Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2017, 08:20 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,448,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
The people hate the MSM in the USA.

So this is good for Trump.

I thought you guys might have learned this on Nov 8th, and again last week.
*sigh* No..the 'people' don't hate the MSM...they do distrust it.

The people sure don't love Trump...he gets his base 1/3rd--of the voters....in case you missed math that day..that's 2 to 1 against.

I predict this, that the media will regain their credibility long before Trump or the Congress does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

9,742 posts, read 4,501,592 times
Quote:
Ahh. You listen to pollsters who told you Hillary would win election. Fascinating that.

This is the only poll that matters.

Glad to clear it up for you.

Yea. I said polls. Not electoral maps. Gee. You are very easily confused. Maybe you need a map.

3,440 posts, read 2,530,171 times
Quote:
The people hate the MSM in the USA.

So this is good for Trump.

I thought you guys might have learned this on Nov 8th, and again last week.
What????? You wouldn't know that from the ratings, love 'em or hate 'em, that's all that counts. They thrive on controversy, and Trump accommodates. Right now, they're poking the dog with a stick, if he keeps reacting, they'll keep doing it.

52,430 posts, read 26,660,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I can't wait until the House flips to the Democrats next year. ....
You base this on what?

Nancy Pelosi?
Maxine Waters?
John Lewis?

LOL!

Old 06-29-2017, 08:22 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,909,919 times
Quote:
Will do. In fact I'll give you graphic. You listen to pollsters who told you Hillary would win election. Fascinating that.

That's at least the second time today you're posted that map.

That was then, this is now - and the future is yet to be discerned.

Old news just gets older.

Old 06-29-2017, 08:22 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,784,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Oh please..the lame stream media has been personally and viciously attacking Trump since the moment he stated he was running for office. It backfired on them then, and it will continue to do so now. They are too stupid and greedy to learn their lesson.
You mean like Obama who was attacked viciously by everyone including Trump and called a Muslim terrorist and not even born in this country?

Guess what, the President is the most criticized and ridiculed human being on Earth. Comes with the job. Trump is just to weak, too thin-skinned, and too immature to deal with it.

Old 06-29-2017, 08:23 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,660,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Yea. I said polls. Not electoral maps. Gee. You are very easily confused. Maybe you need a map.
Confused.

It's not me who cite polls put out by hacks who did such a bad job calling the election.

2016 President Forecast

Old 06-29-2017, 08:25 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,448,314 times
Quote:
Will do. In fact I'll give you graphic. You listen to pollsters who told you Hillary would win election. Fascinating that.

Yup..cleared it up for me---you think that the election day results are static???? Yes, Trump is President..but if you think that a lot of people have not changed their minds in the last 6 months....I think you are wrong.

As for polls..predictive polls are not opinion polls. To say that all polls are wrong..because one time a demagogue skewed the model--is a bit silly.

Old 06-29-2017, 08:26 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,087,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
*sigh* No..the 'people' don't hate the MSM...they do distrust it.

The people sure don't love Trump...he gets his base 1/3rd--of the voters....in case you missed math that day..that's 2 to 1 against.

I predict this, that the media will regain their credibility long before Trump or the Congress does.
Trump's agenda, like all authoritarian leaders, is to discredit the press, and he has been working toward that end from the beginning. Don't discount this as impossible. It's Fascism 101, and that is the playbook Trump has been following.

Old 06-29-2017, 08:27 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,797,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
Looks like the antagonistic positioning is reaching a new level:

Trump's Diatribes Against the Press Are Producing a Backlash - NBC News

The media is getting personal---and the media has power...not so much here at C-D---but many, many, many millions of people still have their opinions shaped by the MSM. Trumps 32% won't care..but how long can the tail wag the dog?

The irony is how they have constantly attacked him in such vulgar ways. They have insinuated incest, said that he could crap on his desk and would be defended, attacked his young son, called his wife a hooker, said he had golden rain parties with hookers, holds up his bloody decapitated head... and on and on and on and on and on.

He tweets that Mika was bleeding from cosmetic surgery and the left go stark wild, it's the end of the world crazy. I can't blame him, though I didn't like it, for finally lashing out at her. She has been a complete moron for months and he finally had enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Trump's agenda, like all authoritarian leaders, is to discredit the press, and he has been working toward that end from the beginning. Don't discount this as impossible. It's Fascism 101, and that is the playbook Trump has been following.
The press have been doing that all on their own. They have shown themselves to be well versed in self-destruction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies