Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2017, 02:56 PM

24,385 posts, read 23,035,605 times

Advertisements

When you leftists force Bernie Sanders out of office for his stoking violence amongst his radical supporters, then we can talk about what right wingers are possibly going to do. Until then... shaddap.

Old 06-29-2017, 03:00 PM

9,967 posts, read 5,662,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
There will likely be more incidents like the one in Portland, and no doubt lively social media campaigns portraying lefties as the "real" hoodlums around here.
You'll notice the media's speculation about the Portland stabbing suspect's motivation came screeching to a deafeningly silent halt when it came to light he was a Sanders supporter albeit one with no coherent political philosophy at all. But don't let the facts interfere with your narrative.

Old 06-29-2017, 03:03 PM

30,421 posts, read 20,289,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
Right wingers by in large don't act like this, so I wouldn't expect much to come of it. This person is a moron. I say this as a centrist and gun supporter. Unlike people on the left, I will criticize my own. As others have pointed out, the vast majority of gun deaths in this country are committed by people who vote democrat in elections anyways. Maybe we should pass a law saying democrats can't own firearms?
"This person" is Dana Loesch, and she's no moron. She's a writer, investigative journalist, and hosts a nationally syndicated radio show. She actually worked for CNN for a time. She is a former Democrat who became conservative (something that happens more often than conservatives becoming Democrats). In 2012 she received the Accuracy in Media "Grassroots Journalism Award."

Her bona fides are as good as any of her critics.

Old 06-29-2017, 03:06 PM

1,649 posts, read 1,006,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
in the last decade far right extremists have killed more people then far left folks by a factor of 10.

Thats a FACT.

Oddly enough unlike most things where people get it wrong, I kind of understand this one more. It seems like human nature to try and forget the driving politic behind attacks barring the most recent ones.

https://www.thenation.com/article/wh...ical-violence/

Analysis: Deadly threat from far-right extremists is overshadowed by fear of Islamic terrorism | PBS NewsHour

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2quonm59Kc

They never call far left loons extremists. They will almost always relate their violence to some other underlying issue like mental illness or workplace violence. Furthermore, they consider all these anti-government anarchists that more often than not aren't even religious like timothy Mcveigh to be far right or conservative. Keep drinking that Kool-aid.

Let us all know when you see mobs of conservatives looting businesses and burning cities down....lol

Last edited by jrt1979; 06-29-2017 at 03:21 PM..

Old 06-29-2017, 03:11 PM

30,421 posts, read 20,289,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Whether or not it is an actual call to violence is debatable. Where they are correct is in that violence is coming, and from both sides, the odds are that it will escalate since the extremists on both sides are getting themselves ready to openly instigate violence and seem bent on a shooting war. So, whether you are right or left I would suggest that you ensure your and your family's safety as best you can and the best way to do that is to arm yourself and become proficient in the use of the arms you have. Discuss with you loved ones and friends what they should do or meet if things do go south and keep in mind that it can happen very quickly, at that point it will be too late to prepare for the Storm.
There is a reason why this is happening, and it has less to do with Trump and more to do with the destruction of our Constitutional Republic by the Leftists ("progressives") that has taken place over the last several decades (or more) and a new awakening of the American people (some of them, at least) that our country is about to be lost forever. Trump was the only man with the guts to stand up to these Leftists and call them out daily, and also the Leftist controlled Media, that has been lying for years. Freedom and Liberty are worth fighting for, and must be fought for continually, because men, given too much power, have a tendency toward becoming tyrants. Our Founders knew this. Most Americans are too content to let things follow their natural course, and do not recognize what has been happening right under their noses.

Old 06-29-2017, 03:17 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,630,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
So far, I've only seen gun violence from the left, though. Not the right.

(God, I can't believe I have to defend the right in this situation, but......I also live in reality. Not fictionland.)
ah so a rightwing nut job murdering a bunch of people at church is not violence according to you?
Or are you pretending Roof was not a right wing extremist despite the evidence.

Old 06-29-2017, 03:19 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,630,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
Dylann Roof and Timothy McVeigh took a time machine to the present and committed crimes after Trump became President?

Well, I'll be damned...
hardluck Sonny you dont get to determine a date range, that is not how it works. Your side if filled with gun toting murderers and you know it. this is why you guys spend 6 months crying about one burnt out and some trash after a rally. You got caught sonny just man up.

Old 06-29-2017, 03:24 PM

3,615 posts, read 2,327,063 times
Great video. We need a right wing militia in this country

Old 06-29-2017, 03:38 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,507,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
ah so a rightwing nut job murdering a bunch of people at church is not violence according to you?
despite what evidence?

Old 06-29-2017, 04:08 PM

46,260 posts, read 27,064,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
despite what evidence?
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart
Would it make a difference if they had a list in their pocket after the shooting, showing who else they wanted....oh wait....that was a dem....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.