Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2017, 06:33 PM

5,859 posts, read 3,294,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
No. They most certainly did not.

If he did his job instead of watching a show he claims he does not watch and tweeting about it, he’d get more work done.
Respectfully we disagree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2017, 06:42 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,888,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glamatomic View Post
He accomplished pulling us out of the Recession- the worst financial calamity since the Great Depression. That's a pretty big deal.
Took out Bin Ladin too, don't forget.

Old 06-29-2017, 06:46 PM

1,207 posts, read 1,280,906 times
To those defending Trump, can you honestly say that if Obama had done the same thing you would be OK with it? No. No you can't.

The only reason you're defending Trump is because you'd have to about you made a poor choice if you admitted he's in the wrong and is not exemplifying a good leader. Let go of your pride and bias for a second and just admit he should've turned the other cheek.

Old 06-29-2017, 06:49 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,396,512 times
Comparing Obama to Trump is like comparing Walter Cronkite to Sean Hannity.

Old 06-29-2017, 06:51 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,525,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I believe in free speech and I have never seen the couple this is talking about but if they were my employees, it would take me one second to fire someone who says personal disrespectful things about the president of the USA on public TV.

When I was growing up we had an old saying, "Who started it?"

What would be interesting to know is who is paying for the air time for this couple. Do the people advertising on that station agree with such behavior. We no longer elect presidents. The way many on here think it is all right to bully our president causing him grief while he is trying to do good for this country makes me realize he has been elected to be the scapegoat. Nobody should be treated that way. You are even finding fault with him for taking up for himself. I hope he keeps it up.
What did they say?

Old 06-29-2017, 06:56 PM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Obama was treated much worse than Trump, and he never behaved like this. Being President means an endless amount of criticism and ridicule. That is no excuse for him to attack Mike like this, sorry. Nobody else behaves like this except Trump and his deranged cult followers.
Get out of here with that! Obama was treated bad by some people, but he had a fawning press who absolutely refused to report on the bad things he did. Imagine if Trump weaponized the IRS against liberal groups before an election. He'd be impeached. It would be a huge scandal, and rightly so.

Old 06-29-2017, 06:57 PM

1,769 posts, read 1,232,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
I would just like to point out that those of you who 're calling Trump all sorts of names are doing the same thing you're saying how bad his tweet was this morning.

You 're expressing your distaste in his words, then throw the same type of distasteful words out there.

What does that say

For me it says, do as I say and not what I do.
And a little of self righteous thrown in there.
And hard to take you seriously.
well, i'd like to point out to you that we are here on an internet forum talking about something that he did. (again)

we are not president of the united states. he is. he went on twitter and said some not so very professional things. he is the president of the united states who went on twitter for the WORLD to see.

that's not even close to some people coming to an internet forum and discussing the latest presidential controversy, even if they have said some not so nice things about him.

and as to the people who are also going on twitter or facebook or on tv or wherever else, who are also saying things to him and about him. they too are not president of the united states. he most certainly is held to a higher standard. he doesn't live up to that standard. but he definitely should.

it's shocking that this has to be pointed out to anyone.

Old 06-29-2017, 06:58 PM

16,761 posts, read 8,207,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Get out of here with that! Obama was treated bad by some people, but he had a fawning press who absolutely refused to report on the bad things he did. Imagine if Trump weaponized the IRS against liberal groups before an election. He'd be impeached. It would be a huge scandal, and rightly so.
You are of course lying or you believe alternative facts.

Old 06-29-2017, 06:59 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,740,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Comparing Obama to Trump is like comparing Walter Cronkite to Sean Hannity.
Cronkite was a flaming communist...see the Rand interview...hilarious

Old 06-29-2017, 06:59 PM

3,440 posts, read 2,524,800 times
How does attacking media personalities make America great again? Political commentary and criticism have been around long before Trump, and will be around long after. I would think a good leader stays focused on the goal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies