Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2017, 08:35 PM

78,409 posts, read 60,593,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
That's not necessarily true. My son worked in a rehab center in a Midwest town of about 300,000 and he said the majority of their patients were white middle class teens and young adults. And their substance of choice was either OxyContin or heroin.
Obviously, drugs affect all walks of life. They're just more prevalent in some segments.

Rehab centers cost money so do we really have to explain to you why in a MIDWESTERN TOWN that the patients are predominantly white and at least middle class on up?

It's like walking into a Jewish Synagogue and wondering why so many jews are there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2017, 08:40 PM

2,333 posts, read 1,488,949 times
Btw I think you mean "one in ten" not "one and ten." Drugs are an issue everywhere but it probably looks worse in rural towns because they tend to be smaller and the problem is more visible.

Old 06-29-2017, 09:21 PM

4,412 posts, read 3,959,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
And then there are people that want to legalize all drugs.
If you legalized, or at least decrimanlized, drugs you would have people functionally hooked on herion or seeking help without fear of incarceration instead of shooting up fentynal or goodness knows what.

Appalachia is a hot mess these days. It has been decades in the making and there is going to take major shifts in our drug policies and economics to make any substanative change. And, no, coal isn't coming back to WV.

Last edited by Mr. Mon; 06-29-2017 at 09:29 PM..

Old 06-29-2017, 09:27 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times
I hate to say this but: sometimes people like these fools just need to be cut loose and, I'm "white". Their kind ain't any better than hood rats with THEIR doping it up and acting stupid.

Old 06-29-2017, 09:37 PM

2,130 posts, read 1,457,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
I hate to say this but: sometimes people like these fools just need to be cut loose and, I'm "white". Their kind ain't any better than hood rats with THEIR doping it up and acting stupid.
Except they're not killing each other at high rates.

Old 06-29-2017, 10:58 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
I don't see anyone saying they are. Actions and character determine a person's value, not pigmentation.

Old 06-30-2017, 01:50 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
This is what you get when you take the work away from the people who need it most. This problem was only going to get worse under Clinton.
You mean Trump?

Old 06-30-2017, 01:54 AM

4,713 posts, read 3,471,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
Well your freaking wrong.I live in super rural America and we have none of these problems.Kinda like me finding a bad area of a city and claiming cities are all like that.You hate rural America so just say it and stop searching for an example to convince others to hate us.Trump won get over it.
Umm, OP is one of 'ya'll'. LOL

Old 06-30-2017, 01:55 AM

4,713 posts, read 3,471,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
And you think it's going to get better under Trump? Why?

There is an opiod epidemic in this country that no one wants to talk about. But soon it will be impossible to ignore.
I hear about it everyday on the news. I think there is a lot of talk about it. 'Doing' something about it is another thing...

In fact, driving along TODAY I heard an ad on the radio about naloxone. Ten minutes later, ran into a store, got back in the car to return home and saw a huge billboard advertising Naloxone. Weird because it was at the very same intersection where I had heard the radio announcement!

It all seemed so urgent that for a few seconds, I thought, I wonder if I should get some in case I see someone overdosing. I mean, the way the announcement was worded it sounded like a recommendation for something to keep on the shelf! Honestly. BTW, I know NO ONE who does drugs (as far as I can determine), but thought maybe this should be kept in a first aid kit. I guess I am starting to panic about the epidemic?????

Last edited by tangelag; 06-30-2017 at 02:06 AM..

Old 06-30-2017, 06:54 AM

19,718 posts, read 10,121,382 times
Joplin Mo. police just arrested a guy with $43,000 cash and a million dollars worth of meth. Meth is mainly white people's drugs in this area. I have not seen a report of anyone black being arrested for meth around here in a long time. (they always post pictures of those arrested).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies