Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should transgendered individuals be able to serve in United States of America's military?
Yes 101 52.33%
No 92 47.67%
Voters: 193. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2017, 10:36 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,617,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachie123 View Post
i know that timmy. and klinger wasn't transgender. it was just a funny, timmy, just a funny. a man dressing as a woman in the military...
I totally agree it was funny. I love MASH and I still watch it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2017, 10:37 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,507,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
The reason that trans people are more prone to depression and anxiety is because they receive both intense pressure to live as someone they are not
Anybody prone to depression and anxiety is a bad fit for the military. Period.

A concerted effort to rewire human beings to praise and adore transgenders will not change the body dysmorphia and related conditions that transgenders suffer from that make them less than optimal choices for military service. Period.

Old 07-26-2017, 10:38 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,169,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Let's face it. The few transgender people who enlist in the military are doing it not because of any great love of country, or dedication to the mission, but to get the government to pay for their medical treatment and transition from one sex to the other. The military doesn't need to be incurring that expense.
Then by that logic, how about we stop incurring the expenses of the Dependapotamus's and their brood of crotch nuggets? From healthcare to BAH, military personnel WITH dependents are more expensive than those without.

Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
They can pull the trigger. But can a transgender woman carry a 65lbs backpack on patrol? Can they carry an injured soldier to safety? There's a physical aspect there.
If they can't, they don't get past boot. If they can, then they should be allowed to serve.

Ah, the United States. Where we plaster "SUPPORT OUR TROOPS" on everything yet have a checklist to determine if a soldier is actually worth supporting.

Requirements
□ Cisgender
□ Heterosexual
□ Male

Preferred
□ Christian
□ White

Stay classy, America.

6,844 posts, read 2,845,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Sure it is. Many need to take meds for the rest of their life. I addressed this already.
If you want to get all simplistic about it, so can I

Hormones. Some cis women do too, not only to regulate periods, but post menopause. Comes in a pill, pop it in your mouth, swallow and keep firing.

9,338 posts, read 7,110,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
If marksmanship was the only thing that mattered then this discussion would be a moot point.
Is anything else important enough to talk about? Can a military serviceman do their job in battle. As a US military veteran myself, that's all I care about.

Healthcare costs as a reason to dismiss transgender military members is laughable. And so is fellow service members being uncomfortable arpund transgender troops. You mean to tell me a US military member is comfortable to serve in Iraq and possibly die...but doesn't have the mental toughness to "be around a transgender?"

Old 07-26-2017, 10:39 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,096,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
I feel badly for anyone for whom the military is the only viable career option. Serving in Donald Trump's army sounds like a fool's mission if I ever heard one.

Military voted for Trump

Old 07-26-2017, 10:41 AM

5,660 posts, read 5,088,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
You thank them by kicking the out and telling them that their service was meaningless because some people think who they are is gross?
The readiness and abilities of our military is not built on feelings. I'm sure someone somewhere will provide them a safe space with Play-Doh, coloring books and a puppy or two.

Old 07-26-2017, 10:42 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
If you want to get all simplistic about it, so can I

Hormones. Some cis women do too, not only to regulate periods, but post menopause. Comes in a pill, pop it in your mouth, swallow and keep firing.
well, to me, where do we draw the line is the issue.

As a woman, I never have to take anything to regulate my period, (but I do suffer from Migraine headache at the time of the month and it is horrible. It usually lasts 1 day or two) but I know women who suffer a lot at that time of the month.

To me, A chronic condition is a human health condition or disease that is persistent or otherwise long-lasting in its effects or a disease that comes with time. The term chronic is often applied when the course of the disease lasts for more than three months.

Anybody suffer from a Chronic condition or illness should not serve in the military.

Old 07-26-2017, 10:42 AM

57,271 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
Anybody prone to depression and anxiety is a bad fit for the military. Period.

A concerted effort to rewire human beings to praise and adore transgenders will not change the body dysmorphia and related conditions that transgenders suffer from that make them less than optimal choices for military service. Period.
Since when does the service screen for psychological issues, around 20 veterans a day take their lives but now they have a sudden concern about transgender soldiers.

Old 07-26-2017, 10:43 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,507,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Is anything else important enough to talk about? Can a military serviceman do their job in battle. As a US military veteran myself, that's all I care about.

Healthcare costs as a reason to dismiss transgender military members is laughable. And so is fellow service members being uncomfortable arpund transgender troops. You mean to tell me a US military member is comfortable to serve in Iraq and possibly die...but doesn't have the mental toughness to "be around a transgender?"
If you wish to have a discussion with me, you'll need to stop asking yourself questions and then answering them under the pretense that I have anything to do with the conversation you're having with yourself. You can quote my posts all day long, but if you have an actual question to ask me then ask it rather than what you did here in your second paragraph.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies