Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2017, 09:07 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,442,664 times

Advertisements

The NFL is ruining itself.

Old 06-30-2017, 09:11 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,647,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
I must not be. Too busy watching his minstrel show on the sidelines.

But tell the Minstrel that Moth said, "Good show."
Yes, Kap does a lot of charity work and donates a lot.

But...gasp...many other NFL players do the same thing too...quite often.

This is why I don't get the whole "KAP IS AN ACTIVIST AND BEING ATTACKED". Many NFL players do it all the time.

Old 06-30-2017, 09:18 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,298,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
Do people not watch football? Kaepernick didn't get picked up because of "LOL ACTIVISM".

Has anyone seen Kap play QB the last 2 years? He's been downright TERRIBLE! Accuracy is way off, underthrows. I think in one game last year in Chicago, he got a grand total of 5 yards. 5! Hell, Kap didn't even start the first half of the year and got benched for BLAINE GABBERT! LOL

Running QB's don't do well if they suck in the pocket, and defenses have figured out Kaepernick and RGIII's playing style. If they don't adapt to playing in the pocket instead of scrambling, they won't really have a career.

This is one of the silliest stories circulating the news media right now. Kaepernick is a terrible QB.
He certainly was not the worst starter in the league last year, on a very bad team. In his last 8 starts he fell around the middle of the pack. 65 percent pass completion. Some scouting reports said he was close to old form. If not a starter certainly a viable back-up, and according to the Seahawks his salary demand was in the ballpark of a back-up.

Last edited by jazzy jeff; 06-30-2017 at 09:41 AM..

Old 06-30-2017, 09:19 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,773,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
Yes, Kap does a lot of charity work and donates a lot.

But...gasp...many other NFL players do the same thing too...quite often.

This is why I don't get the whole "KAP IS AN ACTIVIST AND BEING ATTACKED". Many NFL players do it all the time.
I gave my reasons. If you disagree, fine.

He is a minstrel, not an activist.

Old 06-30-2017, 09:42 AM

4,314 posts, read 3,995,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Taking a knee isn't acting a fool.
That's your opinion.

Many don't share your opinion.

Old 06-30-2017, 09:56 AM

4,314 posts, read 3,995,499 times
Any athlete who wants to do a protest before a captive audience is a coward!

The people who disagree have already paid money to gain admittance to a sporting event and can't voice their displeasure by booing during the national anthem.

A social justice protestor should take their protests out in public property where there is no captive audience and people can either applaud his antics or laugh at him and debate him.

Old 06-30-2017, 09:57 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,172,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
These NFL guys get big bucks to play a game and the fans pay big bucks to watch them. They better watch out because people enjoy the games as a break from life and if politics gets dragged into the game there will be many that will not support it.

If these guys want to make change why don't they take their money back to their neighborhoods and do something positive for the kids that would steer them from crime and violence.

I'd rather see a little feel good story clip at half time about so and so helping their communities then to hear the banter about so and so turning his back on his country.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Yea that's right- that's "all he did."

God forbid he actually go out there and do something of substance like Jackie Robinson, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Darrel Green, and others did and continue to do.

But it's all about him. Just him. "Look at me" ME!"

Something the legions of dupes in this country cannot seem to grasp.
Not only are you two completely clueless with this nonsense you've posted, you seem to enjoy it and wallow in it.

Try Google for once, before you post ignorance.

Old 06-30-2017, 10:00 AM

45,577 posts, read 27,172,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David A Stone View Post
Any athlete who wants to do a protest before a captive audience is a coward!

The people who disagree have already paid money to gain admittance to a sporting event and can't voice their displeasure by booing during the national anthem.

A social justice protestor should take their protests out in public property where there is no captive audience and people can either applaud his antics or laugh at him and debate him.
They can protest during the anthem... but they (or most in attendance) have chosen not to disrespect the anthem.

Old 06-30-2017, 10:00 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,647,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
He certainly was not the worst starter in the league last year, on a very bad team. In his last 8 starts he fell around the middle of the pack. 65 percent pass completion. Some scouting reports said he was close to old form. If not a starter certainly a viable back-up, and according to the Seahawks his salary demand was in the ballpark of a back-up.
Football is all about the players around you and chemistry. He was finally getting some good chemitry with his teammates.

However, SF's GM and coach (LOL Chip Kelly) are completely awful. SF was a team that 4 years ago, was in a Super Bowl, and the next 2 years went to hell because of terrible management and teams catching on to the offense SF was doing.

Of course, that's going to impact the mental and physical state of your star QB. That's why he's been so bad the past 2 years. They never gave Kap a chance to adjust...this was BEFORE he started kneeling.

Then the media got a wind of it and made it a thing, hence, why it's even a talking point on the Politics forums.

Old 06-30-2017, 10:03 AM

45,577 posts, read 27,172,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
So.

What are you gonna say if he ends up on a roster this season? You DO realize that the possibility is extremely high, right?

Whatever - good for him. If he continues to kneel, I won't watch any of that teams games as I did when he was with the 49ers.

I don't have a problem with him taking a stand on the principle - I just don't agree in using the anthem in making his statement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies