. The SCOTUS accepted a watered down version of his original plan, and, in reality, not much really changes. People will still come and go, as long as they have legitimate reasons, and Trump wanted so much more that he did not get.

Now, let's talk about that wall. What happened to that little brainstorm of his ? And how is tossing out Obamacare going ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies