Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you consider Donald Trump a good role model?
Yes 47 18.50%
No 207 81.50%
Voters: 254. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2017, 08:15 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Yes, unfortunately he hasn't been able to accomplish much with an incompetent Congress and Obama holdovers.
But, boy has he tried and made some headway, actually quite a bite considering the opposition that he faces. That is to be admired!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
no politician is.
Great answer. When it comes to role models, one really needs to have a "relationship" with the person, I guess now, people have children and are like turtles laying the eggs and then running off to sea letting them search for "role models".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
Update:

20% Yes
80% No
A poll? Please let President Clinton know how your poll is turning out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Trump sticks to what he says, does not let people plow him over, is persistent on getting things done and does Not SUGAR COAT anything. I know what Trump will do because he is honest with his speech and does what he says.
Excellent post. Although, you know these are not attributes that liberals admire in a person, such attributes just get in their way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMike77 View Post
I don't think that Trump is a good role model in the "goodie two shoes" kind of way that most people think of, but as a businessman/negotiator, you could do worse.
As a POTUS, we could have done worse and have done worse. Trump is to be admired for his accomplishments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Not really, but I don't look to politicians, sports figures, or movie stars to be role models. I hope my kids will always look to their dad, me, and their grandparents as role models.

In case you wanted to know, I considered Hillary Clinton one of the worst possible role models for young women. She is not a woman I am proud to have represented women in any way.
Exactly, a role model should be someone that you have some kind of relationship with.

I agree 200% on what you have said about Hillary!

Old 06-30-2017, 08:34 AM

54,498 posts, read 33,869,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
What do you think based on his statements and performance so far?
From my perspective as a conservative, in some aspects he's not a good role model, but I like him as a president because he is bold in taking America in the right direction.

Old 06-30-2017, 08:36 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,649,334 times
Hahahahah

Helllll no.

Old 06-30-2017, 08:39 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,678,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
From my perspective as a conservative, in some aspects he's not a good role model, but I like him as a president because he is bold in taking America in the right direction.
More wars?

Old 06-30-2017, 08:57 AM

6,542 posts, read 4,095,978 times
No.

He's rude and needlessly vulgar. Little evidence has been shown to suggest that he thinks before he speaks. He regularly lies, is complicit in the media sensationalism problem, and is not qualified to hold the job he has, which given the job's importance, is rather inappropriate.

Old 06-30-2017, 10:04 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Trump is the NYC style kind of guy. Straight talker. I would rather have someone talk to me straight up on what he wants, what he is thinking instead of dancing around like most of the sleazy politicians who are underhanded, and behind closed doors say things like they cling to the guns and religion. Or sneak a comment, when I get elected I will have more flexibility.

Trump is up front on the issues and the left has no respect for the presidency. They hold up a Trump head dripping in blood, call him every name even though he is OUR president. Fact is the left would like to see him assassinated and dead.

This is how low the left is. We saw it with Sarah Palin. They have selective hate for women . They attacked her kids , even her special needs child they included in their garbage .. so when they talk about Trump I look at where it comes from. The garbage pit of low life language. They live in it.

Old 06-30-2017, 10:08 AM

4,663 posts, read 4,550,488 times
Quote:
Trump is the NYC style kind of guy. Straight talker. I would rather have someone talk to me straight up on what he wants, what he is thinking instead of dancing around like most of the sleazy politicians who are underhanded, and behind closed doors say things like they cling to the guns and religion. Or sneak a comment, when I get elected I will have more flexibility.

Trump is up front on the issues and the left has no respect for the presidency. They hold up a Trump head dripping in blood, call him every name even though he is OUR president. Fact is the left would like to see him assassinated and dead.

This is how low the left is. We saw it with Sarah Palin. They have selective hate for women . They attacked her kids , even her special needs child they included in their garbage .. so when they talk about Trump I look at where it comes from. The garbage pit of low life language. They live in it.
I'm a New Yorker. Like many New Yorkers, I recognize him for the con man that he is. It's not "straight talk", it's pandering to your supporters and to hell with everyone else.

Old 06-30-2017, 10:12 AM

8,975 posts, read 10,215,820 times
It's just an internet poll but it was about what I expected - about 25%. Those are people who are proud of his comments and behavior. They will support him no matter what he does or says. And for that they have earned the title of Les Deplorables.

Old 06-30-2017, 10:19 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,929,182 times
Quote:
Trump sticks to what he says, does not let people plow him over, is persistent on getting things done and does Not SUGAR COAT anything. I know what Trump will do because he is honest with his speech and does what he says.
Really?

I though this author made some really excellent points:

“The president of the United States is the most powerful person in the world. The president is the spokesman for democracy and liberty. Isn’t it time we brought back the pomp and circumstance and the sense of awe for that office that we all held?”

"That means everyone in the administration should look and act professionally, especially the president. Impressions matter.”

Any guesses as to who might have said this? Ronald Reagan? JFK?

Wrong.

Donald J. Trump in his 2015 book called “Crippled America”.

There are hundreds of examples of similar flip-flopping and lying, but that will never change a Trump cultist's opinion of his "honest speech".

Old 06-30-2017, 10:21 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,174,956 times
Quote:

The fact that you've convinced yourself that what you posted is true and believe that the right has never participated in such antics is disturbing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies