Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2017, 07:58 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
yes.

I think there are a lot of clear thinking liberals/conservatives even on the internet.

unfortunately, there are also a lot of nasty people. (Never thought people could be so cruel like that.)
(vindictive, sneaky, etc.)

I respect a lot of CD posters here, even though they don't agree with me, a lot of them still earned my respect. I wish I can name names. LOL

Old 06-30-2017, 08:05 AM

5,472 posts, read 3,224,649 times
Every day this forum reinforce the matter to avoid becoming anything like the Right Winger and Avoid the labels of Conservatism and Republican.

They continue to demonstrate they are as self consumed as was the Confederate and their Antebellum. Self centered and full with contempt at anything that helps people, they are a force that fights against good governance, stand against regulatory governance, and many get hung up on their skin and think they have been selected to tell others how to live.

They can't go about life and mind their own business, they want to try to convert people to live the self deceptions and lies they are in constant activity to cover up with the obsessions in "Selective Amnesia". It appears they believe those Old 1950's - 1960's TV shows. And many have been trying to create that craziness for decades upon decades....

Old 06-30-2017, 08:06 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,648,155 times
I think for me, I've learned to appreciate both sides...on the left and the right. But I also noticed that many people are stuck in their biased ways and instead of seeing what's in front of them, they will ignore what they want to ignore, and only use what they want to use.

I'm liberal. But I've seen some people attack me and call me a Trumpster for not blindly following along with what's trendy with the left. I just like to call out facts and BS when I see it and not go along with a fake narrative.

Then again, I also see some conservatives here who are a bit far right and just get into a weird rift when you try to explain something to them.

I just consider myself a "classical" liberal, or moderate. But, I'm just not on board with the people who are so unhinged, like "OMG TRUMP SAID GRAB A GIRL BY HER PRIVATE! IMPEACH HIM! HES A RACIST SEXIST YADAYADAYADA...."....AHH SHUT YOUR MOUTH, you lefty looney!

But, I do enjoy this board, and when good arguments are presented to me with facts, I've been one to change my mind around.

Old 06-30-2017, 08:08 AM

16,569 posts, read 15,271,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Zero View Post
I grew up as a conservative, then briefly flirted with libertarianism (even had a print subscription to Reason!) and would now consider myself an independent, leaning left on most issues.

When I finally changed my voter registration from (R) to (No Party Preference) last year, it was with some reluctance and sadness, but after reading some of the Trump supporters' posts in this forum (and other sites) I'm more confident than ever that it's not the party for me. Even after Trump is long gone, the fact that so many are so willing to defend his actions is anathema to me.
Another "independent." Why don't you just come out and own up to who you really are?

Old 06-30-2017, 08:12 AM

14,682 posts, read 14,645,402 times
I try to always see the other side of an argument, and occasionally I am convinced by those of another opinion, as long as it is based in fact. The problem with this forum and most American political discourse these days is the hyperbole and trying to score "gotcha" points, rather than think what is actually better for society. Once you start seeing politics as a sporting event, with your chosen team, you'll follow anybody into anything.

Old 06-30-2017, 08:16 AM

4,663 posts, read 4,548,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Another "independent." Why don't you just come out and own up to who you really are?
I did. I thought I was a Republican, then realized the party has gone nuts.

So did George Will, Mary Matalin and many others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies