Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2017, 04:03 PM

15,705 posts, read 9,428,391 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
I wonder how many of those purported 23-million (?) were actually paying anything for the free Obamacare they are now supposedly going to lose?
I'm not getting it for free. But when I can't afford it and when the medical care is even worse than it is now, America has two choices -- 1.) let me die or 2.) pay for my medical care. I don't really get why those with the oney to afford the best care want so much to deny the rest of us liveable care. Never mind that many hospitals and doctors aren't going to let us go uncared for, so the majority will end up paying for us anywhere.

But thanks for caring bout ut
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2017, 04:07 PM

275 posts, read 184,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
You mean imposing your personal will upon your neighbor with government goons is the "smart" choice. Hey believing that you have a Divine right to use aggression upon others to get what you want is okay. If it weren't for involuntary slavery and government aggression upon the individual, nothing would exist. We would all be immobilized and never interact with each other.

Without evil aggression, coercion, and violence by government goons upon the individual, the whole of the population would have never have produced a single road. LOL
I would gladly allow the likes of you to pay 0 taxes if you would go to live somewhere where you wouldn't rip the benefits of modern society and other people's taxes.
You have a full mouth of "but they make me pay taxes" however you still benefit of other's taxes past and current.

Old 07-01-2017, 04:09 PM

18,515 posts, read 7,274,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
And I don't mean by some vague indirect way like "I'll be paying through higher medical costs". I want to know how many of those uninsured that your are going to add to your insurance plan and pay the bill for every month.

You guys keep trashing republicans because they "don't care about the poor". So since you guys support funding the poor, I want to know how many people you are going to support out of pocket.

I'm looking for either a number of people (0, 1, 2, etc.), or a dollar amount.
Ha ha. Awesome post.

Old 07-01-2017, 04:26 PM

5,768 posts, read 3,198,301 times
Quote:

You guys keep trashing republicans because they "don't care about the poor". So since you guys support funding the poor, I want to know how many people you are going to support out of pocket.
You don't. You don't even care about yourselves.
I would like them to draft only Republicans for the next war. Can we work something out?

Old 07-01-2017, 04:29 PM
JRR

8,122 posts, read 5,577,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
You don't. You don't even care about yourselves.
I would like them to draft only Republicans for the next war. Can we work something out?
Don't even have to draft them; just let them pay for it, instead of all of us, would be good enough.

Old 07-04-2017, 09:33 AM

10,213 posts, read 14,756,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I'm not getting it for free. But when I can't afford it and when the medical care is even worse than it is now, America has two choices -- 1.) let me die or 2.) pay for my medical care. I don't really get why those with the oney to afford the best care want so much to deny the rest of us liveable care. Never mind that many hospitals and doctors aren't going to let us go uncared for, so the majority will end up paying for us anywhere.

But thanks for caring bout ut
Healthcare costs have gotten out of control for all of us, which is why healthcare insurance has become a necessity for anyone who has anything to lose. There is a extreme difference between wanting others to at least pay something -- and the often repeated characterization of "wanting to deny them livable healthcare."

I am weary of politicians and others who claim that lower income folks should have no obligation to pay for any of their own needs and services. Such seems to be the notion that working, 'nanny state' taxpayers should be happy to assume full, cradle-to-grave responsibility for the healthcare, education, housing, childcare, etc. of others, -- who are required to contribute nothing.

Getting back to my initial question, 'How many of the 23-million (??) who are purportedly 'losing' Obamacare insurance ... are actually paying anything for it? If Obamacare was based on genuine concern (rather than pandering for votes), the Dems. would have also have a viable plan to pay for it, rather than simply dumping that responsibility on future generations and administrations.

Old 07-04-2017, 09:36 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,843,404 times
Quote:
And I don't mean by some vague indirect way like "I'll be paying through higher medical costs". I want to know how many of those uninsured that your are going to add to your insurance plan and pay the bill for every month.

I'm looking for either a number of people (0, 1, 2, etc.), or a dollar amount.
This kind of logic....

If conservatives insist that all babies are born how many babies will conservatives adopt or support or provide a decent life for?

Old 07-04-2017, 10:23 AM

18,396 posts, read 7,009,058 times
Quote:
Why can't the collectivists themselves, or even the government that they worship, create a non-profit healthcare system for people to voluntary join? Those who feel that the government option is best for them can join that system, and those who feel that a competing system is best for them can join that.

See, no involuntary slavery, coercion, violence, or the threat thereof needed.

Why are the collectivists always so keen to impose their will upon others with thug government aggression???

If that non-profit is so beneficial and rewarding to all, then everyone would voluntarily join.

Because membership in the collective is not optional.

Did you not read the contract in your mother's womb?

Old 07-04-2017, 10:39 AM

25,297 posts, read 18,459,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
How many logical fallacies does the OP contain in their low information, emotionally driven rant?
So, that's a "0," right?

Old 07-04-2017, 10:43 AM

25,297 posts, read 18,459,268 times
Quote:
Why can't the collectivists themselves, or even the government that they worship, create a non-profit healthcare system for people to voluntary join? Those who feel that the government option is best for them can join that system, and those who feel that a competing system is best for them can join that.

See, no involuntary slavery, coercion, violence, or the threat thereof needed.

Why are the collectivists always so keen to impose their will upon others with thug government aggression???

If that non-profit is so beneficial and rewarding to all, then everyone would voluntarily join.
Because they would have no control over others. That is unacceptable to them. It's all about control, not about helping anyone with anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies