Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2017, 04:38 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
Look, we either have a President or we don't. The office of the President has to mean something. You complain that he should be treated like everyone else, well, guess what. He isn't everyone else. He is the President. And I do hold him to a higher standard than everyone else. No president, Republican or Democrat, has ever behaved the way Trump has. He would have more respect if he was able to rise above the fray and act like a President. He cannot do that.
Really? Maybe you should dig out a history book.

Old 06-30-2017, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
What exactly is a bentlebee? And should we be worried about it? First thought is yes.
Well, what's a vacoder? That scares me!

Old 06-30-2017, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Another great day for potus Another butthurt day for losers
They still can't get over their loss. That is their whole problem. They try to make it something else, but it isn't anything but that.

Old 06-30-2017, 05:47 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
The left is so upset about a tweet but when the Presidnts head is shown in an ISIS pose, stabbed on stage by actors, shot in a music video by Snoop dog the drug addict, that's all fine with the left!

The left calls that Freedom of Speech!

President Trumps tweet was FREEDOM of SPEECH!
This doesn't fly, bentlebee. Griffith was condemned for that stupid picture, not praised. It could well have ended her career. The Julius Caesar play and your other instance is nothing exceptional at all. Other Presidents have been the similar objects of derision, and we both know that.

You want the citizens who neither trust Donald Trump nor approve of his actions to cut him some slack because he was your guy. I get it. But what, exactly, makes Trump immune from disapproval? How is he somehow any more special than any other President?

I cannot remember any President who was immune from mockery, satire, or similar criticism. And I've been around since Truman was catching similar stuff every day of the week. It comes with the territory. It is an elemental part of the way we hold our leaders up to the standards we expect them to have.

If you want everyone to lay off President Trump, then urge him to start acting like he is a President, not a Jr. High bully in some schoolyard.

That's the only way he will ever get the respect from his opposition that you so deeply want for him. He makes himself an object of derision every time he acts like a child, not a man. And he continually acts like a child.

It is freedom of speech, for sure, all of it. But Trump is using his freedom to behave like an peevish adolescent. And he's a 71-year old man. We expect a man that old to act like a mature man, not a pimply kid.

Because the job he has can literally destroy life as we all live it forever. That includes your life, too.

Freedom of speech is always a double-edged sword that cuts both directions, and you know it. God knows you swung that blade often enough at Obama when he was the President.

If you don't want Trump criticized, then urge him to straighten up and fly right.

Last edited by banjomike; 06-30-2017 at 06:07 AM..

Old 06-30-2017, 05:49 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:
The left is so upset about a tweet but when the Presidnts head is shown in an ISIS pose, stabbed on stage by actors, shot in a music video by Snoop dog the drug addict, that's all fine with the left!

BULL.

Utter BULL.

You can go find my posts on Kathy Griffin and see exactly how I felt about it. I and nearly every other leftist on this board condemned her actions!!!!

Old 06-30-2017, 05:50 AM

57,286 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Pretty high standards for a president using a comediene to set the bar.

Old 06-30-2017, 06:10 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:

This is the deranged double standard, of many, which they hold.

And if this is pointed out, they go on the personal attack.

Old 06-30-2017, 06:12 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:

Not true at all. Liberals and conservatives alike have spoken out about those things and expressed their disgust.

Thing is -- those celebrities aren't role models for integrity, etc. I don't care what Trump says as a private citizen. As a President of the USA -- I expect a basic level of maturity, dignity and respect.

And I don't think anyone is arguing against Trump's right to be disgusting in a tweet. I think it is the content of the tweet - and the childish, boorish nature of the tweet attacking someone's physical appearance.

Old 06-30-2017, 06:14 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
This is the deranged double standard, of many, which they hold.

And if this is pointed out, they go on the personal attack.
What is deranged is ignoring that many leftists decried Griffin's actions RIGHT HERE ON THIS BOARD yet you willfully ignore it!!

Old 06-30-2017, 06:14 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
It's very true. Look at the derangement topics created here just because the President decides to hit back a very unfair press.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies