Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2017, 10:00 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
No Waldo, it doesn't. You can say Trump won the election a thousand times, and you have. Why is he making nasty sexist comments on Twitter? Trump won the election is not an explanation. Deflection is not an explanation. MAGA is not an explanation. Obama is not an explanation. Hilary's existence is not an explanation. So can you please answer the question honestly and directly? Even an I don't know would suffice at this point.
As far as I can tell, you didn't ask a question.

Edit: Opps, I see it now. Answer: I don't know. I can only proffer a guess since I have not asked Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2017, 10:01 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
I don't think media wants this type of craziness to stop.

Think about it, Donald Trump is an aggressive street fighter that has managed to suck all the oxygen out of the room by withstanding daily controversies for 25 weeks. Mr. Trump may have calculated that if the media is talking about him, they can't be talking about the other candidates.

Clearly, Mr. Trump has been ratings gold for the media - Senator Sanders not so much.

Old 06-29-2017, 10:02 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,098,111 times
I don't condone the tweet (I like Trump but he does make dumb tweets sometimes) but it is hilarious to see the Democrats virtue signalling "This is an attack on all women!" . No it isn't

9,837 posts, read 4,636,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
I mean come on, I realize this is par for the course for him and not the biggest of his issues, but this is just so disgusting and unpresidential.

An official statement by a sitting US president is insulting a woman's looks and intelligence, because she was critical of him on the morning show he claims not to watch.

How can you people condone this behavior? How does this dignify the office of the Presidency?
I think Trump may have dementia or maybe had a stroke since he started this whole thing.

His speech is getting worse, his vocab is tiny and he acts like a child. It is hard to see how his cult can stand behind him ,but i am sure if i were to read these pages in full i would find a bunch of folk saying it is clever or charming or some other bs ..

10,531 posts, read 6,165,986 times
How pathetic. I can only liken this to 10 year old behaviour, but that would be insulting 10 year olds who have better manners and self control than to use twitter to tweet out insults. What a national embarassment this President is.

2,333 posts, read 1,489,213 times
I don't know why it's so hard just to say "The guy has great policies and I support everything he does, but yeah he really shouldn't start insulting people's looks publicly." He's human and makes mistakes like all of us, but it's like we shouldn't ever acknowledge them. *Yes I understand it's also annoying to only hear negativity from the other side. Both are annoying.*

Old 06-29-2017, 10:03 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
.... Mr. Trump may have calculated that if the media is talking about him, they can't be talking about the other candidates.....
Bingo.

Old 06-29-2017, 10:03 AM

6,940 posts, read 9,679,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
Well, on the upside we can completely ignore anything the First Lady says about cyberbullying.
Charity starts at home and all that...

No, the upside is that his impulsive tweeting can distract him from pursuing a disastrous policy agenda. Let him tweet.

Old 06-29-2017, 10:04 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,709,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Are you saying that Trump has that amount of control over you?
He's the president of the United States and I love this country. His behavior is frustrating, infuriating, and embarrassing. Every time he does something like tweet about news people, he distracts from very serious issues that he ought to be trying to fix.

At this point, he has no control over me. But if he brings this country to its knees, we'll all be affected.

Now, I'll go ahead an respond for you to save you the trouble.

1. Trump won.
2. Hillary lost.
3. Don't make this personal.

Carry on Waldo. I know you have a per day posting goal.

Old 06-29-2017, 10:04 AM

4,412 posts, read 3,959,215 times
Remember when Republicans said that Obama nearly wearing a tan suit demeaned the office of the presidency? That was quaint.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies