Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2017, 10:02 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,594,686 times

Advertisements

I wonder what Mueller is thinking about this mess of a Uotus right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

6,732 posts, read 5,169,444 times
https://twitter.com/johnlegend/statu...37636606939136

Quote:
I see Melania's campaign to end cyber bullying is off to a slow start

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto Jeff View Post
I put television pundits right about swamp muck.
So then you should have no problem with Trump calling them out for being no better than Swamp Muck.

Thank you.

Old 06-30-2017, 10:04 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,698,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I was very clear too.

You think it's OK for anchors on major news channels to attack Trump in the most unprofessional manner, but not OK for Trump to respond.

That is a double standard.
Basically, yes.

We have lots of double standards. We expect toddlers to have meltdowns when they're hungry and tired, but we expect adults to continue to act reasonably when they're hungry and tired.

We expect teenagers to lack judgment and make rash decisions but we expect adults to rely on their developed brains and their life experience to make good decisions.

We expect drunks to act like idiots and sober people to act with forethought.

We expect news people trying to get ratings to say inflammatory things to keep viewers watching. We expect presidents to ignore the comments and do their jobs. Every single president before Trump (with the possible exception of Nixon) has managed to do that. Something is wrong with Trump because he can't ignore the comments and let it go.

Old 06-30-2017, 10:05 AM

189 posts, read 110,616 times
Quote:
All I see is a straw man argument. Either behavior is acceptable or unacceptable. You can't have it both ways.
I'm not having it both ways. I don't really care what Mika says. Let's say I accept your argument that her behavior is also unacceptable. So what? It means nothing to me. I don't need to accept or not accept her behavior. It has NOTHING TO DO WITH ME. Lots of people say and do bad things. I don't know them. There are tons of idiots on television. I don't care. What they say or do is irrelevant to my life. So their behavior is unacceptable. OK. I won't watch them anymore.

What the PRESIDENT says DOES effect me. He represents me.

Old 06-30-2017, 10:06 AM

10,525 posts, read 6,157,413 times
Quote:
All I see is a straw man argument. Either behavior is acceptable or unacceptable. You can't have it both ways.

You can 'see' whatever argument you like. At this point the only two people I have heard defending Trump are you and Sarah Huckabee Sanders and she's being paid to do it. Even Republicans have come out against Trumps behaviour for a change. So keep arguing but your arguments are lost on the wind.

Also have a nice day typing. Personally I'm off to enjoy the sunshine.

Old 06-30-2017, 10:07 AM

2,333 posts, read 1,487,836 times
Quote:
So then you should have no problem with Trump calling them out for being no better than Swamp Muck.

Thank you.
Well I would actually have no problem if he had done this, instead of what he actually did which was stooped to that level. He should've gone after their ideas, their ratings, their performance (they're legitimately annoying sometimes with the squabble), but Mika's LOOKS? Insult her for something that actually matters.

Old 06-30-2017, 10:07 AM

18,984 posts, read 9,067,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Basically, yes.

We have lots of double standards. We expect toddlers to have meltdowns when they're hungry and tired, but we expect adults to continue to act reasonably when they're hungry and tired.

We expect teenagers to lack judgment and make rash decisions but we expect adults to rely on their developed brains and their life experience to make good decisions.

We expect drunks to act like idiots and sober people to act with forethought.

We expect news people trying to get ratings to say inflammatory things to keep viewers watching. We expect presidents to ignore the comments and do their jobs. Every single president before Trump (with the possible exception of Nixon) has managed to do that. Something is wrong with Trump because he can't ignore the comments and let it go.
What's wrong with Trump is that he is mentally unfit to hold the office. It's the elephant in the room that no one wants to talk about, but I think we're reaching that point where it needs to be said out loud. Repeatedly.

Old 06-30-2017, 10:08 AM

9,742 posts, read 4,491,618 times
Quote:

Thank you.

Only thing lower is reality tv host

Old 06-30-2017, 10:09 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Joe & Mika: poke fun at tRump for his ridiculous fake Time magazine covers prominently displayed at his clubs.

tRump: unhinged personal attacks followed by blackmail involving his WH staff and old pal who publishes the NI tabloid.

How low can he go?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies