Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2017, 07:34 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,960,371 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Here is my favorite part of Trump's edict regarding the definition of close family.

Notice how the definition of "close family" mirrors Trump's family, so that it would include all of the children by different wives, half-siblings, step-children and their spouses, but one's own grandparents, aunts or uncles aren't included?

I think this odd definition of close family will definitely be brought into question. As usual Trump policy is totally self-centered.

"...According to a diplomatic cable obtained by The New York Times, “close family” is “defined as a parent (including parent-in-law), spouse, child, adult son or daughter, son-in-law, daughter-in-law, sibling, whether whole or half. This includes step relationships.”

But it went on to state that “close family” does not include “grandparents, grandchildren, aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews, cousins, brothers-in-laws and sisters-in-law, fiancés and any other ‘extended’ family members.”
I noticed that as well. "Close family are families just like my own. Everyone else can go pound sand."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2017, 07:42 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,111,663 times
No worry for these muslims- Merkel has the red carpet rolled out for them!

Old 06-29-2017, 07:42 AM

13,422 posts, read 9,950,386 times
So is he actually going to start working on improving the vetting procedures? I mean that was supposed to have been done within 90 days from the last implementation of the ban, right?

Why isn't it done yet, if the priority is to keep the US safe?

Old 06-29-2017, 07:58 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Actually Yemen. One of the included countries. I take note you left that out.

Furthermore this is 2017 not 2001. Things have changed in all those countries.

Saudi Arabia does still not practice one of the most western hating, radical forms of Islam?

Your evidence would be?

Old 06-29-2017, 08:01 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,772,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
So is he actually going to start working on improving the vetting procedures? I mean that was supposed to have been done within 90 days from the last implementation of the ban, right?

Why isn't it done yet, if the priority is to keep the US safe?
He's too busy insulting the hosts of Morning Joe on twitter, and holding illegal fundraisers for 2020 to be bothered with things like extreme vetting.

Old 06-29-2017, 08:23 AM

16,569 posts, read 15,271,829 times
Quote:
How do you know there are now terrorist groups in Saudia Arabia?

Do you make this assumption because it's a Muslim country?
Good point! Caught them in their own stereotyping they accuse some of us here.

Old 06-29-2017, 08:25 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Quote:
So you don't know. You simply state it as disingenuous argument against Trump.
No there is no logic in your statement. Because I don't know for sure where the next terrorist is coming from doesn't logically result with me having a disingenuous argument against Trump.

I don't have an argument against Trump with this ban.

I have concerns that the focus is lost, that the focus is no longer about the security but it is now about 'winning'. I'm more concerned with effectiveness of policies implemented with the goal to secure our borders. i am hoping the review of immigration policies is done in a timely manner and the results revealed.

Old 06-29-2017, 08:27 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Easy to do. It's nonsense argument after nonsense argument.

Old 06-29-2017, 08:28 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Because I don't know for sure where the next terrorist is coming from ...
Exactly. You don't know. Glad you admit it.

The people working for Trump do know. That is why they picked the 6 countries in question.

Good that we have straightened that out.

Old 06-29-2017, 08:28 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
No it's not a good point at all.

If you have at all read this thread you will see that my concern is more about historically where the terrorists who have done the most damage on USA soil have lived...not so much what religion they practice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies