Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2017, 12:32 PM

4,412 posts, read 3,957,230 times

Advertisements

The NRA stopped being a gun rights advocacy group over 20 years ago. They are a Republican PAC and front for gun manufacturers. Any self respecting member actually concerned about gun rights should have quit in disgust at the NRAs non-response to the murder of Philando Castile.

This is inciting violence.

Old 06-29-2017, 12:33 PM

19,717 posts, read 10,109,755 times
The NRA is just about making money. I joined for a while because I support gun rights. All I got was inundated with phone calls, mail and e mails sponsored by the NRA trying to sell me stuff. And the free gift I was promised for joining, never did get that. There were times I was contacted 10 a day times with "offers".

Last edited by Floorist; 06-29-2017 at 01:25 PM..

Old 06-29-2017, 12:36 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
The NRA stopped being a gun rights advocacy group over 20 years ago. They are a Republican PAC and front for gun manufacturer. Any self respecting member actually concerned about gun rights should have quit in disgust at the NRAs non-response to the murder of Philando Castile.

This is inciting violence.
I agree. It's absolutely an invitation to civil war.

Old 06-29-2017, 12:52 PM

58,972 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
I expect to see more armed right-wing violence against liberals in the coming months.

Be careful and stay safe. Don't be a hero - be smart and quietly walk away from any suspected derange right-wingers.

Funny how you try, poorly I might add, to portray the right as violent when it has been the LEFT wing doing all the rioting, burning cars smashing windows, shooting repubs, etc.

Self defense is a natural instinct.

You might want to look into a mirror when you put yur crayons down and come out of your "safe place'!

Old 06-29-2017, 12:58 PM

29,436 posts, read 14,623,440 times
Quote:
I expect to see more armed right-wing violence against liberals in the coming months.

Be careful and stay safe. Don't be a hero - be smart and quietly walk away from any suspected derange right-wingers.

With over 14 million legal carriers already in this country , I highly doubt your hyperbolic rant will come true.

https://crimeresearch.org/2016/07/ne...umber-permits/

Old 06-29-2017, 01:02 PM

3,733 posts, read 5,962,766 times
Well, the NRA needs a new funding source. Gun sales and dues are down since Trump was elected. They spent the last eight years raking it in by instilling fear and hate in their followers to buy more and more powerful guns because, you know, Obama was coming to take them all. Really helped fill the NRA's and gun makers' coffers. So the next logical step for them is more propaganda against the left. It's expensive to buy Congress every year.

Old 06-29-2017, 01:04 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,611,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
You bring a knife, i'll bring a gun....

Signed obama....
Context.

Obama made those remarks at a fundraiser in Philadelphia during the 2008 presidential campaign. He was paraphrasing a quote from the 1987 mob movie "The Untouchables."

He [Obama] warned that the general election campaign could get ugly. “They’re going to try to scare people. They’re going to try to say that ‘that Obama is a scary guy,’ ” he said. A donor yelled out a deep accented “Don’t give in!”

“I won’t but that sounded pretty scary. You’re a tough guy,” Obama said.

“If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun,” Obama said. “Because from what I understand folks in Philly like a good brawl. I’ve seen Eagles fans."

Old 06-29-2017, 01:07 PM

11,157 posts, read 7,952,361 times
Quote:

People who live in glass houses.......

The end!

Old 06-29-2017, 01:19 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,013,333 times
The ad wasn't advocating going out and causing violence, unlike what simple minded progressives would like to believe. They weren't advocating for violence against leftists; they were advocating fighting against the violence that the far left is causing. Leftwing terrorist organizations like Antifa and BLM will violently riot and attack innocent people. You'll likely end up as one of their victims unless you're armed and ready to fight them.

Old 06-29-2017, 01:19 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,882,876 times
Default Left in Spin Mode!

Quote:

I read your article and the piece refers to Left Wing Fascist violence. However the Right to defend yourselves against these Left Wing thugs, which we have seen in their full gory assaulting all who does not take their message.

Most people in day to day business do not even think about taking out a person who has a difference or opinion and or political position.

Here a gain the left is trying to paint the right as thugs, in reality it is the Left which has proven time and time again to be dangerous.

There will be day when he left try's to assaults someone business, home or family this will be tricky!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies